• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

they need a new NCAA CB game

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although for some reason the previous years have sucked for NCAA college basketball games. They need to make a new one because i don't think they have come out with one since 2010.

I have never understood why they just didn't use the same interface as NBA 2k series and just switched it to college. BUt the college games always were bad. I heard that the last new CB game only sold like 250k copies. :shocked:

Anyways, I want to get a BBall game, but I am tired of the NBA series as they become far too repetitive after 15 games. It's also the same thing every single year, nothing much different.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the reason is because of the amount of data needed with 320+ teams, numerous conferences, etc. . . For a while, people were using NCAA 2k8 and updating the rosters but the servers were shut down. I want this too, but I don't see it happening for a bit.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the reason is because of the amount of data needed with 320+ teams, numerous conferences, etc. . . For a while, people were using NCAA 2k8 and updating the rosters but the servers were shut down. I want this too, but I don't see it happening for a bit.

I understand the issue with having so many teams, as CBB has so much more teams than NCAA FB. But NCAA football is able to do 120 teams. So maybe CBB could do real good work for the 120 D-1 teams and then just do generic, very basic things for the rest of the teams in the game. Similar to FCS schools in CFB.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want college Lacrosse and ping pong

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isn't the number of schools or engines, its the fact that the games don't sell. That's the major reason why publishers stopped producing them. It takes just as much work as an NFL, CFB, or NBA game yet it only gets a fraction of the sales. CBB just isn't that popular in general. No one really pays much attention to it besides a few weeks in March.

It's a pity too because I love the game. Last one I got was NCAA 2k7. Whether its FB or BB, I enjoy playing the college game and exporting draft classes into the pro version of the game

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isn't the number of schools or engines, its the fact that the games don't sell. That's the major reason why publishers stopped producing them. It takes just as much work as an NFL, CFB, or NBA game yet it only gets a fraction of the sales. CBB just isn't that popular in general. No one really pays much attention to it besides a few weeks in March.

It's a pity too because I love the game. Last one I got was NCAA 2k7. Whether its FB or BB, I enjoy playing the college game and exporting draft classes into the pro version of the game

That is mainly because the games are not that good. Even though I like them and would play them over NBA, the NBA games put it to shame. Unlike NCAA vs Madden where IMO, NCAA is way better than Madden in both on field play and off field play. But in the BB series, the CBB always seemed like a very half assed put together game.

If you put effort into it, made it similar to the NBA games, marketed it well, you would sell these games. People usually enjoy college sports over pro sports.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2k7 and 2k8 were pretty solid and did jack shit sales wise. It's not that they're shitty games, people just don't like college basketball. You may like it, I might like it, but the vast majority of people don't.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2k7 and 2k8 were pretty solid and did jack shit sales wise. It's not that they're shitty games, people just don't like college basketball. You may like it, I might like it, but the vast majority of people don't.

poop. this doesn't bode well then for us.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about video games

but I'd say the chances of one coming out soon is pretty good

the fact that the college basketball game has been gone for so long will make a high demand for one now since it's gone, people miss stuff much more when it's gone.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it might make an appearance on the next gen of consoles that should launch at the end of this year. Due to its lack of popularity, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't just redressed from an NBA engine with bare bone features but a service where you can download up to date rosters each year.

So something like you pay 45 bucks for the game, and then 5 bucks each year to update rosters.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hold up. There is going to be a brand new set of consoles coming out? Like new Xbox and PS?

Shit. I gotta start saving up.

Unless it is like consoles that are only Kinect and Wii type consoles. I refuse to play video games that do not have controllers.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hold up. There is going to be a brand new set of consoles coming out? Like new Xbox and PS?

Shit. I gotta start saving up.

Unless it is like consoles that are only Kinect and Wii type consoles. I refuse to play video games that do not have controllers.

Yep. No launch has been confirmed yet but everyone seems to think Fall of this year is when they'll launch.

They could be industry changers as well. Some reports say you might not even buy games anymore. It'll all be bought and stored in the cloud.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. No launch has been confirmed yet but everyone seems to think Fall of this year is when they'll launch.

They could be industry changers as well. Some reports say you might not even buy games anymore. It'll all be bought and stored in the cloud.

so NCAA '14 will be the last video game for 360?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. That's why I'm not buying any more sports games for a couple of years. This year will probably be the last on the current gen and I won't get the first games for the new consoles because they tend to be buggy and lack features as developers are still testing out new hardware capabilities

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doubt Microsoft/Sony would want to fuck over retailers like that. It seems like retailers offer a lot of free advertisement for them. Doubt retailers would want to just carry the systems.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Microsoft/Sony would want to fuck over retailers like that. It seems like retailers offer a lot of free advertisement for them. Doubt retailers would want to just carry the systems.

Don't be so sure. For software developers,they'd be cutting out the middle man. And most would love to fuck over places like Gamestop because resales of games hurt their profits. I'm sure the retailers would still carry the systems because its really no different than selling a phone or computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually upset there are new consoles coming out. If i was 18 then maybe I would be stoked, but I really like my 360. and also these days dont have the funds to buy a $600 unit.

I also hope that these new things aren't ONLY motion detected. Seriously, like the 3D TV crap, I see this as a fad that shouldn't take over all video games. I understand having it for a few games, that is fun, but give the gamer an option for controller.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have expected it. By console terms, the 360 and PS3 are OLD. The 360 came out in 05. Most consoles last about 5 years before a new one comes out. This gen will be 8 years old when the new ones launch.

It's not all motion stuff. The leaks I've read said the new Xbox will have an upgraded form of Kinect that comes with the launch console but there's still going to be your traditional controller. From what I can tell, the new Xbox is aiming to be an all in one entertainment center. You can access TV, the web, games and such all through the Xbox and also some content through your phone. Too much to list here. Just google "xbox 720" "microsoft durango" and "microsoft smartglass".

I don't know much about Sony's new offering but I imagine its own a similar level

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they come out anytime in the near future. Especially if they don't announce them at E3 in June. Most high caliber games even take a year from announcment of the product till when it's available on a store shelf. PS3 was said to have a 10+ year life cycle upon its release. I just don't see either coming out in the next year. Maybe 2 years.