• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Trade Deadline Approaches!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's gonna be moved? Brandin Cooks seems like a prime candidate to me, along with a slew of underused RBs.

I don't foresee a huge deal on par with the McCaffrey deal, but who knows?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear a lot of analysts talking about the Packers trading for a vet WR.
I just don’t see that happening.

Probably some small moves, like I can see Gesicki being traded (who cares?). Even Zack Moss. And yes, Cooks seems primed to move on.

Interested to see if Hunt and Claypool find new homes.
I just don’t see a team in the hunt (pardon the pun) in need for a RB.
Receiver is wide (pardon the pun) open.

Giants are the obvious team to look at for a WR deal.

Hunt to the Rams
Claypool to the Giants
Cooks to the Titans or Ravens
Gesicki to the Bucs

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear a lot of analysts talking about the Packers trading for a vet WR.
I just don’t see that happening.

Probably some small moves, like I can see Gesicki being traded (who cares?). Even Zack Moss. And yes, Cooks seems primed to move on.

Interested to see if Hunt and Claypool find new homes.
I just don’t see a team in the hunt (pardon the pun) in need for a RB.
Receiver is wide (pardon the pun) open.

Giants are the obvious team to look at for a WR deal.

Hunt to the Rams
Claypool to the Giants
Cooks to the Titans or Ravens
Gesicki to the Bucs
I think Hunt to the Rams is a smart move for them. Dunno what's going on with Akers, but he's clearly not in the Rams future.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Denver, I have my eye on B. Chubb, Jeudy, Risner, Gordon, and Hamler. Maybe AO. I doubt more than 1 of them go, but most of the rumored guys make financial sense.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Denver, I have my eye on B. Chubb, Jeudy, Risner, Gordon, and Hamler. Maybe AO. I doubt more than 1 of them go, but most of the rumored guys make financial sense.
I've heard that the Giants are likin' Jeudy.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better keep yer eye on Hackett as well. This is kinda harsh, but hey, it's the NFL.

ESPN’s Dan Graziano reports “there's chatter in league circles” Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett could be fired if Denver doesn’t win its Week 8 game in London.​

Hackett has been at the center of the Broncos’ 2-5 start, with Denver leading the league in penalties and ranking last in points per game (14.3). Since being forced to hire a game management coach in Week 4, Hackett has lost four straight while overseeing an offense that's produced five touchdowns. The Broncos' new ownership wasn't in place when Hackett was hired, leading to speculation Hackett will only get one season in Denver. With DC Ejiro Evero lurking as an interim option, a midseason firing for Hackett can’t be ruled out. Losing another game on the national stage in London could lead to changes going into Denver’s bye.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to elaborate on the above post. Hackett was hired before new ownership took over.

Even more telling, he was forced to hire a "game management coach" in Week 4?

This tells me he's gone. That said, I'm rooting for him to come out a winner.

I have no love for asshole ownership. You wanna get ridda the guy, fine. Don't embarrass and humiliate him.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very happy the Broncos drafted Chubb!

1667015653191.gif

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better keep yer eye on Hackett as well. This is kinda harsh, but hey, it's the NFL.

ESPN’s Dan Graziano reports “there's chatter in league circles” Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett could be fired if Denver doesn’t win its Week 8 game in London.​

Hackett has been at the center of the Broncos’ 2-5 start, with Denver leading the league in penalties and ranking last in points per game (14.3). Since being forced to hire a game management coach in Week 4, Hackett has lost four straight while overseeing an offense that's produced five touchdowns. The Broncos' new ownership wasn't in place when Hackett was hired, leading to speculation Hackett will only get one season in Denver. With DC Ejiro Evero lurking as an interim option, a midseason firing for Hackett can’t be ruled out. Losing another game on the national stage in London could lead to changes going into Denver’s bye.

Just to elaborate on the above post. Hackett was hired before new ownership took over.

Even more telling, he was forced to hire a "game management coach" in Week 4?

This tells me he's gone. That said, I'm rooting for him to come out a winner.

I have no love for asshole ownership. You wanna get ridda the guy, fine. Don't embarrass and humiliate him.
Hackett- yes that's been the talk ever since the last loss, for all the reasons you mentioned.

I truly believe with all my being, Hackett was hired to get A-A-Ron to Denver, and when that didn't work and they pivoted to RW, a totally different type of QB, Hackett really just dropped the ball and cannot figure out how to pick it back up. The prevailing opinion on the talk radio in the area is that if they lose ugly in London Sunday, Hackett is likely fired, probably as soon as he gets off the plane.

As to the players-
if anyone offered a seventh for AlbertO, they'd take it. I can't recall a player with more promise falling so fast without there being an injury or suspension involved, they literally will not play him.

Same could be said for Gordon, if they could find a taker, he'd be dealt for next to nothing.

Risner I haven't heard any rumors on, they'd be silly to trade him. He's the kind of guy you build an Oline around.

Hamler is a definite candidate to be moved, however they wouldn't get much, as even those rare times he's %100, he's not really used enough to show he can produce.

Juedy, if they can get a worthy pick or two, I'm sure they'd take it. Rumblings about his piss poor attitude have stirred since he was taken in the draft. And you know the other 30 teams are well aware of that.

B. Chubb is the one guy who might bring a decent return, and no team can have too many quality pass rushers

I expect a move to be made, Paton needs to do something to try and correct the debacle he created with the Hackett hire and the RW trade, they have a gloomy future with no high draft picks for the next two years, and not much outside of Juedy or Chubb that could realistically replenish any of that. But my best guess, based off all the local rumors and my intuition, would be that the most likely realistic moves would be AlbertO and Chubb. Don't see anyone wanting give much of anything for Gordon or Hamler, they're not ready to give up on Juedy, and Risner, while likely to bring back a nice pick, just doesn't make sense to deal.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Donkeys really wanted to get serious, Justin Simmons would be the guy to deal. Every team with visions of a super bowl could use an all pro, all world, Safety, and most would gladly fork over a #1 to get him.

Throw Randy Gregory on the block too, he's not helping Denver wing anything in the near future

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Donkeys really wanted to get serious, Justin Simmons would be the guy to deal. Every team with visions of a super bowl could use an all pro, all world, Safety, and most would gladly fork over a #1 to get him.

Throw Randy Gregory on the block too, he's not helping Denver wing anything in the near future
Simmons just signed an extension and Gregory just signed. Dead money would be hell.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons just signed an extension and Gregory just signed. Dead money would be hell.
Well, true, but both Gregory and Simmons combined dead money wouldn't equal what the Falcons took on to trade Matt Ryan..and they didn't even really get much in return.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett- yes that's been the talk ever since the last loss, for all the reasons you mentioned.

I truly believe with all my being, Hackett was hired to get A-A-Ron to Denver, and when that didn't work and they pivoted to RW, a totally different type of QB, Hackett really just dropped the ball and cannot figure out how to pick it back up. The prevailing opinion on the talk radio in the area is that if they lose ugly in London Sunday, Hackett is likely fired, probably as soon as he gets off the plane.

As to the players-
if anyone offered a seventh for AlbertO, they'd take it. I can't recall a player with more promise falling so fast without there being an injury or suspension involved, they literally will not play him.

Same could be said for Gordon, if they could find a taker, he'd be dealt for next to nothing.

Risner I haven't heard any rumors on, they'd be silly to trade him. He's the kind of guy you build an Oline around.

Hamler is a definite candidate to be moved, however they wouldn't get much, as even those rare times he's %100, he's not really used enough to show he can produce.

Juedy, if they can get a worthy pick or two, I'm sure they'd take it. Rumblings about his piss poor attitude have stirred since he was taken in the draft. And you know the other 30 teams are well aware of that.

B. Chubb is the one guy who might bring a decent return, and no team can have too many quality pass rushers

I expect a move to be made, Paton needs to do something to try and correct the debacle he created with the Hackett hire and the RW trade, they have a gloomy future with no high draft picks for the next two years, and not much outside of Juedy or Chubb that could realistically replenish any of that. But my best guess, based off all the local rumors and my intuition, would be that the most likely realistic moves would be AlbertO and Chubb. Don't see anyone wanting give much of anything for Gordon or Hamler, they're not ready to give up on Juedy, and Risner, while likely to bring back a nice pick, just doesn't make sense to deal.
Solid read Mr Treff sir....

so Obrien's Houston destruction or The Denver Debacle is it worth asking which is worse....

ouch

just so ya know that two NFL loving Hoser brothers are both snakebit..

ya know the Houston one well my only brother is a Beyond and I do mean Beyond Psychotic Diehard Bronco Maniac...

im telling ya i think his final decision on which house to chose (he was down to last 2 ) was the address of 7 his beloved Elway..

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Barilko , call up your Texans buddies and tell 'em to trade Cooks to a team where he'd actually be used. ;)