• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Time Is Now

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change! change! change! Call Wally Backman now and send Terry Collins on his way out of town, Sandy. Just look what Pittsburgh has done with a former Met/player as their manager.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Since he's taken over Collins has been handed AAA players and actually made them halfway comptetitive. For all intents and purposes the Mets have overachieved under Collins.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty, he is going to have the bullpen worn out before the all star break if he keeps going the way he is. We need to make a trade now for a bonified starter and a solid outfielder if we are going to compete. I don't care if Zack Wheeler and TA are involved. Also, our outfielders just flat out stink. We go through the same thing every year with the outfield. Other than Lucas Duda, they are horrible and LD isn't even an outfielder. Thoughts anyone?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, Bay, Johan, Francisco and probably Buck come off the books after this year, that's like $50 million freed up, and apparently the Wilpon's finances are finally in order so they're ready to spend this offseason.

We're not doing anything this year, so I wouldn't trade any long term assets for a short term investment. I say move Buck at some point for a serviceable reliever or outfielder and then try to play our cards right in free agency.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, Bay, Johan, Francisco and probably Buck come off the books after this year, that's like $50 million freed up, and apparently the Wilpon's finances are finally in order so they're ready to spend this offseason.

We're not doing anything this year, so I wouldn't trade any long term assets for a short term investment. I say move Buck at some point for a serviceable reliever or outfielder and then try to play our cards right in free agency.

Agreed. This year is what it is. Hopefully next year we get back in the swing of things. Alderson knows what he's doing.