• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seahawks have given up

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you think keeping Pete is the right choice to do that?
I think Pete's time has run it's course. Too many whiffs on draft picks and trades that haven't worked out, but I will say moving on from Russ now was probably the right timing. Hasn't played a down for Denver and his agent full knowing the Broncs just got sold is already throwing contract numbers out there. I also think Pete and the FO did well with this draft. So maybe Pete can do another rebuild if they stay away from reaches in the draft.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pete's time has run it's course. Too many whiffs on draft picks and trades that haven't worked out, but I will say moving on from Russ now was probably the right timing. Hasn't played a down for Denver and his agent full knowing the Broncs just got sold is already throwing contract numbers out there. I also think Pete and the FO did well with this draft. So maybe Pete can do another rebuild if they stay away from reaches in the draft.

Well everyone loves this draft. Let's see how it actually pans out though.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3yrs we'll know for sure but I will say they didn't reach/pick projects in the early rounds which is why I actually like this years draft.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3yrs we'll know for sure but I will say they didn't reach/pick projects in the early rounds which is why I actually like this years draft.

Yeah. The picks certainly were certainly more in line with conventional wisdom.

Not sure why it took them 10 years to do it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their egos inflated quickly with the LOB, Russ and winning a SB in a few short years they became blinded by their early success. Sadly this is what we have cause of that so hopefully right the ship and get back to business.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
win now versus building for the future
imagine if they just built for the future the past 10 years...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they've finally realized that reaching for guys they like who could be had a few rounds later hasn't worked out for them and now they've started taking the best player available at a position of need.

If they had followed conventional wisdom the last few years, this roster would look a lot better than it currently does.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all love it because a majority of us have hated the draft selections we've made the last 5 years and the results have vindicated our post-draft belief that the Seahawks could've done better. The fact that they didn't absolutely shit the bed this draft is a victory.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had followed conventional wisdom the last few years, this roster would look a lot better than it currently does.
I honestly feel that RW had influenced them quite a bit with some of the decisions they've made by trading picks for players... KJ Wright's interview the other day was a must hear... He basically said that RW split the locker room and was not getting his way the past few seasons in terms of wanting to play the way he wanted... Lots of push back, which made it a bad marriage going forward... It was time for RW to move on and part ways...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly feel that RW had influenced them quite a bit with some of the decisions they've made by trading picks for players... KJ Wright's interview the other day was a must hear... He basically said that RW split the locker room and was not getting his way the past few seasons in terms of wanting to play the way he wanted... Lots of push back, which made it a bad marriage going forward... It was time for RW to move on and part ways...

Or it was time for us to move on from Pete and John.

Time will tell which was the right choice.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah players often are like fans I remember RW pushing for players based on name value and ignoring the negatives, Antonio Brown comes to mind.
Players who want to play GM or OC need to recognize their limitations and stick to playing their position and let GM, HC and OC do their job. Problem is many don't realize they really don't know how to be a GM,HC or OC and become upset they don't get to dictate how others should do their jobs. It was time to move on from RW and it's water under the bridge now. I want to focus on the present and the future.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it was time for us to move on from Pete and John.

Time will tell which was the right choice.
What was interesting about KJ's interview is he praised D. Carr for his leadership and locker room presence but didn't give RW the same credit...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys want Jimmy at QB is the 49rs cut him ? Rumor is building on that front … I’m conflicted, the guy is ok, has playoff experience

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys want Jimmy at QB is the 49rs cut him ? Rumor is building on that front … I’m conflicted, the guy is ok, has playoff experience
Rather not. Just go with what is at hand, don't waste money or assets for a bandaid who won't be part of the future, in a season where developing players should be the priority.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would rather pass, Jimmy is not worth the effort. Sure he can be a good QB at times but it's not worth the wasted time spent on him.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man now I’m seeing DK is looking to get around 110 million over 4 years, 70 million guaranteed… Why did the receiver market suddenly start looking like the QB market ? We got strapped dealing with Russ’s contract, now DK ? DK is gonna weaken the team with that bloated contract, I say we get some picks for him, have the draft of the century next season ! Not sure what impact DK is gonna have the next couple years here, won’t matter…

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man now I’m seeing DK is looking to get around 110 million over 4 years, 70 million guaranteed… Why did the receiver market suddenly start looking like the QB market ? We got strapped dealing with Russ’s contract, now DK ? DK is gonna weaken the team with that bloated contract, I say we get some picks for him, have the draft of the century next season ! Not sure what impact DK is gonna have the next couple years here, won’t matter…
It's a problem. We saw team load up on WRs in the draft, in large part because teams don't want to break the bank for a WR, 49ers are having the same problem with Deebo and the Rams just paid Kupp big money, think his cap hit in 2023 is almost 28 million. IDK if there still are teams willing to give much for a player who wants a ton of money, so it's a dilemma.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a problem. We saw team load up on WRs in the draft, in large part because teams don't want to break the bank for a WR, 49ers are having the same problem with Deebo and the Rams just paid Kupp big money, think his cap hit in 2023 is almost 28 million. IDK if there still are teams willing to give much for a player who wants a ton of money, so it's a dilemma.

Yeah it really is …

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would hate to see metcalf go but whatever he ends up getting will be too much. We should trade him for future firsts, 3 years in a row with two firsts would be a boon long term.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would hate to see metcalf go but whatever he ends up getting will be too much. We should trade him for future firsts, 3 years in a row with two firsts would be a boon long term.
The draft had teams loading up with WRs so is anyone still willing to trade a first for a WR?