• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Raiders emerge as the favorite to land Randall Cobb....Thoughts, Raider Nation?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will depend on how the draft plays out but the top rated player in the draft is a DT in Leonard Williams. Most likely he is gone by the time the Raiders pick but hey crazier things have happened. Behind him there are some pretty good DT's but I wouldn't say they are top-5 worthy. Maybe look more in the 2nd round or if you can trade back kind of thing.

As for Knighton he was a pretty good player for the Broncos. He is one of the best run stopping DT's in the NFL and works very well in Del Rio's style of defense. He won't offer much as a pass rusher although he does have a decent first step at times. Probably the only real negative about Knighton is he really struggles with his weight. The last 2 training camps with the Broncos he showed up over 30 lbs. overweight and got fined heavily by the team. Not really what you want out of a guy that is supposed to be one of the leaders on the defense. He also because of the weight struggles to play significant snaps like you expect. For the Broncos this last year he only played on 48% of all defensive snaps. Compare that to a guy like Suh who plays on over 80% of the defensive snaps and also plays on a decent number of special teams snaps.

Again great player and one the Broncos will most likely miss but he is wanting in the $7.5-8.5 million range for this upcoming season. A little too rich for a guy that only plays part time in my opinion.
cd, tell me how you feel about losing JT to the Jags??

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin to sign with KC.

Fuck.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Torrey Smith is headed to San Francisco.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should just consider this the Raiders free agent thread.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should just consider this the Raiders free agent thread.

Last edited:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird. Double posting.

I didn't think that happened on here.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Chiefs center Rodney Hudson is a target of the Raiders in free agency, according to ESPN Insider Adam Caplan Sunday as well as two reporters from Fox Sports (Mike Garafolo, Peter Schrager).

Kansas City is said to be making a push to retain Hudson before free agency gets underway officially on Tuesday. With their own Stefen Wisniewski set to hit the open market, the Raiders appear to have reversed position on the two players from their stance in the 2011 draft.

The Raiders could have taken Hudson at No. 48 overall in the second round, but selected Wisniewski, a legacy player and a nephew of guard Steve Wisniewski. Kansas City took Hudson seven spots later at No. 58.

Figures from ProFootballFocus would indicate Hudson was the better player last year, with a 13.0 grade that trailed only the Jets’ Nick Mangold and the Cowboys’ Travis Frederick among NFL centers. He graded positive in ever area _ run blocking, pass blocking, screen blocking and in penalties."

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't want out of KC, he wants money. I sound a bit sore on this, but there is a surprisingly large amount of people willing to give up the picks.

"Second, he’s motivated to move on. Per multiple sources, Houston is very upset with the Chiefs. It’s believed that he’ll actively solicit an offer sheet in the hopes the Chiefs won’t match it."

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the Lakers game.

Later.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Second, he’s motivated to move on. Per multiple sources, Houston is very upset with the Chiefs. It’s believed that he’ll actively solicit an offer sheet in the hopes the Chiefs won’t match it."
By longterm money. This is just his agent trying to troll Dorsey, just my two cents.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, tell me how you feel about losing JT to the Jags??

To me I don't see it as losing JT to the Jags but as the Broncos using that possible $9-10 million a year somewhere else to help the team. I say good for him going and getting the biggest deal that he could. IT is a players' right and honestly if I was in his situation not sure I would have been any different. I think he is going to find though it is hard to go to a losing organization and one that stands a very good chance of staying a losing organization for the next few years. The fans will quickly turn on him because he is the big contract on the team. I just think too often players don't think through the struggles of what happens when you chase after the top dollar that you possibly can. Sometimes in the long run it can actually cost you with endorsements not really rolling in. Now I could be completely off and the Jaguars could be on their way up and maybe Blake Bortles is actually a pretty decent quarterback. I watched a little of him and if they can fix that OL and have his WR's stop getting in so much trouble I think he could do well in this league.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By longterm money. This is just his agent trying to troll Dorsey, just my two cents.
To me I don't see it as losing JT to the Jags but as the Broncos using that possible $9-10 million a year somewhere else to help the team. I say good for him going and getting the biggest deal that he could. IT is a players' right and honestly if I was in his situation not sure I would have been any different. I think he is going to find though it is hard to go to a losing organization and one that stands a very good chance of staying a losing organization for the next few years. The fans will quickly turn on him because he is the big contract on the team. I just think too often players don't think through the struggles of what happens when you chase after the top dollar that you possibly can. Sometimes in the long run it can actually cost you with endorsements not really rolling in. Now I could be completely off and the Jaguars could be on their way up and maybe Blake Bortles is actually a pretty decent quarterback. I watched a little of him and if they can fix that OL and have his WR's stop getting in so much trouble I think he could do well in this league.
So in other words, you don't trip?? Im the same way.. Why trip over something you can't control..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in other words, you don't trip?? Im the same way.. Why trip over something you can't control..

He is definitely a talent in this league when healthy. The issue to me is there were just so many red flags with JT that signing him long-term to such a big deal is a quick way to get an organization in trouble. I do wish him well in Jacksonville but he is one of the guys I will not lose sleep over if we lose them. Really the only FA I am actually hoping the Broncos resign is that of Virgil Green. The guy is a very underrated player in this league that does not get the attention that he should. The NFL actually has shown though how much they think of him with about half the teams in the league calling his agent day 1 of the Legal Tampering window. Heck JT only had about 3 teams call about him yet he is the one that will make the big bucks.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is definitely a talent in this league when healthy. The issue to me is there were just so many red flags with JT that signing him long-term to such a big deal is a quick way to get an organization in trouble. I do wish him well in Jacksonville but he is one of the guys I will not lose sleep over if we lose them. Really the only FA I am actually hoping the Broncos resign is that of Virgil Green. The guy is a very underrated player in this league that does not get the attention that he should. The NFL actually has shown though how much they think of him with about half the teams in the league calling his agent day 1 of the Legal Tampering window. Heck JT only had about 3 teams call about him yet he is the one that will make the big bucks.
Ya some Raider fans out there would like to snag Green from you guys.. I don't know alot about the guy, but from what i have seen, he looks pretty good.. Are you guys going to make a play for Wiz2??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya some Raider fans out there would like to snag Green from you guys.. I don't know alot about the guy, but from what i have seen, he looks pretty good.. Are you guys going to make a play for Wiz2??

Well if the rumors are true the Broncos are going to make a run at Wiz. At this point though Broncos have been linked to about every OL player on the market. I would love to get him as he seems like a very smart technically sound player and a great locker room guy. As for Green he is a tough one to judge. Some team is going to pay him based on potential more so than production on the field. He is probably the best blocking TE in the NFL right now or at least top-5. The issue is nobody quite knows what he can do as a receiving threat. He actually came into the league more known for his receiving skills than blocking skills so there is some major potential that he could emerge as a great receiving threat while also doing a great job in the run game.