• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The one dish you've ALWAYS wanted to know how to cook or consider your speciality...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LongtimeRamsFan42

Just went to the Oregon Coast last weekend and ate one of the most delicious Seafood Pastas that I have ever had... It was from a place called Georgie's. Found the recipe online:

o.jpg

Will have to make this asap... If it is anything close to the pasta I had at the restaurant then this is going to be my new go-to pasta recipe.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LongtimeRamsFan42

Just went to the Oregon Coast last weekend and ate one of the most delicious Seafood Pastas that I have ever had... It was from a place called Georgie's. Found the recipe online:

View attachment 132417

Will have to make this asap... If it is anything close to the pasta I had at the restaurant then this is going to be my new go-to pasta recipe.

The only thing I'd change is using "cooking wine"...One rule of thumb I was taught early in my career, if you wouldn't drink it, don't use it...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I'd change is using "cooking wine"...One rule of thumb I was taught early in my career, if you wouldn't drink it, don't use it...
Yea what even is the difference between "cooking wine" and say a Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc? Or are they the same thing?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 days and not one picture of a gorgeous and sexy broad as an answer. You're all queer.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea what even is the difference between "cooking wine" and say a Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc? Or are they the same thing?

Well that's just it, its usually just white cooking wine, a blend of god knows what lol. not a specific grape. Same thing with Red cooking wine. Also, sometimes it'll have extra salt added, which is NEVER a good thing. You always want to control the salt yourself...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's just it, its usually just white cooking wine, a blend of god knows what lol. not a specific grape. Same thing with Red cooking wine. Also, sometimes it'll have extra salt added, which is NEVER a good thing. You always want to control the salt yourself...
So you'd recommend using an actual white wine then? What white wines do you prefer to cook with, or does it differ? I agree the more control you have over the salt, the better everything tastes. That took me a while to figure out.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you'd recommend using an actual white wine then? What white wines do you prefer to cook with, or does it differ? I agree the more control you have over the salt, the better everything tastes. That took me a while to figure out.

Oh yeah, I'd use anything you'd consider drinking. If you like(for example)Sauvignon Blanc, go with that. However, you absolutely do not want anything too strong tasting because it will reduce in the pan and taste even stronger at the end. Nothing worse than making a nice sauce and having the wine completely overpower the rest of it...Of course, there are some sauces where you want that to be a strong flavor(like a white wine/butter sauce)...