• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "Oh, No! There's No Game Day Thread and I Want to Say Something" Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're close to my delusion. I don't pretend he missed the free-throw at a more critical time (OT) to make it a closer game. I pretend he made the free throws, went to OT, and just lost because the other team outscored us in general. I don't like to focus on how we lose, just did we win or not. The minutia gets me into the whatif mode and that's never helpful for moving on.

The more important the game, the harder it is to do. I mean, what if the Niners punt returner did not fumble TWICE in the 4th and OT in the NFC Championship game? Can we assume safe Smith would have turned it over otherwise? Could we assume the do-nothing-in-the-game Manning would have driven the field against that defense with 1-2 minutes or less? Maybe, but it's not likely. The Niners had the lead and a ball control offense that gave them the lead.

So that's harder for me to imagine it happened differently.... And reimagining Smith throwing the game away instead of the punt returner fumbling wouldn't help. It has to be the other team, can't be luck either.

The game last night against the New York Knicks is what I was imagining for the other game where Hayward missed his free throw. Against the Knicks, Hayward got fouled on a three-pointer with two seconds to go. He made all three free throws and the Jazz subsequently lost in overtime by seven. In the other game, he missed the last free throw and it bugged me. So I just imagine the Knicks game happened twice. Why can't the Jazz play well in overtime? Just kidding.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz are
losing to the Wizards. I am so impatient right now. Glad I'm not Snyder. (No, I can't watch the game but
I see the score.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jazz are
losing to the Wizards. I am so impatient right now. Glad I'm not Snyder. (No, I can't watch the game but
I see the score.

Good post.

I was probably going to watch the game, but the results were spoiled on the radio during my drive home.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like interconference games, so I'm disappointed I missed another 1 out of 30 chances to watch one, with the Wizards game.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Boston Celtics Game Day Thread Started by Nuraman But Inexcusably Never Finished]

Starting now.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is MHSillyL82 going to explain this game?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is MHSL82 going to explain this game?

Bad defensive rebounding. I was a fan of Mack from the second he was born. I remember hearing it on the radio.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you mean bad defensive rebounding, since Utah should have gotten more defensive boards, and not allowed Portland to get so many offensive boards?

Portland grabbed 25 defensive boards on 43 missed Utah shots. 58%.

Utah grabbed 26 defensive boards on 51 missed Portland shots. 51%.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad offensive rebounding. I was a fan of Mack from the second he was born. I remember hearing it on the radio.

Was there something specifically you liked about Mack, or were you referencing his overall career as a Jazz?

Is there a play-by-play broadcaster who broadcasted Mack's birth on the radio? You must remember the day/time he was born, since it was a memorable moment for you while listening to the radio, on April 22, 1990.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you mean bad defensive rebounding, since Utah should have gotten more defensive boards, and not allowed Portland to get so many offensive boards?

Portland grabbed 25 defensive boards on 43 missed Utah shots. 58%.

Utah grabbed 26 defensive boards on 51 missed Portland shots. 51%.

Yes, that is what I meant.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there something specifically you liked about Mack, or were you referencing his overall career as a Jazz?

Is there a play-by-play broadcaster who broadcasted Mack's birth on the radio? You must remember the day/time he was born, since it was a memorable moment for you while listening to the radio, on April 22, 1990.

I was referring to this:

I didn't know he was born yet. I expected him to be born in 2018. (In other words, I hadn't heard of him before.)

2016 Trade Deadline Thread.

The first time I heard of him was when I heard on the radio that we traded for him, hence, to me, he was born that day. I liked him from the second he was born. Now, Mark Jackson, on the other hand, God rest his soul, but I hate him. They say it's not good to hate a dead guy, but what am I to do?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know he was born yet. I expected him to be born in 2018. (In other words, I hadn't heard of him before.)

I was referring to this:

2016 Trade Deadline Thread.

The first time I heard of him was when I heard on the radio that we traded for him, hence, to me, he was born that day. I liked him from the second he was born. Now, Mark Jackson, on the other hand, God rest his soul, but I hate him. They say it's not good to hate a dead guy, but what am I to do?

Thanks.

Great post and follow-up of the running joke.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You see, you can say, "how did you like Vince Carter as a Raptor?" not a Raptor man. But you can't say, "Was there something specifically you liked about Mack's career as a Jazz?" You have to say Jazz player or Jazz man. Right? And even then, I don't know if Mack is a good Jazz player or if he has any musical abilities at all. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see, you can say, "how did you like Vince Carter as a Raptor?" not a Raptor man. But you can't say, "Was there something specifically you liked about Mack's career as a Jazz?" You have to say Jazz player or Jazz man. Right?

No. I can say what I said earlier and it's understood that I'm talking about a NBA player, and not the music. ;)

And even then, I don't know if Mack is a good Jazz player or if he has any musical abilities at all. ;)

Clue # 1: He wasn't invited to the TNT talent show during the ASB. So that must mean he doesn't have any musical abilities.

Oh, I still haven't looked up who won the talent challenge. I'll do it once I'm ready to calculate scores for the All Star Predictions Game. Hopefully Jeremy Evans won, because his art really was good.

It also makes sense on why he unveiled a painting of him dunking during the dunk contest a few years ago.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I can say what I said earlier and it's understood that I'm talking about a NBA player, and not the music. ;)

Clue # 1: He wasn't invited to the TNT talent show during the ASB. So that must mean he doesn't have any musical abilities.

Oh, I still haven't looked up who won the talent challenge. I'll do it once I'm ready to calculate scores for the All Star Predictions Game. Hopefully Jeremy Evans won, because his art really was good.

It also makes sense on why he unveiled a painting of him dunking during the dunk contest a few years ago.

I didn't mean to imply that your "career as a Jazz" reference was confusing. I was talking about how "Jazz" is an adjective and "Raptor" is a noun and adjective. Then, I threw in the music reference as a separate comment.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to imply that your "career as a Jazz" reference was confusing. I was talking about how "Jazz" is an adjective and "Raptor" is a noun and adjective. Then, I threw in the music reference as a separate comment.

Yeah, I got that. I was trying to play off of your response, to my abilities. I guess it wasn't to the "best" of my abilities, as I've probably had better follow-ups.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I got that. I was trying to play off of your response, to my abilities. I guess it wasn't to the "best" of my abilities, as I've probably had better follow-ups.

You have to do it to the best of my abilities, not yours. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a really well-edited video audio (and visually).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past few years, the games against the Thunder are almost all terrible. Just a bad matchup, and the Jazz aren't to that level yet.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we were 14-29 from the free throw line.

And why are we shooting 32 three-pointers to Golden State's 35?