• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "Oh, No! There's No Game Day Thread and I Want to Say Something" Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught on the radio that the Jazz are down 19 to 13 to Minnesota and that 13 is there season-low for a quarter. My prediction before the second quarter starts is that Jazz will score 31 points in the second quarter and Minnesota will score 19 again.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was wrong. Or at least I assume I was wrong. My stupid mobile phone can't see the quarters breakdown on ESPN box score. They just run the gamecast.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was wrong. Or at least I assume I was wrong. My stupid mobile phone can't see the quarters breakdown on ESPN box score. They just run the gamecast.

Is it the gamecast app or is it your phone?

Good thread title.

Last edited:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HoustonGame - 1/04: Darn Hood misses the free throw. For my sanity, I'm going to pretend we lost in overtime after he tied it up. Or does that make me more crazy?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HoustonGame - 1/04: Darn Hood misses the free throw. For my sanity, I'm going to pretend we lost in overtime after he tied it up. Or does that make me more crazy?

Thanks. I won't be posting much for the next 3+ weeks, partly due to tennis starting next week. And other reasons.

This thread may be the best way for me to keep up with the action, until the end of the month.

Your post also reminds me of something Serena Williams said she told herself, after blundering a few points in a row. She pretended the point wasn't as at a critical juncture as it really was. I guess this helps calm her and makes it easier to focus on the next point.

Your alternate reality seems to be achieving the same result, but in a different way. You're pretending the missed FT was at a more critical juncture than it was, to make it seem like the game was closer, and to take the focus off the blown lead. I think your desired result is to calm you about the loss.

By having you pretend that Hood tied it up, it's supposed to make you feel better than knowing that he never tied it.

Also, I saw a stat about how Hayward shot decently from 3-point land in December. But I feel like that Godfather III quote: "Just when you think I'm out, they pull me back in". Just when I think he'll be a consistent shooter, he'll have a bad month.

He might finally have 1 good full season in his career, but I don't think he'll ever be consistent.

He's good enough though to be a part of the team, it's not like he's bad enough to be benched.

I guess he's like Marvin Williams or something. Just can't seem to be consistent.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I won't be posting much for the next 3+ weeks, partly due to tennis starting next week. And other reasons.

This thread may be the best way for me to keep up with the action, until the end of the month.

Your post also reminds me of something Serena Williams said she told herself, after blundering a few points in a row. She pretended the point wasn't as at a critical juncture as it really was. I guess this helps calm her and makes it easier to focus on the next point.

Your alternate reality seems to be achieving the same result, but in a different way. You're pretending the missed FT was at a more critical juncture than it was, to make it seem like the game was closer, and to take the focus off the blown lead. I think your desired result is to calm you about the loss.

By having you pretend that Hood tied it up, it's supposed to make you feel better than knowing that he never tied it.

Also, I saw a stat about how Hayward shot decently from 3-point land in December. But I feel like that Godfather III quote: "Just when you think I'm out, they pull me back in". Just when I think he'll be a consistent shooter, he'll have a bad month.

He might finally have 1 good full season in his career, but I don't think he'll ever be consistent.

He's good enough though to be a part of the team, it's not like he's bad enough to be benched.

I guess he's like Marvin Williams or something. Just can't seem to be consistent.

You're close to my delusion. I don't pretend he missed the free-throw at a more critical time (OT) to make it a closer game. I pretend he made the free throws, went to OT, and just lost because the other team outscored us in general. I don't like to focus on how we lose, just did we win or not. The minutia gets me into the whatif mode and that's never helpful for moving on.

The more important the game, the harder it is to do. I mean, what if the Niners punt returner did not fumble TWICE in the 4th and OT in the NFC Championship game? Can we assume safe Smith would have turned it over otherwise? Could we assume the do-nothing-in-the-game Manning would have driven the field against that defense with 1-2 minutes or less? Maybe, but it's not likely. The Niners had the lead and a ball control offense that gave them the lead.

So that's harder for me to imagine it happened differently.... And reimagining Smith throwing the game away instead of the punt returner fumbling wouldn't help. It has to be the other team, can't be luck either.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're close to my delusion. I don't pretend he missed the free-throw at a more critical time (OT) to make it a closer game. I pretend he made the free throws, went to OT, and just lost because the other team outscored us in general. I don't like to focus on how we lose, just did we win or not. The minutia gets me into the whatif mode and that's never helpful for moving on.

The more important the game, the harder it is to do. I mean, what if the Niners punt returner did not fumble TWICE in the 4th and OT in the NFC Championship game? Can we assume safe Smith would have turned it over otherwise? Could we assume the do-nothing-in-the-game Manning would have driven the field against that defense with 1-2 minutes or less? Maybe, but it's not likely. The Niners had the lead and a ball control offense that gave them the lead.

So that's harder for me to imagine it happened differently.... And reimagining Smith throwing the game away instead of the punt returner fumbling wouldn't help. It has to be the other team, can't be luck either.

Thanks.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try to watched the condensed game from today later. :)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward bounces it off of Gobert's knee on the first possession.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gobert putback slam. Vicious slam.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gobert fakes, drives and gets the roll on the back of the rim.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyles open corner 3.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyles is 32/72 in his last FGs. 44.4%. I guess that's an improvement and showing some consistency?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingles to Withey pick and roll slam!

Love the big to big play.

"Jingling a pass".

Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph might do big to big plays via high post to a cutting low post player. But this was more unique because it involved a screen.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingles always has that look like he's out of breath.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad to give up a Wade alley oop to Whiteside after a Jazz made basket.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Johnson with a nice fastbreak block.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck? Gobert steals the ball by going over the top of his man. Usually steals come from underneath.

Then he passes it to the perimeter when he's in the post on the fast break. He gets the ball back, then dishes it to a cutting Johnson for the layup.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward starting to boil in the 3rd quarter.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat lead for about 70% of the first 2.5 quarters.

The Jazz were doing ok, though.

Then Hayward got some buckets and the Heat started turning it over a lot.

Nice win against a good team.

sakataters will deliver a lager to Hayward. Only a lager though. Imperial Stouts are for when he does this in a playoffs series, for an entire series.