• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official "Who is playing, who is not" college football rumor thread 2020

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it appears the B10 is set to announce the canceling of the season tomorrow, and the Pac 12 seems to be ready to do it as well, I thought this would be a good spot to put all the rumors from all the conferences.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like there may still be a glimmer of hope for the B10:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Theres going to be a real ugly war between players, coaches and the university administrations if they do cancel the season completely. I can only assume they realized that and decided to "look into it more" or whatever

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a feeling those cucks weren't expecting the blowback they got. They were expecting a bunch of fawning, much like we've seen here today from the B1G posters, but instead got a ton of pushback. May be having second thoughts. Maybe push the schedule to late September and take a few more weeks to decide.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA releases requirements schools and conferences must follow for fall sports

Postseason play can only take place if less than half of eligible teams in a particular sport cancel their season. If more than half of eligible teams cancel their seasons, there will be no championship for that sport in their respective division.

technically there is 130 eligible
MAC and UConn are already out if Big and Pac do drop numbers are pushing 40

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA releases requirements schools and conferences must follow for fall sports

Postseason play can only take place if less than half of eligible teams in a particular sport cancel their season. If more than half of eligible teams cancel their seasons, there will be no championship for that sport in their respective division.

technically there is 130 eligible
MAC and UConn are already out if Big and Pac do drop numbers are pushing 40

I'd expect the Sun Belt, CUSA and MWC to shut things down sooner than later. Same logic as the MAC. They arent going to make any money off of this season so might as well just not play and try to do damage control on losses.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is the biggest team in the B1G, that is pushing to cancel the season. Sounds like they are scared.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres going to be a real ugly war between players, coaches and the university administrations if they do cancel the season completely. I can only assume they realized that and decided to "look into it more" or whatever

I have a feeling those cucks weren't expecting the blowback they got. They were expecting a bunch of fawning, much like we've seen here today from the B1G posters, but instead got a ton of pushback. May be having second thoughts. Maybe push the schedule to late September and take a few more weeks to decide.

They gonna change their minds already

I almost wonder if the presidents leaked those voting numbers, just to see what the public's reaction, other conferences, and boosters reaction would be, knowing they would vote again tonight?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost wonder if the presidents leaked those voting numbers, just to see what the public's reaction, other conferences, and boosters reaction would be, knowing they would vote again tonight?

Doubt it. A lot of university presidents are less than favorable towards sports (especially football) so those numbers arent really a shock at all.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd expect the Sun Belt, CUSA and MWC to shut things down sooner than later. Same logic as the MAC. They arent going to make any money off of this season so might as well just not play and try to do damage control on losses.

Yup! It's not worth the risk for these small conferences. If you can't generate ticket sales, and have to have more improved testing/protocol, what's the point in playing? There doesn't seem to be a financial incentive for them to play.

The problem many schools will run into is that football often covered the expenses of most non revenue generating sports throughout the year. Do they just cancel all sports for the academic year?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This and the #WeWantToPlay movement just really took off in the last 24 hours or so. That's a double edged sword, but it really changes things.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup! It's not worth the risk for these small conferences. If you can't generate ticket sales, and have to have more improved testing/protocol, what's the point in playing? There doesn't seem to be a financial incentive for them to play.

The problem many schools will run into is that football often covered the expenses of most non revenue generating sports throughout the year. Do they just cancel all sports for the academic year?

If football indeed gets fully cancelled, its probably going to lead to the complete shutdown of certain sports at a good amount of schools. Not just for the year.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. A lot of university presidents are less than favorable towards sports (especially football) so those numbers arent really a shock at all.

It just seems so weird that the voting results and details were so easily leaked, and they've said NOTHING about them all day. On top of that, it appears that they are having another meeting tonight about it. If the vote meant anything, why meet again before announcing the cancelation?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cancel all fall sports. Run a limited number of sports in the spring with a mixture of fall and spring sports.

Would be my guess as to what happens

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancel all fall sports. Run a limited number of sports in the spring with a mixture of fall and spring sports.

Would be my guess as to what happens

I don't think you can do that with Title IX. Plus, why would it be safe for some sports to play in the spring, but not safe for others?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can do that with Title IX. Plus, why would it be safe for some sports to play in the spring, but not safe for others?

As far as Title IX isn't it one female sport for every one male sport? Some sports have very little contact, Baseball, softball, tennis. Some sports bring in money Football and Basketball. I have to think that most schools will be looking for that money and allow them to play even with the risks.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Title IX isn't it one female sport for every one male sport? Some sports have very little contact, Baseball, softball, tennis. Some sports bring in money Football and Basketball. I have to think that most schools will be looking for that money and allow them to play even with the risks.
One female scholarship for every male. When football has 85 schollies you now know why some many more female sports.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the problem is that Football pays the VAST majority of an athletic department's expenses. Most sports bleed money, and football pays the bills.

Football has been college sports’ golden goose since the 1800s

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One female scholarship for every male. When football has 85 schollies you now know why some many more female sports.

Ah scholarship not sport. That makes a difference.

But still if a person was under scholarship this year before any of this, do you really think the school would pull that scholarship.