• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can be a debate that can go on forever imo. I loved Recchi and Big E was one of my all-time favorite Flyers behind Tim Kerr. Lindros has a higher p/pg than Recchi. Obviously Recchi had a much better career than Lindros, but Lindros was the main man, Recchi had Jagr, Stevens, Lemieux, and Coffey for a lengthy time period as well.

NHL All-Time Points Leaders
How crazy is it that Gretzky and Lemieux averaged almost 2 points a game[/QUOTE]
Very crazy. I'm not sure if any of these guys today will match that, maybe Sid?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dpn't know about that @DoobeeDoobeeDoo ? I loved Recchi as a Flyer and he was a great player, but come on, over Big E? Lindros single handedly dominated opponents. His ppg was up there among the tops as well. FLyers don't sniff the SCF in '97 w/o him.. And if he were playing in today's game, his career probably would still be continuing. The NHL changed a lot (head shots)since his career ended prematurely, for good reason.

Recchi had over 500 goals & 1,500 points in his career, which puts him in a very ELITE club, even among HOFers.[/QUOTE]
Like I said, I expect both to get in, but when you have 500+ goals & 1,500+ points, that makes you an extra special kind of HOFer IMO. I don't hold Lindros's injuries against him, but you do have to give props to a guy like Recchi who was able to play at such a high level for so long. IDK, this isn't a knock on Lindros, I think that he for sure deserved to be in the HOF, but I think Recchi deserves it more than anyone else that's eligible this year.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can argue rather easily that Lindros was consistently one of the three best players in the world between 1993 and 2000, behind only Lemieux and Jagr. That's not a terribly long period of time, but it is 7-8 years.

You also have to look at a very similar player like Cam Neely, who is in the Hall of Fame. Aside from a rather slight difference in goals, Lindros blows him away in all of the other statistical categories. I'm talking about assists, points, plus/minus and even penalty minutes.

Even after four terrible years to close out his career when he was a shell of his former self, still only 18 players all-time have put up more points per game. He should absolutely be in.
This^^^

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schedule is out.. nothing really stands out in my first look, didn't count back to backs or 3 in 4s though. no road trips longer than 4 games (2x). playing a few western teams around christmas, per usual. a 6 day break around christmas, normal. and a 6 day break in january which is a little odd.

big ones for me, 10/30 and 1/31 in Raleigh.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Sunday's GoT was the best episode to date. It was very Braveheart like last episode. Amazing show.

Couldn't agree more. Love that show, loved that episode. Only reason i'd say it wasn't THE best is because it kind of went how you would expect it to go, no big surprises as the show is known for.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. Love that show, loved that episode. Only reason i'd say it wasn't THE best is because it kind of went how you would expect it to go, no big surprises as the show is known for.
True and I was hoping Ramsey would have been taken out by Snow rather than the way it did.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and I was hoping Ramsey would have been taken out by Snow rather than the way it did.

Heh, i was wondering how they would do it. I thought that was a pretty good way to go. Sansa gets a little revenge.

Sucks that the season finale is this weekend, i wish this show was on every sunday forever haha.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schedule is out.. nothing really stands out in my first look, didn't count back to backs or 3 in 4s though. no road trips longer than 4 games (2x). playing a few western teams around christmas, per usual. a 6 day break around christmas, normal. and a 6 day break in january which is a little odd.

big ones for me, 10/30 and 1/31 in Raleigh.

6 day break in January was a result of the NHLPA requesting a 6 day break in the spring which was agreed to by the NHL to allow a 3v3 all star game.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, i was wondering how they would do it. I thought that was a pretty good way to go. Sansa gets a little revenge.

Sucks that the season finale is this weekend, i wish this show was on every sunday forever haha.
This was a short season for whatever reason? I hate the fact we have to wait another year for the next season to come out.. I hate waiting. :gaah:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 day break in January was a result of the NHLPA requesting a 6 day break in the spring which was agreed to by the NHL to allow a 3v3 all star game.
That's an extra 6 days we have to rest before our long playoff run.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell have you all been flyers fans? Its been A while again. Pulling for team USA @awaz :hope:

Heck ya man. Got the pregame on now. Very excited, though it's quite an uphill climb tonight.

How ya been man?