• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be in the minority here, but I kind of like starting the season on the WC. Get it over early.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Lindros make the Hall this year?
I think so, he seems to really standout compared to the other players eligible this year. I would be shocked if he doesn't get inducted this year.

Hope they put Claude Lemieux in the HOF soon also, he also deserves it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have been in a long time ago. These fuck sticks need to vote him in. Do the right thing and stop holding grudges. It's criminal that he's not in.
He'll likely get in this year, wouldn't worry about it. He has the best case among all the players eligible this year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually put Mark Recchi into the HOF over Eric Lindros tho (although I think they'll both get in). I'll admit I have a bias for Recchi because he helped us win our first Cup, but I was more impressed by Mark Recchi than I was by anyone in this year's HOF eligible class. Lindros has the Hart Trophy from 1995 tho, that gives him an edge over everyone else this year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^forgot Jose Theodore won the Hart in 2002.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can argue rather easily that Lindros was consistently one of the three best players in the world between 1993 and 2000, behind only Lemieux and Jagr. That's not a terribly long period of time, but it is 7-8 years.

You also have to look at a very similar player like Cam Neely, who is in the Hall of Fame. Aside from a rather slight difference in goals, Lindros blows him away in all of the other statistical categories. I'm talking about assists, points, plus/minus and even penalty minutes.

Even after four terrible years to close out his career when he was a shell of his former self, still only 18 players all-time have put up more points per game. He should absolutely be in.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="DoobeeDoobeeDoo, post: 8540645, member: 5131"]I would actually put Mark Recchi into the HOF over Eric Lindros tho (although I think they'll both get in). I'll admit I have a bias for Recchi because he helped us win our first Cup, but I was more impressed by Mark Recchi than I was by anyone in this year's HOF eligible class. Lindros has the Hart Trophy from 1995 tho, that gives him an edge over everyone else this year.[/QUOTE]
I dpn't know about that @DoobeeDoobeeDoo ? I loved Recchi as a Flyer and he was a great player, but come on, over Big E? Lindros single handedly dominated opponents. His ppg was up there among the tops as well. FLyers don't sniff the SCF in '97 w/o him.. And if he were playing in today's game, his career probably would still be continuing. The NHL changed a lot (head shots)since his career ended prematurely, for good reason.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about 2 years at 6 million until Gauthier is ready to take that spot. In order for him to accept the short contract we pay a little more
No way Lucic takes that short of term. Teams will definitely be throwing 6 years deals at him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Lucic takes that short of term. Teams will definitely be throwing 6 years deals at him.

agreed, and i don't like him at that duration personally.

based on everything Hextall says, i'd be really surprised if they add anyone on more than a 2-3 year deal, which i like, and agree with.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so, he seems to really standout compared to the other players eligible this year. I would be shocked if he doesn't get inducted this year.

Hope they put Claude Lemieux in the HOF soon also, he also deserves it.
Not sure about Claude Lemieux getting in. If they had a HOF for playoff performers he would go straight in.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="DoobeeDoobeeDoo, post: 8540645, member: 5131"]I would actually put Mark Recchi into the HOF over Eric Lindros tho (although I think they'll both get in). I'll admit I have a bias for Recchi because he helped us win our first Cup, but I was more impressed by Mark Recchi than I was by anyone in this year's HOF eligible class. Lindros has the Hart Trophy from 1995 tho, that gives him an edge over everyone else this year.
I dpn't know about that @DoobeeDoobeeDoo ? I loved Recchi as a Flyer and he was a great player, but come on, over Big E? Lindros single handedly dominated opponents. His ppg was up there among the tops as well. FLyers don't sniff the SCF in '97 w/o him.. And if he were playing in today's game, his career probably would still be continuing. The NHL changed a lot (head shots)since his career ended prematurely, for good reason.[/QUOTE]

Recchi had over 500 goals & 1,500 points in his career, which puts him in a very ELITE club, even among HOFers.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dpn't know about that @DoobeeDoobeeDoo ? I loved Recchi as a Flyer and he was a great player, but come on, over Big E? Lindros single handedly dominated opponents. His ppg was up there among the tops as well. FLyers don't sniff the SCF in '97 w/o him.. And if he were playing in today's game, his career probably would still be continuing. The NHL changed a lot (head shots)since his career ended prematurely, for good reason.

Recchi had over 500 goals & 1,500 points in his career, which puts him in a very ELITE club, even among HOFers.[/QUOTE]
This can be a debate that can go on forever imo. I loved Recchi and Big E was one of my all-time favorite Flyers behind Tim Kerr. Lindros has a higher p/pg than Recchi. Obviously Recchi had a much better career than Lindros, but Lindros was the main man, Recchi had Jagr, Stevens, Lemieux, and Coffey for a lengthy time period as well.

NHL All-Time Points Leaders

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recchi had over 500 goals & 1,500 points in his career, which puts him in a very ELITE club, even among HOFers.
This can be a debate that can go on forever imo. I loved Recchi and Big E was one of my all-time favorite Flyers behind Tim Kerr. Lindros has a higher p/pg than Recchi. Obviously Recchi had a much better career than Lindros, but Lindros was the main man, Recchi had Jagr, Stevens, Lemieux, and Coffey for a lengthy time period as well.

NHL All-Time Points Leaders[/QUOTE]
How crazy is it that Gretzky and Lemieux averaged almost 2 points a game