• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2015!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, work might be sending me to Quebec during the Memorial Cup. And since Quebec is hosting, rimouski (morin) will be playing regardless of how the q final ends. Maybe I can catch a game, that'd be awesome!
Wear some Flyer apparel so he notices you.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gets traded and plays like an all star. Sounds like when he came to the Flyers. He is playing better because he is on a better team with better defensemen.
This is so true his first year he played for us he was a far better player than his last year with us.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Del Zotto was getting crucified in New York? Well he just had a great season with the Flyers. Meanwhile Sather traded a 1st and Duclair for Yandle, who...yikes.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Babcock coming in for an interview? I know he is heading overseas in the coming days.. Just wondering if the interview process has begun?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Del Zotto was getting crucified in New York? Well he just had a great season with the Flyers. Meanwhile Sather traded a 1st and Duclair for Yandle, who...yikes.

Ya that hasn't worked out well for them at all. Yandle has looked awful. Especially when hes out with Boyle.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Babcock coming in for an interview? I know he is heading overseas in the coming days.. Just wondering if the interview process has begun?

I didn't see anything today. I wonder if/when we'd hear about that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely understand where he's coming from with the Flyers being active, but I just don't see them being that active. Williams and Stoll would probably be at least 6 mil in cap space. Buyout of Lecavalier doesn't save any cap space, trading LSchenn (for presumably draft picks) doesn't get you the space you need.

I think they ride it out with some of these guys, see how they do in contract years (Grossmann, LSchenn) and just bite it with Vinny. Also, I highly doubt Voracek plays LW next year. I expect:

Raffl.Giroux.Voracek
Read.Couturier.BSchenn
White.Laughton.Simmonds
Umberger.PEB.Rinaldo
Cousins

Streit.Schultz
MDZ.LSchenn
Grossmann.Macdonald
Manning

Mase
XXX

to at least be where the Flyers start the season. Aka, very little change from last year. Though, I think if Babcock takes over behind the bench, Rinaldo will be scratched or sent down. I don't think Babcock has any use for Rinaldo.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely understand where he's coming from with the Flyers being active, but I just don't see them being that active. Williams and Stoll would probably be at least 6 mil in cap space. Buyout of Lecavalier doesn't save any cap space, trading LSchenn (for presumably draft picks) doesn't get you the space you need.

I think they ride it out with some of these guys, see how they do in contract years (Grossmann, LSchenn) and just bite it with Vinny. Also, I highly doubt Voracek plays LW next year. I expect:

Raffl.Giroux.Voracek
Read.Couturier.BSchenn
White.Laughton.Simmonds
Umberger.PEB.Rinaldo
Cousins

Streit.Schultz
MDZ.LSchenn
Grossmann.Macdonald
Manning

Mase
XXX

to at least be where the Flyers start the season. Aka, very little change from last year. Though, I think if Babcock takes over behind the bench, Rinaldo will be scratched or sent down. I don't think Babcock has any use for Rinaldo.

I think the forward group will probably be the same but I just think for the sake of it, something HAS to happen on defense - I can't see how they come in with the same exact defense - one of those young guys I think will beat them out and be able to play significant enough minutes to where he's of use - I think that's definitely what the Flyers are hoping for

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raffl.Giroux.Voracek
Read.Couturier.BSchenn
White.Laughton.Simmonds
Umberger.PEB.Rinaldo
Cousins

Streit.Schultz
MDZ.LSchenn
Grossmann.Macdonald
Manning

Mase
XXX

Raffl.Giroux.Voracek
Read.Couturier.BSchenn
White.Laughton.Simmonds
Umberger.PEB.Rinaldo
Cousins

Streit.Schultz
MDZ.LSchenn
Grossmann.Macdonald
Manning

Mase
XXX

I think for the most part this is true. Although it would be nice to have Williams on this team I would go no where near Stoll. He just got caught with an eight ball and crystal meth why would we t someone else's headache since we have plenty of our own

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for the most part this is true. Although it would be nice to have Williams on this team I would go no where near Stoll. He just got caught with an eight ball and crystal meth why would we t someone else's headache since we have plenty of our own

because he'll be cheap because of it. that's my guess anyway.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the forward group will probably be the same but I just think for the sake of it, something HAS to happen on defense - I can't see how they come in with the same exact defense - one of those young guys I think will beat them out and be able to play significant enough minutes to where he's of use - I think that's definitely what the Flyers are hoping for

Everything they say publically is that they're going to be as patient as possible with the young defensemen. I don't expect one of them will make the team. I think Sanheim will go back to juniors, and Morin/Ghost will play the year on the Phantoms. I think with Hextall at the reigns, most prospects will play their 2 post-draft years in juniors, then a year in the AHL. It just seems to be the vibe given off by management in the interviews lately. I also read somewhere, I think it was credible, that Hextall prefers to draft out of Canadian juniors. Whether or not that's true is anyone's guess.

And I agree with that philosophy. Makes it hard on the fans, waiting for these guys, but an extra year learning the CHL, then a year dominating it in the overage year, then a year learning the pro-game with the Phantoms, can't hurt them. Their confidence will be up and they won't have as much time in the NHL to prove their worth, prior to their ELC expiring. It keeps the 2nd contract a little lower and gives them the confidence needed to manage the NHL rigors.

It's not awful to wait until guys are 21-22 to start playing in the NHL, Flyers fans just aren't used to that I don't think. Every top prospect the Flyers had up until Laughton/Morin, was rushed right in to the NHL.