• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2015!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about backlash because of the popularity of the player

It's about making a stupid trade where your team is worse off - the team needs star talent and you're going to be worse off by making a move like this

It's the end of April and people have nothing better to do than to write shitty articles about shit that will never happen
Not that im condoning the trade of Gee I would like to know how you know our team would be "worse off" by trading Gee without knowing who we would get in return?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that im condoning the trade of Gee I would like to know how you know our team would be "worse off" by trading Gee without knowing who we would get in return?

Usually when you end up trading big time talent, it comes back to bite you in the ass

Look at what Boston did with Tyler Seguin - that's probably what would happen to the Flyers if they did that with G - the only difference is G is a little older in this situation

What the GM needs to do is be more competent than the previous one and get this team more depth to complement the star players - not trading the star players - that's the only way to get back on track

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually when you end up trading big time talent, it comes back to bite you in the ass

Look at what Boston did with Tyler Seguin - that's probably what would happen to the Flyers if they did that with G - the only difference is G is a little older in this situation

What the GM needs to do is be more competent than the previous one and get this team more depth to complement the star players - not trading the star players - that's the only way to get back on track

Honestly all he's gotta do is draft well and not sign mid level talent to ridiculous contracts. A mac, vinny, umberger, grossmann etc will all go away with time. Draft well, only resign key pieces and make very few trades in the next couple years and the flyers will be sitting pretty in '16 or '17. Just gotta be patient with it.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly all he's gotta do is draft well and not sign mid level talent to ridiculous contracts. A mac, vinny, umberger, grossmann etc will all go away with time. Draft well, only resign key pieces and make very few trades in the next couple years and the flyers will be sitting pretty in '16 or '17. Just gotta be patient with it.

Agreed

If you draft well you don't have to overpay to keep mediocre talent

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know enough about the NFL draft to really make any educated analysis, but I just want the Eagles to get Mariota. Just go balls out and hope he is the second coming of Christ under Kelly.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee had a goal and 2 assists in a 10-0 Canadian win over Germany

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add another post to this count

Chy I think we did pretty good in the draft.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add another post to this count

Chy I think we did pretty good in the draft.
We drafted the way I want Hexy to draft. Gurley was BPA at 10. After that we loaded on O Line with players the FO thought best fit the team. I cant complain about that.

I say Hexy takes the BPA at 7 whether he is a C, LW, RW or D. After that make sure we get LWs and Cs. You cant reach at 7 for need.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We drafted the way I want Hexy to draft. Gurley was BPA at 10. After that we loaded on O Line with players the FO thought best fit the team. I cant complain about that.

I say Hexy takes the BPA at 7 whether he is a C, LW, RW or D. After that make sure we get LWs and Cs. You cant reach at 7 for need.

Fortunately I think there will be a non-reach player at forward and defense at 7. It will come down to who the flyers brass likes the most. I have complete faith that they won't pick X over Y just because X plays a position of need. If they do so, it will be because they think he's a better player.

I just don't want Crouse. The flyers have enough big body guys. Read in Meltzer's comments today the perfect statement. 'they need players who can score and set up from 20 ft out, they have plenty of guys who can score from 5 ft out, the problem is getting the puck there'

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately I think there will be a non-reach player at forward and defense at 7. It will come down to who the flyers brass likes the most. I have complete faith that they won't pick X over Y just because X plays a position of need. If they do so, it will be because they think he's a better player.

I just don't want Crouse. The flyers have enough big body guys. Read in Meltzer's comments today the perfect statement. 'they need players who can score and set up from 20 ft out, they have plenty of guys who can score from 5 ft out, the problem is getting the puck there'
I feel we will wind up with Provorov at 7 and the grape vine is saying he will wind up the better player between him and Hanifan over the long haul.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we will wind up with Provorov at 7 and the grape vine is saying he will wind up the better player between him and Hanifan over the long haul.
If he is there at 7 I think he has to be the pick. LW at the TB pick and more Cs and LWs after. I said it before the Rams draft, BPA at 10 and O Line the next 3 rounds. For the Flyers, BPA at 7 and then Forwards.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously I'm no scout, but everytime I seemed to turn on a CHL game it was the Brandon Wheat Kings. So, in the 3 or 4 games that I saw, Provorov was good but didn't stand out to me as being a high 1st round draft pick. I actually thought their other draft eligible d-man, Ryan Pilon, was more impressive. Again, just based on a handful of games...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I'm no scout, but everytime I seemed to turn on a CHL game it was the Brandon Wheat Kings. So, in the 3 or 4 games that I saw, Provorov was good but didn't stand out to me as being a high 1st round draft pick. I actually thought their other draft eligible d-man, Ryan Pilon, was more impressive. Again, just based on a handful of games...
I definitely would never draft a defenseman named Pilon we have enough of those already

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, work might be sending me to Quebec during the Memorial Cup. And since Quebec is hosting, rimouski (morin) will be playing regardless of how the q final ends. Maybe I can catch a game, that'd be awesome!