• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, your response is priceless

wtf indeed. As in 'wtf are you talking about guns for?'

It's a fucking swords and sorcery story. It's based on the War of the Roses period of European history.

You know what else wasn't in GOT? Matter transmitters...

'Beam me up Cersei!'

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most (smart) people do get my humor on here (and in real life, but that’s a different story). And you are a smart dude, which is why I was surprised at your “project much” quip, though if you were indeed being mostly facetious, THAT ONE went right over my head (not sure how I should have seen it).

I don’t know, but if it were me and I saw someone on the internet with decent grammar and semi-coherent posts who, out of nowhere, starts posting shit about Winston fucking Churchill murdering people with lots of exclamation marks, that might set off some alarm bells. Maybe it’s just me.

And LOL at the numbering and ordering shit. Guilty as charged, I do love to rank and rate movies. It’s one of my hobbies. Full disclosure, I’m not on the spectrum though. I have gotten various psychological testing done, that has said I’m depressed, have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, GAD, etc., but never anything related to autism.

But I DO love to rate and quantify movies (and when I capitalize random words, I’m making fun of you ;) )

Have you read SportsHoopla much? There's TONS of apparently semi-coherent people who post stupid shit daily.

Now that wasn't specifically directed at you, just pointing out that parsing out tone on here can be a fool's task.

Neither of us is consistently serious OR consistently glib. So I get that shifts in tone can be hard to get sometimes.

And I don't randomly capitalize words. I'm just too lazy to put in the italics or bold code.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The “so what” referred to the decision to make an entire 2 hour movie that culminated in a rousing speech. I’m sure W’s decision to enter the Iraq War had huge ramifications, but it doesn’t necessarily make for a good movie. Just like a million other moments in history.

It’s not like I hated the movie, I gave it a positive review for fuck’s sake. I was just expecting a more compelling climax after the great buildup.

I haven't seen this movie. But I have seen movies like it about Churchill.. The Churchill speech is well known and completely epic. A great speech. But I already know the story and I'm not sure if I'll see this one,.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mile 22. Meh. 5/10

The Meg. Better than expected. 6.5/10

Thanks, MoviePass.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari: 2.5/5 stars. 1920 German silent film, considered one of the most influential movies of all time. I enjoyed it overall, and certainly enjoyed it for a 1920 silent movie, but I can't grade on a curve. There's no way this movie is as enjoyable as, say, Molly's Game (3.5/5 stars), even if it's way more innovative and influential.

An interesting read if you have time.

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari - Wikipedia

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Happytime Murders

Stupid as fuq.... And not in the funny way

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is getting horrible reviews. I have heard it called one of the worst movies in years.

it had a couple of funny moments but it was done horribly on just about every level.

should have been a slapstick comedy that adults can laugh at to mock our childhoods, but just failed at that terribly

I got moviepass (and now AMC AList) around early May and have seen 10-15 movies during that time. That was by far the worst.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mystic River: 2.5/5 stars. Awesome leadup; great tension building, but the end result was the dimmest of shadows compared to its parts. And the parts were great. Tim Robbins, in particular, gave a great performance. Kevin Bacon was good. Sean Penn is a great actor (one of my favorite actors of all time), but I did feel he was severely underutilized in this movie, though his performance was still good.

The last 30 minutes was so dull and unimportant compared to the first hour and a half. Mystic River tried to be an important and powerful movie; it had the right topic (pain and suffering in the post-9/11 world), right actors, and a legendary directory. But it fell apart in the final 30 minutes of the movie.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Happytime Murders

Stupid as fuq.... And not in the funny way

I watched it and laughed. It is what the trailer shows. I don't know what people were expecting.

Thanks, MoviePass.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it and laughed. It is what the trailer shows. I don't know what people were expecting.

Thanks, MoviePass.

It looked a lot funnier to me from the previews. To each their own though. You still rocking the moviepass after all the changes? I switched to the AMC A-List but both of the theaters close to me are AMC so it made more sense even for $20 per month instead of $10. I just couldn't get over not being able to pick the movie i wanted to see when i wanted to see it.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is getting horrible reviews. I have heard it called one of the worst movies in years.

I took the kid and we laughed our asses off. Dumb as can be movie with dumb as can be plot but the stupid funny stuff had us rolling.

But we went in having laughed at the trailer for over a week so we knew it was going to be a stupid stupid movie. The scene where the guy was making **** and what they were doing behind the curtains still makes me chuckle when I think about it. My god it was funny.