• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The John Stockton Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MHSL82, didn't you post streaks about Stockton's shooting? Such as he never had more than X many bad games in a row?

Can you bump that post? The robot can't remember where it was.

I've copied and pasted them to this thread, now. I can't push it to after this thread without re-posting them. I can do that later. I also copied and pasted my stats on assists and steals streaks.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo with an Iverson-esque (or Vince Carter, or Stockton too) layup. Those leaners, the aforementioned were good at them.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo with an Iverson-esque (or Vince Carter, or Stockton too) layup. Those leaners, the aforementioned were good at them.

speaking of Stockton, when he comes out, will you guys please draft his son?!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery got himself fired by not keeping Reggie Evans in the lineup. Look at the # of games that Reggie started under Johnson, then when Carlesimo started him. Johnson started Reggie briefly but went away from Reggie. Boom, he's fired.

The difference for the Nets has been a large part due to Reggie. Brook isn't a good rebounder nor defensive player, so starting Reggie who's a great rebounder and ok defensive player compliments the frontcourt well.

The Nets are 28-18 when Reggie starts, and 14-10 without.

(Ok those records are pretty close, in terms of %, but I think they're better).

As soon as Carlesimo took over, he started and kept Reggie in the lineup.

The PG hasn't been as much of a factor as Reggie Evans in determining the Nets success.

Nah, I'll stick with my original comment. You know me, I'm not going to be objective about a guy who made the front office turn against Sloan for just a chance at keeping that guy. Now, "made" is loose for gave them strong influence to do so. DW has a big ego and has regressed. He blames injuries, teammates, coaches, etc. So, I don't care for him to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a coach killer. Sloan's tough enough to duke it out, but it wasn't worth it for him, what does that tell you? I think it says something about DW and management. Stockton was better and didn't let it get to his head. DW was full of himself. On the court, he was fine, I just don't mesh well with his personality.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I'll stick with my original comment. You know me, I'm not going to be objective about a guy who made the front office turn against Sloan for just a chance at keeping that guy. Now, "made" is loose for gave them strong influence to do so. DW has a big ego and has regressed. He blames injuries, teammates, coaches, etc. So, I don't care for him to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a coach killer. Sloan's tough enough to duke it out, but it wasn't worth it for him, what does that tell you? I think it says something about DW and management. Stockton was better and didn't let it get to his head. DW was full of himself. On the court, he was fine, I just don't mesh well with his personality.

Sloan didn't want to coach anymore.

If he still wanted to coach, just not with the Jazz, he would have signed with another team by now.

It was as much as Sloan's own decision, IMO, that he was tired, for many reasons.

I also don't think the Jazz chose the PG, if they traded him at about the same time. If they had chosen him, they would have kept him through the trading deadline.

Sloan is 71 now, you don't see many coaches even at age 69 that are healthy enough, and with enough energy, to handle the travel.

It's probably easier for a similarly-aged Larry Brown, to handle a college schedule.

It's also no surprise the Nets lost by 2. Reggie came off the bench, and only played 19 minutes.

Utah Jazz at Brooklyn Nets Box Score, December 18, 2012 | Basketball-Reference.com

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Sloan would have stepped down even if he had different players on his roster. He would always take his time after every year anyways, and his decision was based on himself, not his players, not based on the team's record. It didn't matter if Stockton or Lopez or Rusty LaRue or Giricek was on his team, his decision was HIS. And age had something to do with it. He would still take his time after a successful year, just the same as after an average year, because coaching was more than about the players.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm rooting to get a guy whose name I don't even know, is look-up-able, and probably/possibly is not NBA-caliber.

Figured it out... John Stockton's Son Works Out With Utah Jazz

We worked him out! :) But we didn't get him. :(

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.D. (Reno)

I think the Jazz are going to make a big move in the off-season and go for a top-tier PG. Jeff Teague will be in SLC, and Al Jeff & P. Millsap will not be re-signed. Your thoughts?

Kevin Pelton
(2:35 PM)

I would not describe Jeff Teague as a top-tier PG.

Chris (SLC)

Can you give us a "top teir" PG the Jazz may target?

Kevin Pelton
(2:50 PM)

Other than moving up in the draft, I don't think the Jazz should be expecting a top-tier PG. And that's fine -- Utah doesn't necessarily need someone that good, just an upgrade on the guys they've had the last couple of seasons. Teague would be that as he develops, certainly.

Blasted! It's probably true, but I want my true point guard who can average 10 assists and 12 points! Not 6 assists and 20 points. Or 5 assists and 7 points. But that's overly optimistic and I don't know anyone out there in FA, trades, or the draft that we could get. Don't know if Rondo is still tradable, a fit here, etc. Vasquez obviously won't be traded, IMO. There's just no hope out there for a watered down Stockton (I didn't mention FG% or defense, that would be too picky-er).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if there was a shirt of him drinking beer with Stockton? ;)

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Stockton only drank diet Pepsi because its the right one baby, uh huh.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Stockton only drank diet Pepsi because its the right one baby, uh huh.

Posted somewhere before but just for completeness...

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're both robots because good things come in pairs, like John Stockton and Diet Pepsi; or Karl Malone, and Hardees fried chicken; or Jerry Sloan, and getting seven game suspensions for pushing Courtney Kirkland in the chest; or your kids and the secret nicknames you have for your kids (Skittles and M&M's; or Skittles and Reeses Pieces; or Skittles and Butterfinger BBs'; or Skittles and Cadbury Gems; or whatever secret nickname you gave your second embryo, can you share what it was? ;)).

We're both robots because good things come in pairs, and since you're a robot, you need a robot friend, so I'm your robot friend.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're both robots because good things come in pairs, like John Stockton and Diet Pepsi; or Karl Malone, and Hardees fried chicken; or Jerry Sloan, and getting seven game suspensions for pushing Courtney Kirkland in the chest; or your kids and the secret nicknames you have for your kids (Skittles and M&M's; or Skittles and Reeses Pieces; or Skittles and Butterfinger BBs'; or Skittles and Cadbury Gems; or whatever secret nickname you gave your second embryo, can you share what it was? ;)).

We're both robots because good things come in pairs, and since you're a robot, you need a robot friend, so I'm your robot friend.

If I didn't know about the commercials I would have thought the pairs were: John Stockton and Karl Malone; Hardees and Diet Pepsi, or Jerry Sloan and John Deere tractors. Or Courtney Kirkland and Kirkney Courtland.

No, I'm not a robot. I already paired up with my wife and my wife with my daughter and my daughter with me. But I will find you a robot friend, if you'd like.

Yes, I can share the secret nickname my wife and I gave my second embryo. She had the first, so the second is all mine!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't know about the commercials I would have thought the pairs were: John Stockton and Karl Malone; Hardees and Diet Pepsi, or Jerry Sloan and John Deere tractors. Or Courtney Kirkland and Kirkney Courtland.

No, I'm not a robot. I already paired up with my wife and my wife with my daughter and my daughter with me.

But I will find you a robot friend, if you'd like(add strikethrough).

Yes, I can share the secret nickname my wife and I gave my second embryo. She had the first, so the second is all mine!

Those are your human pairs. You are also part of a robot pair. You have different personas, all of which are a part of their own pairs.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The other Jazz pair was Jeff Hornacek and Getting Horny. Hornacek was in a Horny State when a certain body part was on fire:

-- his hands.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're both robots because good things come in pairs, like John Stockton and Diet Pepsi; or Karl Malone, and Hardees fried chicken; or Jerry Sloan, and getting seven game suspensions for pushing Courtney Kirkland in the chest;

Back when the incident happened, and I saw the headline, I didn't know that Kirkland was a male. So I was even more startled by the location of Sloan's contact on the referee's body.

Run-In With Referee Costs Sloan 7 Games - Los Angeles Times

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I wasn't warned.

But I can type it, regardless of its truth.

I wasn't warned of the ridiculous post!

Ok, now that that's out of the way, all women secretly want me to watch their breasts, whether or not they are attached to a thirsty baby or a baby who is not thirsty but there anyway. It's complicated because they have a natural drive to act like they don't want me looking but have to show it so I can see. Then, they have to act disgusted while unbuttoning their shirt.

Some women, I am happy to oblige, and I do. But these damn grandmothers, fatties, and obnoxious women get to me, especially around my wife. I'm trying to look like a loving husband and father. But when I tell them that, they just say I'm their daddy, which is disgusting and humanly impossible without legal adoption. I mean, they can be old enough to be my grandmother and I have to shield myself.

But, sometimes, it's good. But I wish they'd stop acting insulted or disgusted. So what if I drool? They asked for it. Even if they are fully clothed and are wearing a jacket.

I realize this has gotten a bit further than I wanted the joke to go. I'm not a pervert, said in the voice of Richard Nixon. :peace:

You know, this whole time, I thought lawyers were the most noblest of professions. People that don't discriminate according to one's body type. They just want to help anyone.

But now, I see that doctors are better. They will look at people of all body types, and all locations on one's body.

So, the new rankings are:

Doctors > good teachers > car salespersons > bad teachers > car insurance salespersons > jingle advertising writers > girl scout cookies sales girls > plumbers > late cable install technicians > auto body repair workers that keep finding things wrong with one's car > cooks that make deceptively fatty foods > drug test sample collectors that smile after collecting your sample > complaining neighbors > Earl Watson > the refs who called fouls in Michael Jordan's favor > the refs who ignored the fouls Dennis Rodman was committing > the refs who called fouls on Malone or Stockton > Courtney Kirkland > the Warriors who kept beating the Jazz in the 1st round > the Jazz fan who wore the license plate "Jazz Fan" (because he allegedly was a scalper, according to rumors on message boards) > lawyers such as MHSL82.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, this whole time, I thought lawyers were the most noblest of professions. People that don't discriminate according to one's body type. They just want to help anyone.

But now, I see that doctors are better. They will look at people of all body types, and all locations on one's body.

So, the new rankings are:

Doctors > good teachers > car salespersons > bad teachers > car insurance salespersons > jingle advertising writers > girl scout cookies sales girls > plumbers > late cable install technicians > auto body repair workers that keep finding things wrong with one's car > cooks that make deceptively fatty foods > drug test sample collectors that smile after collecting your sample > complaining neighbors > Earl Watson > the refs who called fouls in Michael Jordan's favor > the refs who ignored the fouls Dennis Rodman was committing > the refs who called fouls on Malone or Stockton > Courtney Kirkland > the Warriors who kept beating the Jazz in the 1st round > the Jazz fan who wore the license plate "Jazz Fan" (because he allegedly was a scalper, according to rumors on message boards) > lawyers such as MHSL82.

You don't understand. It's my compassion that tells me that these grandmothers, fatties, and obnoxious women should not want me to stare at them because they are people of which I should have such admiration and respect for. Fatties are happy to eat, so I admire that guiltless eating, but I feel bad for the guilt they feel after eating - this makes me all the more admiring. Grandmothers, well, they're older, so they must be better. If they were younger, they are sinners, but once their kids have kids, all bad stuff is gone and I should honor them because of their age. Now, older women who I have no idea whether they have grandchildren or younger women who are grandmothers due to looking young or having kids early who have kids early, I have to err on the side of respect - unless they're MILFs (limited window of opportunity - and unfortunately mostly troubled if they had kids at 14 and their kids had kids at 14, too). Obnoxious women, let's just say I am envious of their freedom to do what they want. I am crazy and annoying at times, but obnoxious? I wish! I wouldn't want these groups to think that I should be checking them out. I respect them too much.

Now, hotties, MILFs, and legal-aged models (those who are aged illegally are terrible - only a few models can be aged), I respect them so much that I feel that if I don't look I will be offending them, making them so uncomfortable that I'm not giving them the attention they are so used to.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that because you don't care about players that are good defenders, if they don't play for the Jazz?

It's mainly because I thought the Lakers did not give adequate compensation for Gasol. Now that his brother is playing well, it's better, but Jerry West still loves the Lakers. Yes, I know, Jerry West was no longer with the team.

I know this is blasphemy but I don't care about individual defense, in general. If Stockton weren't leading in steals, I'd care even less. I focus more on the team in total, but I don't mean team defense (like weak/strong side help), just accumulation of all layers on a team.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is blasphemy but I don't care about individual defense, in general. If Stockton weren't leading in steals, I'd care even less. I focus more on the team in total, but I don't mean team defense (like weak/strong side help), just accumulation of all layers on a team.

According to you, do "layers of a team" consist of team defense?

What are the layers, according to you?