• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The F'N Steelers

Bengals or Steelers

• Bengals by 7 or more

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Bengals by a little

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steelers by a little

• Steelers by 7 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that Burrow wouldn't be able to play without Chase has turned into a freezing cold take. He rung up 42 on a Carolina D that gave B-More trouble all day today and then he rung up 37 in Pittsburgh with all three of their defensive stars present and accounted for. I'm not worried about the picks - Watt is the only guy in this league (maybe his brother a few years ago?) that can make that interception.... You could even see it in Burrow's "WTF was that" body language. Other than that, the line kept him clean and he made good throws without much of a support from the running game. I hope they continue getting Irwin involved even after Chase comes back - He makes plays.

The D was shaky in the first half, but they did what they often do which is adjust and win the second half. The Bengals might have to win a shoot-out or two down the stretch, so hopefully they keep cranking on offense. But, I'm not going to complain about a 7 point win and 37 points in Pittsburgh.

Oh, and the rumors of Shooters demise were probably a bit premature. That 54 yard field goal on that field in that weather was ridiculous.
That kick was directly into the wind too. That would have been good from 65 if not for the wind.

Watt is a freak. The Steelers give up and average of 8+ points a game more when Watt is not in the game. Joe still had like 6 -7 balls tipped or batted down at the line, two throw aways and he threw for 61% completion in that wind without Chase opening things up for the other guys. Burrow is a boss. He fought for it. Burrow, Higgins and Perine had stellar games.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh.... And it turns out that having a punter that can actually punt does good things for your team. The Steelers had two 3 and outs deep in their own territory after good kicks. Who knew this was a thing?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh.... And it turns out that having a punter that can actually punt does good things for your team. The Steelers had two 3 and outs deep in their own territory after good kicks. Who knew this was a thing?
I love Kevin Huber. Weird h ow a punter can turn out to be one of your favorite players. Could be because he spent his whole career here, was a really good punter, went to college here, played high school ball here growing up. It is fun to see how town kids grow up and be a success in their own home town. Same goes for Hubbard. However, the time has come. Kevin has been struggling. He got the Bengals record for games played, there is no need to keep pushing his body beyond. Same with Clark Harris. Cal and Drew are the future, let it begin now with McPhearson.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with the steelers defense, IMO, comes down to an issue with our OL...They played well, but I've never seen an OL allow so many batted passes in my life...not just this game, either. Burrow is 6'4". He's not a short guy, but seems to have an inordinate amount of passes tipped at the line.

The OL simply does not engage when in Pass-Pro. They sit back and wait. Fine, but it leads to defenders having a clear view of Joe throwing the ball, and a better ability to get their hands up and tip passes. Of the, what, 7 INT's against the Steelers, only 3 may actually be Burrow's fault.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a win...not a great one. I figure maybe 2 more...TB? Browns?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those 2 should be the gimmes
I feel like we should beat Baltimore
if we get those, that's 9 wins
need 1 or maybe 2 wins vs either titans, pats,chiefs, bills to retain the wildcard

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think we can beat the Browns with Deshaun Watson? We haven't won in forever, and I trust us to beat KC before I do Cleveland.

Now, I am not saying we can't beat both teams, and I think any game is winnable if we play solid football. I do not like our chances against really good passing teams though with Awuzie out for the year. Young guys are really gonna have to step up and and Apple has to become a better player down the stretch.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the question mark infers that I have no idea. Dan said they should' be gimmes. Don't hate on 'nice guy' Jbuck!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the question mark infers that I have no idea. Dan said they should' be gimmes. Don't hate on 'nice guy' Jbuck!
I understand. I just quoted the first one of you that had that info in their comment. It wasn't necessarily directed at you but to both you and Dan. I could have done a better job of pointing that out. That's my bad.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all good bro! I agree browns won't be easy. if they go on the road and beat the titans my tune will change

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm counting on watson to get arrested on the way to the game for showing his dingaling to a cop. I think that's a pretty safe bet.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won 5 of last 6 against Pitt - safe to say - Them days are over. New Sherriff in town.