• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The F'N Steelers

Bengals or Steelers

• Bengals by 7 or more

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Bengals by a little

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steelers by a little

• Steelers by 7 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals by a little. we can pull this one out.

Who will get injured? my guess is Jonah Williams or L' Collins. the line has been lucky for the most part.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals by a little. we can pull this one out.

Who will get injured? my guess is Jonah Williams or L' Collins. the line has been lucky for the most part.
Honestly - would that be so bad?

I'm not a fan of Adeniji - but he's played well off the bench both at LT and RT when subbing in. But, the reality is - LT has been absolutely dreadful - Williams is one of the, if not THE, worst rated LT's in the NFL.

Collins has been better, but doesn't impress. I think his back has sapped him of his top end ability. The OL will continue to be a focus going forward into the coming years as they will need to, IMO, look for more answers at both spots. Maybe sign a LT and move Williams to RT for a year to see if he can adapt better? Not sure. He looks awful.

Good thing about this game - Offense should be worlds better than when these two teams first met - even without Chase. Defensively, I don't see Pickett having much luck. Bengals defense is good, and Pickett has looked like a rookie.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a game the Bengals should win. To me, it seems the only thing that would put it in jeopardy is if the Bengals turn it over a lot, like they did in the first game. Since that game, they've been very good at taking care of the ball. I realize that Pittsburgh can force some mistakes and Watt can change a game, so I don't think the Bengals will play a completely clean game. I can imagine them turning it over once or twice on the day. But that's a big difference from the first game, where we gave it to them 4 times.

On offense, Pittsburgh refuses to bet out of their own way. Unless they radically change their stripes or the Bengals have their worst day of the year, I can't imagine a big scoring day for Pittsburgh. Chris Boswell, the only kicker that really ever plays well at that Stadium after October, is hurt and won't play. I can see Pittsburgh missing a long field goal or two.

Bengals 20, Pittsburgh 14

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a game the Bengals should win. To me, it seems the only thing that would put it in jeopardy is if the Bengals turn it over a lot, like they did in the first game. Since that game, they've been very good at taking care of the ball. I realize that Pittsburgh can force some mistakes and Watt can change a game, so I don't think the Bengals will play a completely clean game. I can imagine them turning it over once or twice on the day. But that's a big difference from the first game, where we gave it to them 4 times.

On offense, Pittsburgh refuses to bet out of their own way. Unless they radically change their stripes or the Bengals have their worst day of the year, I can't imagine a big scoring day for Pittsburgh. Chris Boswell, the only kicker that really ever plays well at that Stadium after October, is hurt and won't play. I can see Pittsburgh missing a long field goal or two.

Bengals 20, Pittsburgh 14
I thought we gave it to them 5 times. 4 INT's and 1 Fumble. But yeah, I get what you are saying. We need to stay creative on offense with Chase not in there and we have to get two hats on Watt. May want to try and run t he ball a little more this time than we did last time.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we gave it to them 5 times. 4 INT's and 1 Fumble. But yeah, I get what you are saying. We need to stay creative on offense with Chase not in there and we have to get two hats on Watt. May want to try and run t he ball a little more this time than we did last time.
You're right. 5 turnovers. All by Burrow..... He's thrown 2 picks since that game. All 6 interceptions against AFC-N teams, btw and we lost all three games that he threw a pick in.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. 5 turnovers. All by Burrow..... He's thrown 2 picks since that game. All 6 interceptions against AFC-N teams, btw and we lost all three games that he threw a pick in.
So what you are saying, don't turn the ball over and we have a legit shot? haha

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the OL keeps pinning and pulling, and the run game keeps operating out of the shotgun to keep the defense honest - they'll be better than they have been, even without Chase.

Pitt was able to stymie them early for a multitude of reasons, but one of the big factors was the lack of offensive scheme - JJ Watt was sitting on plays. I think that was the game they pointed out 90% of the runs were under center, and 90% of the passes were in shotgun. If you are going to telegraph those kinds of things by not scheming properly - won't matter much who is playing, they are going to be in for a long, long day.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hendrickson is the one to get injured apparently, hopefully it stops there

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Steelers know Joe Burrow better than anyone else.

Bengals better figure that shit out or everyone will be copying them.

again, same story this week. The Bengals talent keeps them in game, the inability to be creative or adjust to strategy keeps the other team in the game.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Steelers know Joe Burrow better than anyone else.

Bengals better figure that shit out or everyone will be copying them.

again, same story this week. The Bengals talent keeps them in game, the inability to be creative or adjust to strategy keeps the other team in the game.
Not every team has a Watt, Fitzpatrick and Hayward. It’s more personnel than scheme that makes the Steelers look so good against him.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, who picked win by more than 7? you win the board this week.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32.2 vertical jump at the combine
apparently, Mixon has jumped 35 at some point in time, so apparently so.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that Burrow wouldn't be able to play without Chase has turned into a freezing cold take. He rung up 42 on a Carolina D that gave B-More trouble all day today and then he rung up 37 in Pittsburgh with all three of their defensive stars present and accounted for. I'm not worried about the picks - Watt is the only guy in this league (maybe his brother a few years ago?) that can make that interception.... You could even see it in Burrow's "WTF was that" body language. Other than that, the line kept him clean and he made good throws without much of a support from the running game. I hope they continue getting Irwin involved even after Chase comes back - He makes plays.

The D was shaky in the first half, but they did what they often do which is adjust and win the second half. The Bengals might have to win a shoot-out or two down the stretch, so hopefully they keep cranking on offense. But, I'm not going to complain about a 7 point win and 37 points in Pittsburgh.

Oh, and the rumors of Shooters demise were probably a bit premature. That 54 yard field goal on that field in that weather was ridiculous.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that Burrow wouldn't be able to play without Chase has turned into a freezing cold take. He rung up 42 on a Carolina D that gave B-More trouble all day today and then he rung up 37 in Pittsburgh with all three of their defensive stars present and accounted for. I'm not worried about the picks - Watt is the only guy in this league (maybe his brother a few years ago?) that can make that interception.... You could even see it in Burrow's "WTF was that" body language. Other than that, the line kept him clean and he made good throws without much of a support from the running game. I hope they continue getting Irwin involved even after Chase comes back - He makes plays.

The D was shaky in the first half, but they did what they often do which is adjust and win the second half. The Bengals might have to win a shoot-out or two down the stretch, so hopefully they keep cranking on offense. But, I'm not going to complain about a 7 point win and 37 points in Pittsburgh.

Oh, and the rumors of Shooters demise were probably a bit premature. That 54 yard field goal on that field in that weather was ridiculous.
about as good a game as we could have expected. the steelers aren't terrible, at least not when they play division games at home. but their QB situation will need fixing before they get back to the playoffs.