• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Colt vs Kirk comparison

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archie Manning had a career record of 35 wins and 104 losses.
He is in the Hall of Fame.
You can't use a record from a historically bad team to judge a QB.

Look up the records the Patriots had with Jim Plunkett. Miserable. Is he not a winner too?

I am not the poster trotting around the word "winner". I'm simply responding to those posts. The record is right there, he is not a winner. Neither was Plunkett in NE or Manning in New Orleans. NOBODY called Sonny a winner, they called him a great QB on a losing team. Not his fault, but if you lose you are not a winner. I did not make up the definition of winner.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not the poster trotting around the word "winner". I'm simply responding to those posts. The record is right there, he is not a winner. Neither was Plunkett in NE or Manning in New Orleans. NOBODY called Sonny a winner, they called him a great QB on a losing team. Not his fault, but if you lose you are not a winner. I did not make up the definition of winner.

I think it comes from someones internal competitive spirit, and the ability to handle adversity. Kirk throws a pick and his whole demeanor changes. It is like his head goes into his pads like a scared turtle.
Colt throws a pick and he is more determined to overcome. He will fight until the end.

These are the comparisons that seem noticeable when comparing the two.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes from someones internal competitive spirit, and the ability to handle adversity. Kirk throws a pick and his whole demeanor changes. It is like his head goes into his pads like a scared turtle.
Colt throws a pick and he is more determined to overcome. He will fight until the end.

These are the comparisons that seem noticeable when comparing the two.

Agreed, Kirk is a shattered man. But shrugging off a bad play does not make you a good QB. Rex did it after every interception.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Kirk is a shattered man. But shrugging off a bad play does not make you a good QB. Rex did it after every interception.

I agree mental toughness is a requirement.
The internal drive from a competitive winner also includes excelling under good circumstances. Not just forgetting the bad moments