• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: the Burrow-Head match

Who Dey?

• KC by 7 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regardless of how it turns out, this will forever be known as the BurrowHead match.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopeful that we win. People forget that there is a little of luck and tom foolery involved with the refs, they ultimately decide these close games. we are not miles ahead of KC and people will wonder what happened to the team that trounced buffalo. The refs haven't really been as reliable as of late, so I'm saying we squeak by and get a rematch with SF. NFL marketing would love the CIN vs SF revenge angle. course, the eagles could beat SF. we got 4 good teams to watch today.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st game fact:

top fan Dan beats jbuck to game thread. better call barr see if he can splain it to us. ok dan, it's a lot of responsibility tho

I got the who deys in a romp!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pessimistic about this one. I think the Bengals are the better, more complete team. I also think Mahomes is still the most dominant QB that you can put out there in a single game..... Even banged up. It's hard for me to believe that Mahomes would go 0-4 in a 2 season stretch against any team during his prime. If the game is close, I think the luck changes a bit and the Chiefs win.

Now, if the Bengals jump on them early and build a 2-score lead, I can see them removing any doubt and cruising to a win. I'm just not feeling it two weeks straight.

Hope it's just the Cincinnati fear in me....

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an irrational/unrelated/nonsensical/random thought about why the bengals win, and why the bengals lose today:

Win.
Just about every championship team has a moment where they are on the brink of losing, or blowing and at a critical point in a game/season. They have already had that. Lets be honest, if Hundley doesn't fumble, the bengals would have lost to the ravens. But they managed to find a way to avoid that. So that gives me hope for a win.

Lose.
For exactly one year now, every nfl pundit and talking head have been talking up the Bills like they are the second coming of the 07 Patriots. And now, for the past week, all of those same people have pivoted to the bengals, most predicting them to beat the Chiefs, even if Mahomes was 100%. So that makes me nervous for a loss.

Something else that makes me nervous, that hasn't come up recently, but the bengals special teams. Rookie Long snapper, rookie (or is it 2nd year?) punter/holder, and Money Mac has not had a very good season. My big worry today is that the season ends the way it started, with a miscue on special teams.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an irrational/unrelated/nonsensical/random thought about why the bengals win, and why the bengals lose today:

Win.
Just about every championship team has a moment where they are on the brink of losing, or blowing and at a critical point in a game/season. They have already had that. Lets be honest, if Hundley doesn't fumble, the bengals would have lost to the ravens. But they managed to find a way to avoid that. So that gives me hope for a win.

Lose.
For exactly one year now, every nfl pundit and talking head have been talking up the Bills like they are the second coming of the 07 Patriots. And now, for the past week, all of those same people have pivoted to the bengals, most predicting them to beat the Chiefs, even if Mahomes was 100%. So that makes me nervous for a loss.

Something else that makes me nervous, that hasn't come up recently, but the bengals special teams. Rookie Long snapper, rookie (or is it 2nd year?) punter/holder, and Money Mac has not had a very good season. My big worry today is that the season ends the way it started, with a miscue on special teams.
To me, this all seems completely rational. Both for the reasons you think we can win and those that we can lose.

I feel like an old man for saying it, but I could have done without the Burrowhead stuff and the Cincinnati Mayor being a complete and total jackass.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got the chiefs fans pissed off and fired up. probably not the best idea.

there's a chance that TE Kelce is not very healthy today. that's big, but you know us, if Mahomes gets injured and we should have an easy game all the sudden QB-Chiefs (no name) will give us hell.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs made a mess of the early game, I expect them to make sure this is a close game at the end

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, it was an incomplete pass, fortunately. same as chase last week.

at least they are consistent

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welp. we can't seem to protect the QB. this ain't buffalo, there is no bengal-bro love.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, we kinda needed an ass whippin to show us that this didn't just become easy.

seems like we can't do a damn thing right tonight.

next year though.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems to forget that the chiefs are good.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scientist fear the enormous mass of Burrow's balls on that play may have started a gravity well that could bring the moon out of orbit.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here we see the nfl changing the rules as the game goes on

KC gets 5 downs

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets push the guy after he's already out of bounds...

see ya next year, lol. that was a play worthy of the marvin lewis era.

it was close, but they played a better game. refs certainly wanted them to win as well, even when we did start playing well, some weird stuff, but that's what happens in close games.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Win.

Lose.

Special teams definitely played a huge role. People will talk about the Ossai penalty - But the punt return is really what gave them life. If they are pinned anywhere inside their 20, they probably can't get to field goal range with only 1 timeout and a gimpy Mahomes.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC vs Cincy is the new rivalry that will be must see TV for many moons to come.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams definitely played a huge role. People will talk about the Ossai penalty - But the punt return is really what gave them life. If they are pinned anywhere inside their 20, they probably can't get to field goal range with only 1 timeout and a gimpy Mahomes.
yea. we just didn't play well enough. I mean, mahomes was so numb from the cold (or maybe pain meds) that he dropped the ball, we shoulda scored, it shoulda been over basically after that. they exposed our weaknesses man.

Also, next year, we need to HOST playoff games in CINCINNATI
For the love of God, stop losing to Cleveland and backup QBs of random teams and get the number 1 seed.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea. we just didn't play well enough. I mean, mahomes was so numb from the cold (or maybe pain meds) that he dropped the ball, we shoulda scored, it shoulda been over basically after that. they exposed our weaknesses man.

Also, next year, we need to HOST playoff games in CINCINNATI
For the love of God, stop losing to Cleveland and backup QBs of random teams and get the number 1 seed.
Well, we always knew that week 1 loss to Pittsburgh would come back to bite us in the ass. Ultimately, had that game gone differently than last night's game is likely in Atlanta. Not sure that would have made the difference, but it couldn't hurt.