• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big Bang Theory

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great run, but just like friends, it's flogging a dead horse time on a show that should of ended a year or more ago. But that's Hollywood. Anything to make a buck.

All the main actors are sitting on piles of money they couldn't spend in multiple lifetimes. It's time to say goodnight.

Penny looks long in the tooth these days + that terrible soccer mom Peter Pan haircut.

Unlike friends though, I'm not sure I see a really good landing spot for many of these actors after BBT...

I mean Galecki as far as I know was on Rosanne, disappeared for 15 years and came back as David 2.0... Kaley Cuoco was on 8 Simple Rules, Ritter died, the show died, and 5-10 years later she re-surfaced as the same character in a different show... ETC...

Never mind Howard and Raj... I think they'd be the most screwed of them all because I have no clue what else they could do...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike friends though, I'm not sure I see a really good landing spot for many of these actors after BBT...

I mean Galecki as far as I know was on Rosanne, disappeared for 15 years and came back as David 2.0... Kaley Cuoco was on 8 Simple Rules, Ritter died, the show died, and 5-10 years later she re-surfaced as the same character in a different show... ETC...

Never mind Howard and Raj... I think they'd be the most screwed of them all because I have no clue what else they could do...

You obviously never got to see his dong hanging out off-Broadway like I did

The Little Dog Laughed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are adding a baby, bernadettes. They should add some young kid that comes to work at the university....

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are adding a baby, bernadettes. They should add some young kid that comes to work at the university....

They should have Mini-Me be the baby. :pound:

th?id=OIP.M1833b4441c8130c77260d7b151637f61o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

Last edited:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Bang Theory's future is looking uncertain

Sources are saying that Jim Parsons (Sheldon), Johnny Galecki (Leonard), Kaley Cuoco (Penny), Simon Helberg (Howard), Kunal Nayyar (Raj), Mayim Bialik (Amy) and Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) are all looking for pay rises, even though most of them had all secured the 'Friends money' back in 2014, getting one million an episode.

However, the contract negotiations are not impacting current production, with the stars all returning to work already for the tenth season. The uncertainty of the show's future has made things difficult for showrunner Steve Molaro though, who told THR;

"All we can do right now is focus on season 10 and go script by script, which is what we would be doing anyway. As far as I'm concerned, here in the writers' room, it's business usual: moving forward with the characters and letting them live their lives day by day and feeling out what happens with them.

"We don't really arc out stories too far, and we let things happen organically, and if things catch us by surprise — like Bernadette being pregnant or something like that — if it feels right, we go with it.

"It's more of that and if and when we know something that's actual information that can be helpful [regarding the contracts], we may do something differently, but until then, we're sticking to the game plan."

Asked how much notice he would need if it was the final season, Molaro said; "The more the better. If I had a couple of episodes of advance warning, I'm confident we could do something meaningful, but hopefully it won't come to that."

We'd say this was bad news, BUT, it's been almost ten seasons, it probably is about time they called it a day before things really started jumping the shark for Sheldon and the gang.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seinfeld turned down $5M an episode.

Reality TV sucks but it's easy to see why networks go with them over these big budget sitcoms.

The only reason a sitcom becomes a big budget sitcom, is because it's a huge success. Huge success equals big money for the network. Big money for the network equals big money for the cast.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was an idiotic decision on his part......... that is unheard of money for a 30 min. sitcom........ and if I remember right, the rest of the cast wanted to keep going with the show.......... no?

I believe they made 2 million an episode for the final season or possibly 2. After that is when they turned down the 5 million. And I believe they did it collectively. Seinfeld himself owned the rights and knew he could sell into syndication for hundreds of millions. JLD is the daughter of a multi billionaire, and never needed the 10's (100's?) of millions she made. Jason Alexander hated that he had effectively become George, he was like a Shakespearean actor who wanted to explore doing Broadway stuff. I think even Kramer was sick of being Kramer at that point.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMHO, they are being greedy. I don’t disagree that the show is doing well, and that they do deserve raises, they DO, just not the amount they want. 325,000 to 1 MIL? insane. I think $600,000 is a generous enough raise…….. and keep in mind, that 325,000 that is what they get PER episode!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the free market baby. For many this is their best chance to get the big score. Friends is a good example. How many of them of been near as successful as they were on Friends.

Very few.

Same with BB. This is their best shot.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they made 2 million an episode for the final season or possibly 2. After that is when they turned down the 5 million. And I believe they did it collectively. Seinfeld himself owned the rights and knew he could sell into syndication for hundreds of millions. JLD is the daughter of a multi billionaire, and never needed the 10's (100's?) of millions she made. Jason Alexander hated that he had effectively become George, he was like a Shakespearean actor who wanted to explore doing Broadway stuff. I think even Kramer was sick of being Kramer at that point.
Jason and Michael were definitely the ones hurt the most with typecasting. I think even though Jason had a few unsuccessful attempts at other shows, he ended up doing well on Broadway. As for Richards, that was funny because from what I recall, he got a starring role on his own show as soon as Seinfeld ended. They promoted him as a Kramer type character and when the audience found out that he wasn't, the audience left quickly and it was cancelled after a handful of episodes.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd say this was bad news, BUT, it's been almost ten seasons, it probably is about time they called it a day before things really started jumping the shark for Sheldon and the gang.

I think that it's definitely time. While it has the occasional funny episode, they are becoming fewer and farther between. If it wasn't as jump the shark territory before, the Bernadette and Howard having a baby storyline puts it there. Though I don't blame the actors for trying to milk every last dollar out of the show that they can since none of their other comedies come close to the ratings that it still gets and they thus, can use that as leverage.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it's definitely time. While it has the occasional funny episode, they are becoming fewer and farther between. If it wasn't as jump the shark territory before, the Bernadette and Howard having a baby storyline puts it there. Though I don't blame the actors for trying to milk every last dollar out of the show that they can since none of their other comedies come close to the ratings that it still gets and they thus, can use that as leverage.

true, if you can get it why not try and get it. Exactly the ratings I think are still through the roof so they would want to get paid for it

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given their performances this past season (with the exception of Parsons, he was great as always) they are getting paid way too much, especially Kaley.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given their performances this past season (with the exception of Parsons, he was great as always) they are getting paid way too much, especially Kaley.

She doesn't need to act... Just sit there and look hot

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The laugh tracks in that show are unbearable.

Not. Funny

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She doesn't need to act... Just sit there and look hot

I just binge watched season 8....her disastrous hair cut there even made that harder. She's not even the hottest chick in season 8 (Raj's gf FTW).

I know I'm a bit behind, but season 8 was ok. Some good one liners but a very meh season overall.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Big Bang Theory' Delays Production as Cast Still Without Contracts

'Big Bang Theory' Delays Production as Cast Still Without Contracts

The Big Bang Theory contract talks have officially delayed production on the CBS hit comedy.
Stars Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar have not yet reached a new deal with studio Warner Bros. Television, The Hollywood Reporter has learned, with the cast officially not returning to work on season eight.

"Due to ongoing contract negotiations, production on The Big Bang Theory -- which was originally scheduled to begin today -- has been postponed," WBTV said in a statement Wednesday. The first table read of the season was scheduled to take place today. It's unclear just how long production will be delayed as the cast and studio remain at an impasse on a new deal. The move comes as a surprise to the studio, which previously was not expecting there to be a work stoppage and the cast to arrive back at work Wednesday, with our without a contract.

Emmy winner Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco are negotiating together and seeking big salary increases. Sources told THR in September that the trio, who currently earn $325,000 per episode, are seeking up to $1 million per half-hour with a cut of the show's back-end. Helberg and Nayyar are negotiating together and are also seeking hefty raises. Co-stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch previously inked new deals with WBTV, with both securing big raises.

I never understood why they don't all stand together when negotiating the contract. I do not think any of them are any better than the other cast members. I think Raj and Howard are as funny as any of the others.