• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big Bang Theory

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First two or three seasons were fresh and pretty damn good as far as sitcoms go. Downhill from there.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't debate on how good it was or not in the past. I will say that I used to find it funny, then it was hit and miss, and now this last season was basically a complete pile of crap.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to have an episode where the chick who used to be hot and now is fat with a nasty short haircut tries to jump a shark on waterskis.

And gets eaten.

And the rest of the cast members jump in to save her and suffer the same fate.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought the show was that funny, but I could see why people liked it.

I think the premise was built around the immaturity of the characters. But now they're married and such, so it doesn't quite work anymore.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought the show was that funny, but I could see why people liked it.

I think the premise was built around the immaturity of the characters. But now they're married and such, so it doesn't quite work anymore.
You are kinder than me, I don't know how anyone finds it funny. It is pandering and mocking nerd culture. It does not celebrate it, it is everyone point your finger and laugh at nerd culture. Oh my God its a star trek reference, THIS IS SO RELATEABLE! That is what they go for when in actuality they substitute big words for simple sentences, make it like you can't understand them half the time to cover up for their obvious lack of writing ability. Shallow plots, premises, characters added in with a laugh track makes this just a big pile of crap.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mocking nerd culture. It does not celebrate it, it is everyone point your finger and laugh at nerd culture.

Understood, but wasn't that the point?

Btw, I'm really not interested in defending the show; just thought that was the concept.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood, but wasn't that the point?

Btw, I'm really not interested in defending the show; just thought that was the concept.
Probably so, but you wouldn't believe the amount of people that defend the show for it's "level of intelligence" and "I wouldn't understand the jokes because they are over my head" despite the jokes being lowest common denominator. I used to watch it on justintv and their was a chatroom while the video played, and that is the crap that would come out of 90% of these peoples mouths (or messages if you will).

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kinder than me, I don't know how anyone finds it funny. It is pandering and mocking nerd culture. It does not celebrate it, it is everyone point your finger and laugh at nerd culture. Oh my God its a star trek reference, THIS IS SO RELATEABLE! That is what they go for when in actuality they substitute big words for simple sentences, make it like you can't understand them half the time to cover up for their obvious lack of writing ability. Shallow plots, premises, characters added in with a laugh track makes this just a big pile of crap.

I used to joke that what from what I'd seen of it, Big Bang Theory is to nerds as blackface is to L.A. street gangs.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to joke that what from what I'd seen of it, Big Bang Theory is to nerds as blackface is to L.A. street gangs.
If it isn't then I don't know what the hell they are watching. It is spitting in the face of nerd culture as opposed to celebrating it.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the point of many of the characters, making something simple into something complicated..

I still find these funny as hell.

but the show hasn't been this funny in years.

Last edited:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like when Michael Scott left the Office.

Not sure if this is a knock on me or if you are saying that it sucked when he left. I stopped watching when he left so i don't know

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more and more I see the re-runs on tv the more I realize how in the older ones Penny has a push-up

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more and more I see the re-runs on tv the more I realize how in the older ones Penny has a push-up
I certainly think she is considerably thinner now than she was at times in the past. I assumed thats why she looked bustier in the older ones. Though hers are fake so I do not know whether weight change can alter hers so much. Interesting question, one I need to do more research on.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly think she is considerably thinner now than she was at times in the past. I assumed thats why she looked bustier in the older ones. Though hers are fake so I do not know whether weight change can alter hers so much. Interesting question, one I need to do more research on.

I just think in the earlier episodes they were pushing up her breasts when she would constantly wear those tank tops.. Not that I am complaining or anything..

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought that show was stupid. Most shows are, nowadays

I haven't watched a network show in years. I've seen bits of this show in passing and Silicon Valley kicks the absolute shit out of this show. After Seinfeld laugh tracks were done.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great run, but just like friends, it's flogging a dead horse time on a show that should of ended a year or more ago. But that's Hollywood. Anything to make a buck.

All the main actors are sitting on piles of money they couldn't spend in multiple lifetimes. It's time to say goodnight.

Penny looks long in the tooth these days + that terrible soccer mom Peter Pan haircut.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course weight changes will still alter them. The implants are additions, not replacements.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course weight changes will still alter them. The implants are additions, not replacements.
That makes sense, I just wasn't sure because I do not have first hand knowledge. Nor right hand or left hand knowledge either sadly. :(