• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big Bang Theory

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whyyyy?

That show is not funny.

Wrong.

First time I saw it I had the same opinion. You watch and get into it, it is actually very funny. I'm addicted to it now. Sheldon is annoying and hard to get used to, but the other characters make up it. Hilarious!

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'm a snob but in my opinion, it's cliche.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the show in re-runs on cable when nothing else is on it isn't bad to me but I would never go out of the way to watch it basically the same with everything else on ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to turn this into a debate of if the show is good or not, but 3 more years? The show has had a long run as it is. How many times can you keep telling the same cliched sex and nerd jokes over and over?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

First time I saw it I had the same opinion. You watch and get into it, it is actually very funny. I'm addicted to it now. Sheldon is annoying and hard to get used to, but the other characters make up it. Hilarious!

I felt that way as well about The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother as well. I gave them both a shot and have been watching both ever since.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've tried watching it a few times over the years

terrible writing. it's a wonder the actors do as well with it as they do.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its kinda funny and there are some episodes that got me rolling with laughter but its not something I would watch every time its on. Its an ok show not great but ok.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely a different type of comedy. I record the past episodes on TBS and hsually watch them when nothing is on. The show has really grown on me. They have a lot of jokes that are more intellectual, but still plenty of characters that are pretty damn funny.

Howard is probably my favorite character, him and his mother are hilarious.

Penny is also pretty funny and HAWT. :nod:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/big-bang-theory-delays-production-cast-still-without-160106455.html

'Big Bang Theory' Delays Production as Cast Still Without Contracts

The Big Bang Theory contract talks have officially delayed production on the CBS hit comedy.
Stars Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar have not yet reached a new deal with studio Warner Bros. Television, The Hollywood Reporter has learned, with the cast officially not returning to work on season eight.

"Due to ongoing contract negotiations, production on The Big Bang Theory -- which was originally scheduled to begin today -- has been postponed," WBTV said in a statement Wednesday. The first table read of the season was scheduled to take place today. It's unclear just how long production will be delayed as the cast and studio remain at an impasse on a new deal. The move comes as a surprise to the studio, which previously was not expecting there to be a work stoppage and the cast to arrive back at work Wednesday, with our without a contract.

Emmy winner Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco are negotiating together and seeking big salary increases. Sources told THR in September that the trio, who currently earn $325,000 per episode, are seeking up to $1 million per half-hour with a cut of the show's back-end. Helberg and Nayyar are negotiating together and are also seeking hefty raises. Co-stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch previously inked new deals with WBTV, with both securing big raises.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that this show is amazing and this cast clearly makes the show and they probably make decent money off the show but this is a little much to be asking for episode, no?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that this show is amazing and this cast clearly makes the show and they probably make decent money off the show but this is a little much to be asking for episode, no?

The Friends cast mad 1M each for the last season. I believe the same for Mad About You.

When a show gets as big as BBT, the cast pretty much writes their own checks.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Friends cast mad 1M each for the last season. I believe the same for Mad About You.

When a show gets as big as BBT, the cast pretty much writes their own checks.

This is very true. I had forgotten about the Friends cast.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seinfeld turned down $5M an episode.

Reality TV sucks but it's easy to see why networks go with them over these big budget sitcoms.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/big-bang-theory-delays-production-cast-still-without-160106455.html

'Big Bang Theory' Delays Production as Cast Still Without Contracts

The Big Bang Theory contract talks have officially delayed production on the CBS hit comedy.
Stars Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar have not yet reached a new deal with studio Warner Bros. Television, The Hollywood Reporter has learned, with the cast officially not returning to work on season eight.

"Due to ongoing contract negotiations, production on The Big Bang Theory -- which was originally scheduled to begin today -- has been postponed," WBTV said in a statement Wednesday. The first table read of the season was scheduled to take place today. It's unclear just how long production will be delayed as the cast and studio remain at an impasse on a new deal. The move comes as a surprise to the studio, which previously was not expecting there to be a work stoppage and the cast to arrive back at work Wednesday, with our without a contract.

Emmy winner Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco are negotiating together and seeking big salary increases. Sources told THR in September that the trio, who currently earn $325,000 per episode, are seeking up to $1 million per half-hour with a cut of the show's back-end. Helberg and Nayyar are negotiating together and are also seeking hefty raises. Co-stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch previously inked new deals with WBTV, with both securing big raises.

IMHO, they are being greedy. I don’t disagree that the show is doing well, and that they do deserve raises, they DO, just not the amount they want. 325,000 to 1 MIL? insane. I think $600,000 is a generous enough raise…….. and keep in mind, that 325,000 that is what they get PER episode!!!!!!!!!!!!