• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s been a whole lot of Philly talk with Buckets. Take it with a grain of salt though. People up here are fucking dumb like eagles nuts. I’ve heard LeBron, Durant, PG13, Ingram, Butler, Etc…. It’s comical

Butler would be great fit

He and Embiid would have a really sick time on the sidelines together.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U guys are getting hung up on this.

Was it Ham’s fault?

No.

But that doesn’t matter.

The Lakers can’t move forward with Ham because the players don’t listen to him. The only thing that really matters is that the lakers hire someone who LeBron respects. Someone not afraid to call him out when he is wrong.

That might possibly be JJ Redick.

Is it ideal?

No.

But I think it has a much better chance of working than running it back with Ham.

I said already that it was too late to try to keep Ham.

My complaint has been with how the FO has handled the situation.

By not addressing it, they allowed it to turn into a situation where they couldn't keep him even if they wanted to.

You can't build a culture or even have continuity of systems when you don't support your coach and replace him every 2 years.

There was a time when fans and players wanted Spo gone...Riley basically told everyone to stfu. Look at Spo now.

Not saying Ham could/would be as good as Spo...but you're not going to see how good a coach can be if you don't support him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some surprising candor by the ousted teams.

Heat making it clear that they are not keen on giving Buckets an extension this offseason.
The Clippers meekly saying that they hope that Harden and George come back.
The Sixers saying they are clearing house other than Embiid and Maxey.

You shouldn't read too much into these comments but they do give you the vibe that the Heat would trade Jimmy, that the Clippers expect at least one of Harden/George to leave and the Sixers most certainly do not want Harris back.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the bullshit of fans bitching about his rotations (and any player bitching that may have started but wasn't public yet) when they were driven by injuries and in a couple of instances (D-Lo and Reaves for example) when he sat guys because they were playing like shit.

There were games where Christie and Castleton were in when the game was still in doubt and Hayes played more minutes than expected as well.

Largely ignoring it is why it turned into what it did. If they do what the Heat did when the Spo complaints started, it shuts all that up and allows him to not look like a lame duck coach.

As I said earlier, if they still felt the need to get rid of him...fine. At least he's been given a fair shot.

As I've said before, Ham was not the problem, he wasn't the reason they only made the play in ans he wasn't the reason they blew 4 double digit leads. AD, for example, dominated the Nuggets for 3 quarters and then only took 2-3 shots in the 4th quarter of each of those games.

Unless you think that in the huddle between the 3rd and 4th quarters, Ham was saying, "Stop giving the ball to AD, that shits working too well", then it's not on Ham...it's on the players.

You don't think the coach is responsible to call plays for AD in the 4th quarter? He also has time outs (although he seems to forget they exist) to get the team to the sideline and reinforce those directions. He was a bystander far too often.

He wasn't the only problem, but he definitely was a problem (and the easiest one to correct).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What She Said GIF by The Free Mama

You can not blame Ham for the Lakers having multiple double digit leads against the Nuggets and then blowing it. That's all on the players.

Bullshit. Ham can call plays, make substitutions, CALL TIME OUTS TO BREAK MOMENTUM, etc.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s been a whole lot of Philly talk with Buckets. Take it with a grain of salt though. People up here are fucking dumb like eagles nuts. I’ve heard LeBron, Durant, PG13, Ingram, Butler, Etc…. It’s comical

There are fans like that everywhere. They missed a few though; clearly the players Philly needs are Harden and Simmons.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at all the dummies out there saying the pacers got robbed by the refs

Ain’t a fan that I know that doesn’t know the refs suck

And blaming Brunson for embellishing is even dumber. His defender played him like an NFL cornerback

Pacers failed to put Knicks away.

Knicks def are the much weaker team right now, don’t blame them cause the Pacers kept them in game.

And as far as the offensive foul on Turner, he didn’t give divenchezo enough time to adjust. Shaq said ‘ he was run over .

Thibs better come up with a better game plan for game 2 or this could end fast

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said already that it was too late to try to keep Ham.

My complaint has been with how the FO has handled the situation.

By not addressing it, they allowed it to turn into a situation where they couldn't keep him even if they wanted to.

You can't build a culture or even have continuity of systems when you don't support your coach and replace him every 2 years.

There was a time when fans and players wanted Spo gone...Riley basically told everyone to stfu. Look at Spo now.

Not saying Ham could/would be as good as Spo...but you're not going to see how good a coach can be if you don't support him.
It's time to just pull the Bill Russel and name LeBron player-coach.