• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you one of those saying the players stopped listening?

Assuming you watched the games, you likely saw that Lebron was dominating the ball late in those games? Did you not see him trying to burn clock before trying to drive to the basket/or shoot a 3 against the shot clock? When he wasn't doing that, he was passing to a teammate for them to shoot against the clock.

You want to claim the players stopped listening, but then claim he didn't call plays for AD. How would you know if he called plays for AD if the players weren't listening to him and wouldn't have run them?

Or do you think he told them to stop getting the ball to AD and that's when they decided to listen to him?

I'm saying that far too often they were playing 5 out (everyone on the perimeter) to clear out for Lebron.

The players definitely tuned him out after he lost the locker room, sure. I doubt they were outright ignoring play calls though.

Yes, Lebron does do that shit too often (killing the shot clock only to launch some flat-footed 3).

He's not telling them to ignore AD, he's just not correcting the issue when they go away from him too much.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I watched the Lakers that much but was he so terrible that despite the terrible work done by the GM the only team he ever lost to in the playoffs was Denver?

Only had a chance to lose to one team in the playoffs this year, losing much like they did last year.

They also blew too many leads and winnable games throughout the season despite mostly healthy Lebron/AD and they ended up in the play-in tournament instead of a higher seed.

Regardless of all that, he lost the locker room and was increasingly defensive, throwing his players under the bus. Something had to change and the coach is always first to go (and he earned that place on the chopping block). He was supposed to be a players' coach, inspiring players to run through proverbial walls for him. He lost that, wasn't a great Xs and Os guy to fall back on, and his in-game management was severely lacking. What reason did they have not to make a change at that point?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that far too often they were playing 5 out (everyone on the perimeter) to clear out for Lebron.

The players definitely tuned him out after he lost the locker room, sure. I doubt they were outright ignoring play calls though.

Yes, Lebron does do that shit too often (killing the shot clock only to launch some flat-footed 3).

He's not telling them to ignore AD, he's just not correcting the issue when they go away from him too much.

So again, if they weren't listening, then you don't know if he was calling plays for AD or not. A coach can draw up a great play, but ig the players don't execute or don't run it, that's on them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only had a chance to lose to one team in the playoffs this year, losing much like they did last year.

They also blew too many leads and winnable games throughout the season despite mostly healthy Lebron/AD and they ended up in the play-in tournament instead of a higher seed.

Regardless of all that, he lost the locker room and was increasingly defensive, throwing his players under the bus. Something had to change and the coach is always first to go (and he earned that place on the chopping block). He was supposed to be a players' coach, inspiring players to run through proverbial walls for him. He lost that, wasn't a great Xs and Os guy to fall back on, and his in-game management was severely lacking. What reason did they have not to make a change at that point?
all good points.......but thinking with Kuzma and KCP instead of Westbrook (or no one) maybe they'd have been better?

Maybe does not mean Ham should have stayed but what about the guy who let him go?