• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs Milwaukee Brewers (8/13-8/14)

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners,Astros, white sox next 3 for rangers

Cleveland, mariners, o's next 3 for the a's

They all have big league players and anyone can win on a given night. We just need to try and put our best foot forward. I pay no attention to how easy or hard we think the next games will be. We have seen how that has worked out in the past. Look how tough this series was.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all have big league players and anyone can win on a given night. We just need to try and put our best foot forward. I pay no attention to how easy or hard we think the next games will be. We have seen how that has worked out in the past. Look how tough this series was.

You're right! Try not to play down to the competition. But, if I get a choice of playing 3 teams who are a combined -27 in the loss column, while my competition is playing 3 teams with a +10, I'm taking the former and liking my chances. Again, the key is not to be complacent!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right! Try not to play down to the competition. But, if I get a choice of playing 3 teams who are a combined -27 in the loss column, while my competition is playing 3 teams with a +10, I'm taking the former and liking my chances. Again, the key is not to be complacent!

Not disagreeing with that but I don't know how many times I see stuff put out there and fans think it is a cakewalk. It may turn out that way but many times this year it has not. You look at the Mariners record and see they are below 500 but next thing you see is your facing Iwakuma and King Felix. I am just interested in the next game and hoping to increase our lead.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems Oakland is feeling a little pressure now. They're not playing the care free, pressure free baseball they've been able to play the last year and a half since the target is on their backs and they haven't been able to shake Texas.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems Oakland is feeling a little pressure now. They're not playing the care free, pressure free baseball they've been able to play the last year and a half since the target is on their backs and they haven't been able to shake Texas.

Exactly. Last year they were darlings and had nothing to lose. But I don't care who you are but when you get success then expectations increase and you're expected to win. That said I don't for one minute believe Oakland will fall off the rail but this season is different because there are expectations that they have to or should win. Let's also not forget that individually Oakland isn't that great. Statistically it's a mystery in how they have won the way they have but hey they work counts, draw walks and have gotten some timely hitting but frustrating opposing pitchers. Whatever that has been needed to fall into place since last July til now has fell right into place. At some point I think it's going to catch up to them a little bit and they won't seem as invincible as they were before.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, who cares...they just beat you in the World Series....

If you really want to go there.... The Rangers beat themselves in Game 6. That ball should have been caught by Cruz.

Sorry Sparky.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the veteran arm that has cleared waivers to potentially replace Ogando - I'd give Bedard a strong consideration.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yea, who cares...they just beat you in the World Series....

Just? Is your internet connection so bad you just got around to posting this?

First -- STL did not win the 2011WS ... TEX lost it. There is a difference.

Second -- It was a team loss not an individual player loss. There should never have been a Game 6 in that series if misplays in Game 3 had not happened.

Third -- My point was about the irrelevance of power rankings ... especially overall MLB power rankings. I could not care less about what is going on in the NL and its steeped in anachronism rules. I care squat about power rankings, who is in the running for CY, RoY, MVP ... or MoY.

I care about Standings ... both Division and League standings. I care about catching teams in the ALW with better records and teams in the AL with better records. I care about every single game on every single night and expect an AL Top 3 team to decisively win every time out.

I do not hate the opposition. I do not hate players either on other rosters or the TEX roster. The only thing I hate are off days ... and I don't even hate trolls who think they are cute bringing up 2011 as if the NL squad won something when they didn't. I pity them for the the minuscule life they must lead to have to look back two years for something to put down others for.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just? Is your internet connection so bad you just got around to posting this?

First -- STL did not win the 2011WS ... TEX lost it. There is a difference.

Second -- It was a team loss not an individual player loss. There should never have been a Game 6 in that series if misplays in Game 3 had not happened.

Third -- My point was about the irrelevance of power rankings ... especially overall MLB power rankings. I could not care less about what is going on in the NL and its steeped in anachronism rules. I care squat about power rankings, who is in the running for CY, RoY, MVP ... or MoY.

I care about Standings ... both Division and League standings. I care about catching teams in the ALW with better records and teams in the AL with better records. I care about every single game on every single night and expect an AL Top 3 team to decisively win every time out.

I do not hate the opposition. I do not hate players either on other rosters or the TEX roster. The only thing I hate are off days ... and I don't even hate trolls who think they are cute bringing up 2011 as if the NL squad won something when they didn't. I pity them for the the minuscule life they must lead to have to look back two years for something to put down others for.

:agree:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd take Haren before Bedard.

Hah ... and TEX took Blackley before Haren!

There needs to be a rule. Only select NL pitchers with a relatively recent history of success pitching in the AL in high leverage situations. For me that rules out Haren whose only AL value was 2010 and 2011 LAA seasons. Since then Haren's been uninspiring.

As for Bedard ... he's had pretty good success against SEA and LAA ... but not so much OAK. He might be helpful in Sep in those games ... but would be a good idea to keep him off the mound against OAK.

Neither Haren or Bedard would be marginal upgrades as #5 ... but I think Ross Wolf would be more effective ... and he costs nothing.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyway ... I'd hold off on acquiring Bedard until we see how he does against OAK tonight. If he does real well ... then might be good to snag him before his next start against TEX. If OAK gets to him tonight ... then would be best to beat him his next time out too ... and then decide if you want him.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes the "target" is on their backs. Last year the focus was on Texas and LA in the race. Everyone expected the A's to taper off and take their place in third or fourth place. It was not until we had that awful series against the Angels until most were saying "Uh Oh."