• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. LA Angels 8/5-8/7

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just Garza then, I have a feeling our success the rest of the way plays a role in our ability to re-sign Garza

Doubt he's going to want to sign with a team that we just got done sweeping twice

He knows what its like to be on a winner with the Rays, going to the Cubs showed him what its like to be on a loser, I bet he picks winner... as long as the money is there

Considering what JD ponied up to acquire him I'd be shocked if he doesn't make garza a very very competitive offer.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So just Garza then, I have a feeling our success the rest of the way plays a role in our ability to re-sign Garza

Doubt he's going to want to sign with a team that we just got done sweeping twice

He knows what its like to be on a winner with the Rays, going to the Cubs showed him what its like to be on a loser, I bet he picks winner... as long as the money is there

Sitting in the TEX dugout and watching the last few nights ... he saw into LAA's team soul ... and it was empty. The three wins at RBIA that he was also part of or witness to took their hearts away.

After seeing that ... and feeling the emotion behind you ... no way could you ever consider taking a job with that company.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the current lineup, just substitute E Beltre for Murphy and we may steal 10 bases some night.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the current lineup, just substitute E Beltre for Murphy and we may steal 10 bases some night.

I'm doubting they roll out Beltre, lefty, vs a left-handed pitcher

Butler might get some hacks tonight, who knows

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm doubting they roll out Beltre, lefty, vs a left-handed pitcher

Butler might get some hacks tonight, who knows

Wish it were tonight ... know the team needs the off day ... but I don't like off days.

To your point though ... might see Butler-Gentry-Martin OF with Baker DH. Means Profar (or whoever he plays for) sitting though.

I think your point previously about Moreland was a good one. Need him in the lineup against LHP. He can't DH if Baker is playing 1b. Would like Moreland at #5 and take it over permanently. Much more to gain for the long term with him #5 over AJ with Cruz on sabbatical.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was almost like the Rangers were pissed about something last night. Thought it was great when Martin took 2nd then 3rd right after getting hit. Same with Elvis.

Not sure what got into them, but loved seeing it. Should be able to run on Castro this next series too. Have I said how much I LOVE Martin in the leadoff spot? Dude is raking right now.

What is the story behind your new avatar?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish it were tonight ... know the team needs the off day ... but I don't like off days.

To your point though ... might see Butler-Gentry-Martin OF with Baker DH. Means Profar (or whoever he plays for) sitting though.

I think your point previously about Moreland was a good one. Need him in the lineup against LHP. He can't DH if Baker is playing 1b. Would like Moreland at #5 and take it over permanently. Much more to gain for the long term with him #5 over AJ with Cruz on sabbatical.

I keep forgetting its not tonight, grrrr

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that the 7-game win streak vs the Angels is a franchise record.

You know we could really, really understand the plight of the Angels if their season was full of injuries but it has not been like that at all. Well there was Weaver, but that was one pitcher and we had three on the DL (two not starting the season) long term and one on and off every few weeks in Ogando.

The Angels had their starting line up healthy until Pulhols a couple of weeks ago went on the DL. So they have not much of an excuse.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis' average up to .261

Hamilton's average dips to .217

mario-mendoza.jpg

Poor Mario. What a way to be remembered.

Interesting his career batting average was .215 which is above his namesake 'line.' His best year was BA of .245:

Mario Mendoza Stats, Video Highlights, Photos, Bio | MLB.com: Team

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know we could really, really understand the plight of the Angels if their season was full of injuries but it has not been like that at all. Well there was Weaver, but that was one pitcher and we had three on the DL (two not starting the season) long term and one on and off every few weeks in Ogando.

The Angels had their starting line up healthy until Pulhols a couple of weeks ago went on the DL. So they have not much of an excuse.

Hanson and Vargas have also been on the DL, so they've had injuries to the starting rotation as well (along with several in the bullpen)

And Peter Bourjos has also been hurt this year

Its mostly ineffectiveness but injuries have bit them as well

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many in a row is this against the Angels? :yahoo:

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found out from a "source" on why the Rangers bats came alive in the past 10 days. Seems Magadan took on an assitant from the Yankees organization to come in and help:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTwE7xDZkPk]Seinfeld George teaches the Yankees how to play - YouTube[/ame]