• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs Kansas City Royals 9/20-9/22

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not have any business being in the playoffs but if somehow we nut up and sneak in and have an epic playoff run then whatever we did up to this point will mean zilch.
I admire your positive outlook! I don't share it as this team has no momentum at all to make an epic playoff run, but I will be thrilled to eat major crow if this happens!!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what makes me sad - the 2010 -2012 Rangers will go down with the late 60's Cubs, mid 80's Red Sox, mid 90's Indians, and late 90's Mariners as great teams that just didn't have enough to get it done. The 2014 Rangers will need to be new generation Ranger team...the current generation has grown old and tired..
Eh...that's a little much. Texas has the ability to rebuild on the go with their core. I know it sucks that they aren't living up to what they should have this year, but it's gonna be okay.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what makes me sad - the 2010 -2012 Rangers will go down with the late 60's Cubs, mid 80's Red Sox, mid 90's Indians, and late 90's Mariners as great teams that just didn't have enough to get it done. The 2014 Rangers will need to be new generation Ranger team...the current generation has grown old and tired..
Just don't know where we will get them for next year. We just about exhausted the ML-ready players in our AAA farm system. It has to be threw FA and trades.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...that's a little much. Texas has the ability to rebuild on the go with their core. I know it sucks that they aren't living up to what they should have this year, but it's gonna be okay.
This offseason will be critical, to rebuild this team so we don't go down the black hole these other teams fell into....I watched all these teams, great clubs that just missed the holy grail, but did not recognize the model was tired and did not smartly move to rebuild..

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason will be critical, to rebuild this team so we don't go down the black hole these other teams fell into....I watched all these teams, great clubs that just missed the holy grail, but did not recognize the model was tired and did not smartly move to rebuild..
Pretty sure they know that. They have a core. I wouldn't call it a full rebuild. Just need to add pieces. More plug and play.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they know that. They have a core. I wouldn't call it a full rebuild. Just need to add pieces. More plug and play.

1. Kinsler 2B
2. Andrus SS
4. Beltre 3B
8. Rios RF
9. Martin CF

We need a LF'er, DH, C & 1B. so how do we fill them? i think we use the QO on Cruz so that answers the DH/4th OF'er

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I've calmed down a bit now and got to thinking way back to our old offseason thread on ESPN.com when there was a bunch of speculation about what bats the Rangers would go after. I was most disappointed the day Swisher signed with the Indians because I thought he was the best fit for the Rangers. Switch hitter, can play corner outfield or first and DH on other days. I let it go back then but now am left wondering what 162 games with Swisher would have done for us vice what we have gotten from Berkman. Can't claim it would have been better for sure but certainly would have liked to see it.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Kinsler 2B
2. Andrus SS
4. Beltre 3B
8. Rios RF
9. Martin CF

We need a LF'er, DH, C & 1B. so how do we fill them? i think we use the QO on Cruz so that answers the DH/4th OF'er
Texas should go hard after McCann. If the Sox don't pony up for Napoli, then try and sign him to play 1B/DH. I trade Profar in the off season for a LF. Not sure who though, but they need one.

Hunter Pence might be an option to sigh as a OF though. I also expect Moreland to be on the team as a 1B platoon option and Gentry as well.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas should go hard after McCann. If the Sox don't pony up for Napoli, then try and sign him to play 1B/DH. I trade Profar in the off season for a LF. Not sure who though, but they need one.

Hunter Pence might be an option to sigh as a OF though. I also expect Moreland to be on the team as a 1B platoon option and Gentry as well.

i expect Gentry to be the 4th OF'er along with Cruz. i am totally off on Moreland, think he needs to traded in the off-season. agree about Napoli. offer him 2yearincentive-laden deal

trade options for the LF'er have to be Stanton or CarGo. FA option seems to Granderson because Pence has told SF he will give them a hometown discount to stay with them.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i expect Gentry to be the 4th OF'er along with Cruz. i am totally off on Moreland, think he needs to traded in the off-season. agree about Napoli. offer him 2yearincentive-laden deal

trade options for the LF'er have to be Stanton or CarGo. FA option seems to Granderson because Pence has told SF he will give them a hometown discount to stay with them.
Damn you Pence...your home town is HERE!

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree on Napoli although I think the Sox will pony up the cash for him especially if they make the WS this year which I think they are going to. McCann would be nice to have as well. I hope that Leo plays winter ball and that the Ranger organization insists that he learn to be disciplined hitter who hits balls to left as often as he does to right. I think he could be a true weapon as a leadoff man if he will drop his pipe dream of being a power pull hitter. I also like the notion of re-signing Cruz.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to resign Garza as well. Cannot fully rely on Harrison being ever at 100%. And Holland is not fully dependable either. Or go after another pitcher.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to resign Garza as well. Cannot fully rely on Harrison being ever at 100%. And Holland is not fully dependable either. Or go after another pitcher.
No you do not. You let him sign with Anaheim. Yes you can fully trust Harrison. Holland is fine as well. Texas isn't in need of pitching as much as they are offense. Their rotation is nearly set for next year without Garza.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you do not. You let him sign with Anaheim. Yes you can fully trust Harrison. Holland is fine as well. Texas isn't in need of pitching as much as they are offense. Their rotation is nearly set for next year without Garza.
I would only re-sign Garza if we can get him cheap...and that's probably not likely. We will need a 5th starter - Ogando would be fine if he could physically handle it, but I have my doubts...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would only re-sign Garza if we can get him cheap...and that's probably not likely. We will need a 5th starter - Ogando would be fine if he could physically handle it, but I have my doubts...
Not paying a dude 16 million a year to force Ogando/Feliz/Colby/Tepesch to the pen. Just not gonna do it.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not paying a dude 16 million a year to force Ogando/Feliz/Colby/Tepesch to the pen. Just not gonna do it.
No, $16 million is way too much. Honestly, I would still flinch at $ 10 million given his performance as a Ranger. But you know, I think he will have a better 2014.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry Rev didn't realize that you were a majority owner but none of them are worthy of a starting role on this team. fully expect Feliz and Ogando to be back in the pen, colby is finished and Tepesche needs tobe at AA

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry Rev didn't realize that you were a majority owner but none of them are worthy of a starting role on this team. fully expect Feliz and Ogando to be back in the pen, colby is finished and Tepesche needs tobe at AA
If they pay him 16 million they are stupid.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect pitching to be on the back burner. This season, I think, proves Wash not good at playing small ball. We need hitters to cover up his many sins. From all the talk, I expect Wash to fulfill his contract.