• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, but this is the sane umpire that fucked Harrison and the rangers in game three of the World Series.

Interesting, now I really don't like him

I mean seriously, a guy has a PG going on and you call THAT a ball?
:L

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

... and the thing is it wasn't a ball ... it was a strike. It clearly split the bottom of the zone. Both AJ and Yu each took a step toward the dugout in unison. The ump blew the call clear and simple ... and the players' reaction exposed him. That's why he tossed AJ after the next pitch to cover up his screwup. He's not like Jim Joyce who admits when he makes a mistake that ruins a PG ... this spineless spare just couldn't handle having AJ turn toward him. Wimp.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and that's the point AJ might have been debating.

This is the same ump who after the first pitch thrown behind Martin to open the game thought he needed to make his presence known and warn both benches. Ump thinks way to much of himself.

I've been watching this game for a long time, is it me and just a perspective thing, or are they truly getting out of hand...and I'm not just talking about Ranger games.

I didn't see the Martin deal.
I will admit that I don't like pitchers throwing near the head (behind the back is always suspicious)...but warnings that early? Not sure. They are supposed to be pretty strict when it comes to 'intentional head hunting'
But one pitch? No. Near his head? then I would be okay with the warnings

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe he was the home plate umpire earlier this year in a game where Martin made an incredible throw to nail somebody at the plate where the runner was obviously out. He seemed rather disinterested in having to make the obvious out call.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching this game for a long time, is it me and just a perspective thing, or are they truly getting out of hand...and I'm not just talking about Ranger games.

I didn't see the Martin deal.
I will admit that I don't like pitchers throwing near the head (behind the back is always suspicious)...but warnings that early? Not sure. They are supposed to be pretty strict when it comes to 'intentional head hunting'
But one pitch? No. Near his head? then I would be okay with the warnings

Umpires are very much getting out of hand. Two umpires have basically charged the mound on Verlander and Burnett when they made very minimal showings of displeasure with a call this year. It's ridiculous that they are held accountable in no way. As usual Selig turns a blind eye.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and the thing is it wasn't a ball ... it was a strike. It clearly split the bottom of the zone. Both AJ and Yu each took a step toward the dugout in unison. The ump blew the call clear and simple ... and the players' reaction exposed him. That's why he tossed AJ after the next pitch to cover up his screwup. He's not like Jim Joyce who admits when he makes a mistake that ruins a PG ... this spineless spare just couldn't handle having AJ turn toward him. Wimp.

totally agreed, I've watched that pitch a few times now....no question.

and agree with all the rest as well,
good post

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umpires are very much getting out of hand. Two umpires have basically charged the mound on Verlander and Burnett when they made very minimal showings of displeasure with a call this year. It's ridiculous that they are held accountable in no way. As usual Selig turns a blind eye.

okay, I didn't really think it was me, but just checking...thanks

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, I didn't really think it was me, but just checking...thanks

It just sucks because there's really nothing that we as fans can do to contend with the mafia that is bud Selig's MLB.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he was the home plate umpire earlier this year in a game where Martin made an incredible throw to nail somebody at the plate where the runner was obviously out. He seemed rather disinterested in having to make the obvious out call.

do you know his name?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just sucks because there's really nothing that we as fans can do to contend with the mafia that is bud Selig's MLB.

I try not to get to wrapped up in it, because as you pointed out, nothing you can do.

I'm not fond of the MLB dragging this Bossh out until it was obviously going to affect some contenders. And whether people believe me or not, it isn't just about Cruz
Most will say, tough, they cheated, but this isn't quite the same as failing a test

Part of me thinks Selig handed down the suspensions late, on purpose. So now he can be the 'guy' that really tried to clean up the League,
yeah, whatever.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DBACKS trying real hard to blow the game in the top ninth

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually saw the ESPN crew take AJs and Yus side on that 2-2 call. Same on MLB network.
Yup. On Baseball Tonight they all said it definitely should've been a called strike, and what the ump did with AJ was stepping way out of line.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we close out this thread an observation on our offense. I know the team has been amazing the past two weeks, but should we be concerned we struggled against the Astros starters this series? Will it be a problem against upcoming opponents?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we close out this thread an observation on our offense. I know the team has been amazing the past two weeks, but should we be concerned we struggled against the Astros starters this series? Will it be a problem against upcoming opponents?

I would say a little concerned is warranted when the majority of runs are seemingly coming from subpar BPs,
someone would have to show the numbers for the last two weeks to see if there is indeed, something there.

Is it a future problem? Well, I guess we find out...:noidea:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually saw the ESPN crew take AJs and Yus side on that 2-2 call. Same on MLB network.

Ha, they just showed it on Morning Joe...all those hosts are Yankees/RSox fans.
They didn't say much, just kinda
"Huh"

But even the fact they showed it, is shocking.

Texas_Pete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both struggling Angels and Astros have been great for getting us W's in the last week, Our pitching has also been great, however the jury is not out in regards to our offense. Looks like the A's have emerged from their short lived slump, so we had better keep things going and start scoring early and constantly.