• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm ... maybe that's the reason Wash strangely started Gentry against a RHP last night?

Might see Baker at 1b or DH a bit too.

I dunno, with the way Mitch has been hitting lately, its hard to take him out of the lineup

He was actually hitting LHPs really well until he had a stretch of 1-19

At this point, other than Murphy playing so much, I agree with most of what he's done

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm just noticed besides rangers being 2-11 against Toronto and Cleveland. They are 63-39 against everyone else. So pretty much 600 ball vs everyone else

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, with the way Mitch has been hitting lately, its hard to take him out of the lineup

He was actually hitting LHPs really well until he had a stretch of 1-19

At this point, other than Murphy playing so much, I agree with most of what he's done

I think that Baker can start all three of the games against lefties without sitting Mitch, though it might not be bad to give him one day off. Definitely agree that the ability he was showing to hit lefties before he went on the DL was too encouraging to not give him more opportunity to do so. And with the emphasis that the team has recently shown towards running the bases, I definitely expect to see Gentry against all three of the lefty starters.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Baker can start all three of the games against lefties without sitting Mitch, though it might not be bad to give him one day off. Definitely agree that the ability he was showing to hit lefties before he went on the DL was too encouraging to not give him more opportunity to do so. And with the emphasis that the team has recently shown towards running the bases, I definitely expect to see Gentry against all three of the lefty starters.

True, Profar has shown his greatest weakness against LHPs, there are certainly options there, I'm good with whatever is decided, as long as Murphy is on the bench against the LHPs

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that what to do with Martin is a bit of dilemma. He has really given the team a jump start since consistently hitting leadoff recently, but his OBP v. LHP is only .257 (it is .345 against RHP). Personally, I think I favor keeping him at the top, at least for one game, though tomorrow night's starter is Bedard, who is probably the best of three lefties we'll face.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, Profar has shown his greatest weakness against LHPs, there are certainly options there, I'm good with whatever is decided, as long as Murphy is on the bench against the LHPs

I definitely expect Murph to get a couple of games off.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that what to do with Martin is a bit of dilemma. He has really given the team a jump start since consistently hitting leadoff recently, but his OBP v. LHP is only .257 (it is .345 against RHP). Personally, I think I favor keeping him at the top, at least for one game, though tomorrow night's starter is Bedard, who is probably the best of three lefties we'll face.

Well he has to adjust sometime in his career against Lefties so nows the time

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm just noticed besides rangers being 2-11 against Toronto and Cleveland. They are 63-39 against everyone else. So pretty much 600 ball vs everyone else

Thanks for that analysis. Says a lot. I really believe Cleveland and Toronto caught us at bad times. First time when our two rooks were struggling and second time when our bats were in a dump.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No!!! Don't touch nothin at the top of the order! Please!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has to adjust sometime in his career against Lefties so nows the time

I agree with that. I guess what I should have written is that whether continuing to bat him leadoff becomes a dilemma depends on whether he makes the adjustment to hitting lefties.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18-11 vs Boston, tampa, Detroit, Oakland

.611 not bad. Especially since we will most likely face the above teams in the playoffs if we make it. I am sure that is why you did the math above:)

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for that analysis. Says a lot. I really believe Cleveland and Toronto caught us at bad times. First time when our two rooks were struggling and second time when our bats were in a dump.
Really think you have something here. Cleveland and Toronto could not handle our pitching now the way they did then. If Ron elects to continue playing small ball as was the case against LAA, not sure if that would not have had an impact as well. Never know.:noidea:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really think you have something here. Cleveland and Toronto could not handle our pitching now the way they did then. If Ron had elected to play small ball as was the case against LAA, not sure if that would not have had an impact as well. Never know.:noidea:
OOPS, SORRY ABOUT DOUBLE POST

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-run of last nights game time now on FSSW.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of hope not. Rios really doesn't excite me that much and the Sox are going to ask for a ton
Too late, it was Texas. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

@Evan_P_Grant: MLB Sources: Rangers did claim Alex Rios. But claiming him and acquiring him 2 very different things.

Last edited by a moderator: