• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, get ready for the fact that if this offense scores 4 runs that's a good night. It's pretty much on pitching and defense now.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would say a little concerned is warranted when the majority of runs are seemingly coming from subpar BPs,
someone would have to show the numbers for the last two weeks to see if there is indeed, something there.

Is it a future problem? Well, I guess we find out...:noidea:

We were all excited with the high speed, high pressure, high stress offense that excitedly swept LAA ... that wasn't the offense we saw sweep HOU.

May have been the young quality HOU LHP ... and two very good catchers ... but the offense we saw the last couple of games in HOU has reverted back to the passive one waiting for the 3-run homer.

I want to see the Chinese bandit fire drill attack attack attack. I live in Arkansas ... I want to see "40 Minutes of Hell" style of play by the Rangers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mirNpK_Z3o]40 Minutes of Hell Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I was very impressed with a couple of Houston's young starters.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely. They're bad now but they're in the process of turning that corner and in a couple of years it won't be so easy beating them. I have a hard time making fun of any bad team especially since I know the history of me being a Rangers fan lol.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, get ready for the fact that if this offense scores 4 runs that's a good night. It's pretty much on pitching and defense now.

I'm good with that, really. Scoring 4 runs against MLB starting pitching is fine. It was those games where we lost 3-1, 2-1 or 1-0 that were painful. We had too many of those types of games in a long stretch. Do we hit the "concerned" button if we lose a couple of games like that in the next couple of weeks. No, not at all. Boston lost 3-0 their first game against the Astros. But came back producing the next two nights to win.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last post for me on this 'stros page. Agree 'stros have some talent and are scrappy but like halos BP suck why bederholz went deep. Early June went to O's game in MD got decent seats behind O's dugout. It was Union night & every fan around us was Union. Umps super friendly to the 20 Union reps of local Unions introduced before the game. Every O fan around us friendly to us knew we were from Texas by our accents. Got comments about Rangers "quality through and through, FO to roster", but all commented how Texas is a non-Union state or Right to work state & that makes us a Piece of Sh** state. I don't know anything about Unions good or bad but boy they were sure biased, and umps are big time Union like MLB players, just wondering about pos Krupa may have that same bias.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with that, really. Scoring 4 runs against MLB starting pitching is fine. It was those games where we lost 3-1, 2-1 or 1-0 that were painful. We had too many of those types of games in a long stretch. Do we hit the "concerned" button if we lose a couple of games like that in the next couple of weeks. No, not at all. Boston lost 3-0 their first game against the Astros. But came back producing the next two nights to win.

Just get ready for the fact that the games we do lose will often be of the 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, 4-2 variety.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last post for me on this 'stros page. Agree 'stros have some talent and are scrappy but like halos BP suck why bederholz went deep. Early June went to O's game in MD got decent seats behind O's dugout. It was Union night & every fan around us was Union. Umps super friendly to the 20 Union reps of local Unions introduced before the game. Every O fan around us friendly to us knew we were from Texas by our accents. Got comments about Rangers "quality through and through, FO to roster", but all commented how Texas is a non-Union state or Right to work state & that makes us a Piece of Sh** state. I don't know anything about Unions good or bad but boy they were sure biased, and umps are big time Union like MLB players, just wondering about pos Krupa may have that same bias.

Don't get me started on unions.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both struggling Angels and Astros have been great for getting us W's in the last week, Our pitching has also been great, however the jury is not out in regards to our offense. Looks like the A's have emerged from their short lived slump, so we had better keep things going and start scoring early and constantly.
All we need to worry about is winning. A's should not be a problem if we do our part and that is a real concern. In LAA series I saw a team that could not be stopped. In Houston I saw us winning by a single run and we had to have a near perfect game to do that. We were thrown out on the bases for reasons that are a question we need an answer to. Are the Astro catchers that good? Did their pitchers do a great job holding runners? Did we not get good jumps? We better find out answers to these and other questions soon or we will be waiting on the long ball again to pull us out or get the small ball game going again. Depending on pitching like what we saw from Yu won't happen often so whatever was wrong in Houston better get fixed pronto.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we need to worry about is winning. A's should not be a problem if we do our part and that is a real concern. In LAA series I saw a team that could not be stopped. In Houston I saw us winning by a single run and we had to have a near perfect game to do that. We were thrown out on the bases for reasons that are a question we need an answer to. Are the Astro catchers that good? Did their pitchers do a great job holding runners? Did we not get good jumps? We better find out answers to these and other questions soon or we will be waiting on the long ball again to pull us out or get the small ball game going again. Depending on pitching like what we saw from Yu won't happen often so whatever was wrong in Houston better get fixed pronto.

LOL, isn't complaining on HOW we WON a lot more comforting than complaining how we lost:)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were all excited with the high speed, high pressure, high stress offense that excitedly swept LAA ... that wasn't the offense we saw sweep HOU.

May have been the young quality HOU LHP ... and two very good catchers ... but the offense we saw the last couple of games in HOU has reverted back to the passive one waiting for the 3-run homer.

I want to see the Chinese bandit fire drill attack attack attack. I live in Arkansas ... I want to see "40 Minutes of Hell" style of play by the Rangers.

Let's do that...:hope:

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we make a run this offseason at this latest Cuban defector- Abreu (sp?) ?? Big bat , 1B, apparently pretty decent defense - may cost $60 m...at least?

My first thought is "absolutely"! But, we have Garza to sign, as well as Cotts, AJ, maybe Nathan, maybe Cruz. Do we have enough money to sign all these people??

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

^^^ exactly (would add Perez start on Sunday afternoon discounting the late runs)