• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Chicago White Sox 8/23-8/25

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been around much lately so I figured I would come back. Offensive woes aside, this team has been absolutely remarkable. Everyone remembers when 2010-2011. Those years, one thing in particular that I remember is how healthy our starting staff was. Hell, I think that in one of those seasons we actually finished with the same starting 5 that we started with. That never happens. Also, aside from a few spot starts to give guys a break, I don't think there were hardly any (if any at all) DL stints. We had the best luck in the world

This year, every single one of our guys has been hurt. A lot have been hurt, come back, and gotten hurt again. But we share the lead in the AL. Absolutely unbelievable. Trying to be optomistic and positive about this. The fact is, whenever we need an unexpected spot start our guys have really stepped up that game. We have a ton of depth. In the playoffs all you'll need is 4 guys. This team has the same formula SF had in its 2 WS runs. We can do this shit

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get to the WS, we're winning. There is no pitching staff in the NL(besides the dodgers) that can match the playoff experience our guys have (minus perez but we'll see if the kid steps up). Get by the teams with good pitching staffs like Detroit or TB and then take it home. LA looks unbeatable right now and Greinke is probably gonna win player of the month, but as much as I like him he has looked very shaky in the playoffs in the past. Ryu is fat. Then they don't even have a number 4 guy that is as good as perez.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been around much lately so I figured I would come back. Offensive woes aside, this team has been absolutely remarkable. Everyone remembers when 2010-2011. Those years, one thing in particular that I remember is how healthy our starting staff was. Hell, I think that in one of those seasons we actually finished with the same starting 5 that we started with. That never happens. Also, aside from a few spot starts to give guys a break, I don't think there were hardly any (if any at all) DL stints. We had the best luck in the world

This year, every single one of our guys has been hurt. A lot have been hurt, come back, and gotten hurt again. But we share the lead in the AL. Absolutely unbelievable. Trying to be optomistic and positive about this. The fact is, whenever we need an unexpected spot start our guys have really stepped up that game. We have a ton of depth. In the playoffs all you'll need is 4 guys. This team has the same formula SF had in its 2 WS runs. We can do this shit
Having a share of the AL lead at the moment seems crazy. This team has dropped so many winnable games that it's easy to lose track that other teams do as well. This team could have won 100 games this year, but that's no longer in the realm of probabilities. I just want them to hit that 93 or 94 game win mark.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a share of the AL lead at the moment seems crazy. This team has dropped so many winnable games that it's easy to lose track that other teams do as well. This team could have won 100 games this year, but that's no longer in the realm of probabilities. I just want them to hit that 93 or 94 game win mark.

I just want the AL West back and we'll go from there. Hopefully Chicago isn't too tough, but it feels like a trap game / series to me.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really pulling for Perez to have a good start tonight. He has strung together four really nice starts. Hope to see him extend it to five.

A Beltre, Baker, Kinsler, Rosales and Soto have all had some success against Sale in the past, so hopefully that continues as well. Would also love to see Gentry knock one out over the CF fence for the second consecutive game. LOL

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want the AL West back and we'll go from there. Hopefully Chicago isn't too tough, but it feels like a trap game / series to me.

Definitely can't take CWS lightly. Despite being out of contention, they have played well recently.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would it be a trap game/series? I don't even know what that means half the time people say it. I get if you're tied for the division and you are playing the team you are tied with the next day, or next series and you over look the one at hand. But they just had a day off and are starting a new series, then stay on the road to play the M's and Twins.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it be a trap game/series? I don't even know what that means half the time people say it. I get if you're tied for the division and you are playing the team you are tied with the next day, or next series and you over look the one at hand. But they just had a day off and are starting a new series, then stay on the road to play the M's and Twins.
Trap games make more sense to me in football and basketball than baseball.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I meant a series the team might overlook and not play to the best of their ability

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant a series the team might overlook and not play to the best of their ability
I think that's largely a projection of fans thoughts on to teams. It's easier to explain poor performance if you put that spin on it. While in my last post I said it makes more sense in football and basketball, it's still not that much sense.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I think it's more of an excuse than anything, I can understand it if you are playing what you think to be a lesser opponent and have a huge game with a lot of meaning, or a big rivalry game the next night, but that doesn't really apply here. If they lose tonight, it'll be more because Sale was on, not because they are getting pumped up to play the M's and Twins and lose focus on the team at hand.

That's just my personal understanding of trap game, it might mean something different to others.

Last edited by a moderator:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to see Neil Ramirez go, but this trade is great for us if we extend MG. I find him even more enjoyable to watch than darvish

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to see Neil Ramirez go, but this trade is great for us if we extend MG. I find him even more enjoyable to watch than darvish

I think our front office has a plan.... I doubt they would give up that much for a true rental.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our front office has a plan.... I doubt they would give up that much for a true rental.

Winning can only help in this cause. So lets keep on taking care of business.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosales will be the DH tonight. I will just go ahead and skip this game.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosales will be the DH tonight. I will just go ahead and skip this game.

Oh you know you'll tune in and watch that twitchy bastard in the box. (bastard not being used in a literal or insulting manner)