• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers Spring Training 2020

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure seems like after the first pick the Rangers decided to punt on first down.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tha company line.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in where Foscue was projected and where he was picked can be explained by a difference of opinion. The other differences can only be explained by being very cheap.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kip Fagg......

his name is about as feminine as our drafting.

good lord.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not looking good.

I like the astros draft better than ours. They got some decent pitching.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tha company line.

Can we PLEASE fire Kip Fagg into the sun?!?!?! How that guy still even has a job is unbelievable. And here he is saying he doesn’t care what the other analysts and scouts say about his picks because he knows better. YOU SHOULD CARE, YOU IMBECILE!!

Look at your draft record. Seriously. You have drafted fewer all-star players than ANY another MLB team during your tenure. Dead last. That’s you. The other GM’s, scouts, and analysts don’t always get it right, but at least they get it right sometimes.

Why can’t we get a scouting director in there who actually has an eye for talent? I realize that this year’s picks were made because Simpson and Davis are cheapskate crooks who are now apparently feeling extra strain on their already-tight pocketbooks. But 20 years worth of almost nothing but total whiffs in the draft should tell management that a major change is needed.

JD shouldn’t have to build all of his teams via trades and free agency. Would it hurt to draft at least a few decent players who actually become contributing parts of the big league roster one day?

I guess now if we whiff in the draft it will be at a cheaper cost than bums like John Mayberry, Jr. and Dillon Tate.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that nobody was going to draft Evan Carter, at least not in round 2 or 3. Kip Fagg says “we beat other teams to these guys”.

Well, that’s fine, Kip. Maybe you did find a hidden gem that nobody else knew about. But THAT’S THE PROBLEM. It’s not the kid you picked, it’s where you picked him!!! Let’s say that by some small miracle you’re right and Evan Carter turns into the next Mike Trout. What’s better, picking the next Mike Trout at pick #50, or picking a known high upside guy at #50 AND still getting the next Mike Trout at #86 or perhaps even at #144?!?

Drafting a complete unknown in round 2 is just awful value. The best case is that he works out and you ended up with a Major Leaguer in the 2nd round. Big deal. So did many other teams. But if you manage to pluck an unknown kid in round 5 while other teams are drafting poorly-rated prospects, THAT is where value comes in and you “win” drafts. You don’t roll the dice to that degree in round 1 or 2 in any sport. If he had ANY sort of track record of being a master at finding talent, I would be at least a little more ok with the pick. But we just drafted a kid that nobody else wanted because our failure of a scouting director says he knows better.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that nobody was going to draft Evan Carter, at least not in round 2 or 3. Kip Fagg says “we beat other teams to these guys”.

Well, that’s fine, Kip. Maybe you did find a hidden gem that nobody else knew about. But THAT’S THE PROBLEM. It’s not the kid you picked, it’s where you picked him!!! Let’s say that by some small miracle you’re right and Evan Carter turns into the next Mike Trout. What’s better, picking the next Mike Trout at pick #50, or picking a known high upside guy at #50 AND still getting the next Mike Trout at #86 or perhaps even at #144?!?

Drafting a complete unknown in round 2 is just awful value. The best case is that he works out and you ended up with a Major Leaguer in the 2nd round. Big deal. So did many other teams. But if you manage to pluck an unknown kid in round 5 while other teams are drafting poorly-rated prospects, THAT is where value comes in and you “win” drafts. You don’t roll the dice to that degree in round 1 or 2 in any sport. If he had ANY sort of track record of being a master at finding talent, I would be at least a little more ok with the pick. But we just drafted a kid that nobody else wanted because our failure of a scouting director says he knows better.
I would say we need better owners and a better GM, and then Kip would be out of a job as well.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say we need better owners and a better GM, and then Kip would be out of a job as well.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Not that the other analysts in media land know everything, but the Rangers draft is getting absolutely slammed across the web. CBS graded it as a D (the ONLY team to earn below a C). MLB.com called it “inexplicable”. They could be wrong, of course, but that’s not what you want to be hearing about your favorite team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree wholeheartedly.

Not that the other analysts in media land know everything, but the Rangers draft is getting absolutely slammed across the web. CBS graded it as a D (the ONLY team to earn below a C). MLB.com called it “inexplicable”. They could be wrong, of course, but that’s not what you want to be hearing about your favorite team.
Yeah, I cannot remember any team's draft being talked about half this badly, and then have the team actually being right in the long run. Even Evan Grant and Adam Morris couldn't spin it favorably and that says something.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the second round pick was really crazy unless there is a guy you know who will be there at 3 you have to overpay for but that did not play out .... yet they know this guy from Witten etc. No one in MLB knows him.

So big question is will they spend all their slot money. If they don’t then it is evident ownership has big cash flow problems. FWIW. Wonder how the fans money paid up front for tickets this year plays out if some fans can go to games

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the second round pick was really crazy unless there is a guy you know who will be there at 3 you have to overpay for but that did not play out .... yet they know this guy from Witten etc. No one in MLB knows him.

So big question is will they spend all their slot money. If they don’t then it is evident ownership has big cash flow problems. FWIW. Wonder how the fans money paid up front for tickets this year plays out if some fans can go to games
I think this could very well be an indication that we will go back into full scale rebuilding mode for the next year or two.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this could very well be an indication that we will go back into full scale rebuilding mode for the next year or two.

If you are right about selling Vets, then that might be the stronger indicator