• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need at least 3 or 4 much better bats than we had this year, even with better pitching.

We are simply not going to a World Series in 2023. It has never been about 2023 anyway. The owner does want to have a much better record next year, but even he doesn't think we will get to a WS in 2023.

Yeah Jung will need to step up at 3B
Need bats to produce at LF and CF since C is probably going to be a little less than average.

Hopefully Heim/Huff/Garver can rotate through DH/C and put up good production

I don’t think a World Series is in store for 2023 either but I think we should at least try to make the playoffs.
If we do trade I would prefer it to be for a guy with 3 plus years left.
If it’s 2 years only, I wouldn’t want to give up much.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need at least 3 or 4 much better bats than we had this year, even with better pitching.

We are simply not going to a World Series in 2023. It has never been about 2023 anyway. The owner does want to have a much better record next year, but even he doesn't think we will get to a WS in 2023.
Well yes I would like to see much better production batting wise out of DH LF and CF. Don’t think we will sign players to all those spots. We have to get better with the guys we have or move a guy from the farm to fill

Do think better pitching and better defense gives Us a shot at a playoff berth But that may be 4 players added. Not sure we do this

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no doubt our best years will probably be in 2024 and after, once all of our prospects are up and playing with each other.
We definitely have a loaded farm, best I’ve witnessed so far.
Would be nice to start a winning culture next year and make these guys earn their spot on the roster

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the press conference. Got all the feels about the fit Bochy is for the org.
He is ready to go work. Don’t think he will gut our cashes although nothing mentioned about bench coach

I'm hyped for the Bochy hire and CY's guidance of the organization, but I remember being really impressed with Banister's presser as well.

That's a big part of why I beg people not to listen to interviews, soundbites, etc.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bichy talked about getting back to fundamentals and being prepared for the moment and placing players in places for success. He wants to see and use the farm albeit he said alot of reps in ST

We have been a sloppy Illprepared team
I bet he makes our coaches prepare our team better

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I bet Bochy has a big say on who we sign FA. Wise

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Jung will need to step up at 3B
Need bats to produce at LF and CF since C is probably going to be a little less than average.

Hopefully Heim/Huff/Garver can rotate through DH/C and put up good production

I don’t think a World Series is in store for 2023 either but I think we should at least try to make the playoffs.
If we do trade I would prefer it to be for a guy with 3 plus years left.
If it’s 2 years only, I wouldn’t want to give up much.
I think we can be a Wild Card team in 2023 without trading any of our top 20 prospects. I also think we can go to a World Series quicker by holding onto those top 20 prospects for the next 12 months.

Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was something said about this in the press conference? Because I'm sure all teams already do this.
Indirectly yes he mentioned looking for pitching

To me I did not trust Woodys feel for talent in the rest of the league

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes I would like to see much better production batting wise out of DH LF and CF. Don’t think we will sign players to all those spots. We have to get better with the guys we have or move a guy from the farm to fill

Do think better pitching and better defense gives Us a shot at a playoff berth But that may be 4 players added. Not sure we do this
Yeah, we have to see how much better we can get internally. Then, later on, we should have the cash and prospects to go out and get the remainder.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big part of why I beg people not to listen to interviews, soundbites, etc.
But, "never ever quit" sounded like a great idea. Lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think those who are forgetting what Ezequiel Duran did in the AFL last year against elite talent and what he did for both Frisco and Round Rock this year, to only focus on his first 200 MLB at bats, are making a huge mistake. He was brought up prematurely because they were desperate due to Smith's injury. The kid is going to be a very good to great hitter in the league. I think we have some winning pieces in our system and he is definitely one of them.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the believability of the Rangers officials over the last 20 years ranges from Woodward to Daniels. Woodward would say anything. Daniels was always forthright in what he said. I guess we will find out where CY and Bochy fit in as far as believability goes.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think those who are forgetting what Ezequiel Duran did in the AFL last year against elite talent and what he did for both Frisco and Round Rock this year, to only focus on his first 200 MLB at bats, are making a huge mistake. He was brought up prematurely because they were desperate due to Smith's injury. The kid is going to be a very good to great hitter in the league. I think we have some winning pieces in our system and he is definitely one of them.
I just think he needs seasoning in the OF. He did not look as good defensively as Smith but had a better arm. That is why a one year contract is not out of the question for a LF.
I think Snith makes the club but as a UIF and OF

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Snith makes the club but as a UIF and OF
I think Smith has the most potential of anyone in our system who is currently ready to play in the big leagues in the OF. I fully expect to see both him and Duran starting in the OF together by July 1.