• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight is 11 years since Dutch tossed the greatest pitching performance in franchise history

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re looking at a potentially shitty sports year. Teams I hate winning it all.

my worst nightmare is Astros, Philadelphia eagles, and golden state warriors winning The championship In the same year. Ughhhh

GSW? Why?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW? Why?
Draemond green is trash. Yells at the ref all game while playing for a coastal team who gets all the calls anyway because they benefit from the NBA’s big market / coastal bias.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draemond green is trash. Yells at the ref all game while playing for a coastal team who gets all the calls anyway because they benefit from the NBA’s big market / coastal bias.
smh

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight is 11 years since Dutch tossed the greatest pitching performance in franchise history
But, it wan't good enough for him to start Game 7 for some reason. Ugghh.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re looking at a potentially shitty sports year. Teams I hate winning it all.

my worst nightmare is Astros, Philadelphia eagles, and golden state warriors winning The championship In the same year. Ughhhh
Don't see the Eagles winning the championship.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following along the Reddit game thread tonight... Astros fans are the most insufferable douchebags on the planet.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Rangers go after Andrew Benintendi.
He was about 22% better than average with the bat last year. Could play LF and hit in the 2 hole.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reactions: DTC

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoked about watching Bochy coach us back to relevance.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Building a team that can knock off the Astros should be the goal; not one that can simply win a wild card berth. A team full of adequate to good players is not nearly enough.

We have a lot of positions that need to be upgraded if we are going to meet that goal. We had better find some talent from within, because we cannot buy upgrades in free agency for very many more of those positions. We have to be very wise with how we spend that free agency money and spend it where the internal options are not good enough. I don't think it would be wise to spend it all in this offseason.

We need to hold onto our top 20 prospects until we find out if any of those guys don't belong on the team we are aiming to have. We had some guys step up this year. Let's see who steps up next year and who continues stepping up.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Building a team that can knock off the Astros should be the goal; not one that can simply win a wild card berth. A team full of adequate to good players is not nearly enough.

We have a lot of positions that need to be upgraded if we are going to meet that goal. We had better find some talent from within, because we cannot buy upgrades in free agency for very many more of those positions. We have to be very wise with how we spend that free agency money and spend it where the internal options are not good enough. I don't think it would be wise to spend it all in this offseason.

We need to hold onto our top 20 prospects until we find out if any of those guys don't belong on the team we are aiming to have. We had some guys step up this year. Let's see who steps up next year and who continues stepping up.
Maybe we can get to the WC without too much ill advised long term investment
As such I agree not thing to sign a LF unless only a one year deal. I am even good with only bridge pitching

We have to really see what our farm turns out to be

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree we should hang onto most of our top prospects.
May have to trade a few guys though just to clear room for the 40 man and extra additions.
Duran, Harris, Roby and Vanasco would be a nice trade package I would be ok parting ways with for a good pitcher.

I think Benintendi would be a nice addition to LF.
I would leave Lowe at 1B/DH and let others get their feet wet at the opposite position DH/1B.
Maybe let Huff catch and DH and 1B this year then go into a split with Heim in 2024 when Garver leaves. Then Foscue could hopefully go to 1B with Lowe moving to DH in 2024.

Zavala and Carter will have room in the OF imo even with the addition of Benintendi