• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can hopefully find value in some under the radar moves
Hope is one thing that is seemingly required in abundance for this team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the front office was required to work on 4 starting pitchers before addressing the offense; if the starting pitching and offense had to be fixed before addressing the bullpen, then maybe CY needs some more help in the front office. That way they can pursue more than one thing at a time.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MLBTR(here is a possibility)

The Yankees announced they’ve designated reliever Lucas Luetge for assignment. The move creates a 40-man roster spot for Tommy Kahnle, who has officially signed a two-year free agent deal.

It’s a relatively surprising decision, as Luetge is coming off a strong two-year run in the New York bullpen. The southpaw returned to the majors in 2021 for the first time in six years. Signed to a minor league deal over the 2020-21 offseason, he broke camp with the MLB club that season. Luetge held his bullpen spot all year and posted a 2.74 ERA over 72 1/3 innings. He struck out an above-average 25.9% of batters faced with a sterling 5% walk rate, holding left-handed hitters to a dreadful .196/.204/.315 line in the process.
The Braves picked him up for next to nothing. I guess CY intends on going with what we already have in the bullpen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year on this date we were on page 219 with our comments. We are 58 pages behind. We need to step it up.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope is one thing that is seemingly required in abundance for this team.
Hope is more than ok since nothing is a sure thing. We are light years better than last year. If we added a closer then i think we have a good chance to reach the playoffs. And who knows who we get next year and what prospects are ready.

It is ok to be realistic but you are sorely negative.
Nothing is complete of course and I doubt the FO considers as such

I am happy to see how ST goes and then we compete

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The consensus of MLB is an impressive off-season so far. I agree… surely the SportsHoopla Ranger faithful does as well
Right?

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The consensus of MLB is an impressive off-season so far. I agree… surely the SportsHoopla Ranger faithful does as well
Right?

HooRah

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you are sorely negative.
Can you give me specific areas where I am "sorely" negative and tell me what I said about that area where it shows I am that way? Not just negative, but "sorely" so.

I have guessed the win total for 2023 to be in the 85-90 win range and I guessed that range last week when a lot more guessed 80-85 wins in a poll on Twitter among Rangers fans.

You and I both wanted bullpen improvements. If I am more negative than you are currently about the bullpen, that could only be the case because I am more consistent. Since we both wanted significant improvement in that area, I would think we should both view the lack of doing so the same way. I am certainly not going to change how I feel about it just because CY didn't do anything about it.

Going back to the beginning of the offseason until now I have been more positive than several folks. I have mentioned some possible trade improvements when the possibility presented itself, but I have been much more willing to go into 2023 with the same offense we ended 2022 with, than others have, just based on their comments. I have always been fine with the grass on our side of the lineup fence, for now.

I was not negative at all about our rotation once we added Odorizzi, Perez and DeGrom.

The one area I know I am sorely negative about is the foolish chances they took with Rule 5. You pegged me dead on in that area.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope is more than ok since nothing is a sure thing.
What I have seen is that some folks completely discount hope when it comes to young players and prospects, but use an abundance of hope when it comes to veterans who have drawbacks, like recent down years, and health concerns. Unless the veteran is Martin Perez, I might add.

I am of great hope that Degrom can stay healthy and that Perez will show last year wasn't a fluke. I also have an abundance of hope that Otto can build on that very good 12 game stretch to end the year and that Duran and Smith can show their minor league performances were not flukes.

Have hope consistently.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you give me specific areas where I am "sorely" negative and tell me what I said about that area where it shows I am that way? Not just negative, but "sorely" so.

I have guessed the win total for 2023 to be in the 85-90 win range and I guessed that range last week when a lot more guessed 80-85 wins in a poll on Twitter among Rangers fans.

You and I both wanted bullpen improvements. If I am more negative than you are currently about the bullpen, that could only be the case because I am more consistent. Since we both wanted significant improvement in that area, I would think we should both view the lack of doing so the same way. I am certainly not going to change how I feel about it just because CY didn't do anything about it.

Going back to the beginning of the offseason until now I have been more positive than several folks. I have mentioned some possible trade improvements when the possibility presented itself, but I have been much more willing to go into 2023 with the same offense we ended 2022 with, than others have, just based on their comments. I have always been fine with the grass on our side of the lineup fence, for now.

I was not negative at all about our rotation once we added Odorizzi, Perez and DeGrom.

The one area I know I am sorely negative about is the foolish chances they took with Rule 5. You pegged me dead on in that area.
Ok you come across that they failed if we don’t get our bullpen piece. You and I are on the same page overall for LF. I do think Otto goes to the pen due to the surplus which I don’t think you like. Odorizzi may be in the pen as well due to surplus of starters. But I do think we need guys ready to step in due to the guys we got injury history. I hate losing Englert and would be glad to have kept him ahead of Howard.

Re Bullpen again I am trying to keep an open mind and think the pen will not be as hard pressed but one closer would be enough for now. Still wonder if we make a trade for a CF

I detected sarcasm in the hope comment
Also trying to keep open mind on Garver. Both of us would like a better catcher me more so defensively. If I am out of mine I apologize.
Do think the Rangers are doing their best to make an impact and do hope they finish the job

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would y’all feel about Trent Grisham for left field?

Personally, I would rather go with what we have than trade for Grisham to play CF. I would just sign Profar for LF instead of trading for Grisham either way.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder why folks are willing to have hopes when it comes to injury prone veterans and other veterans, but lack hope with young players. Like I said before, I am calling for consistent hope.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you come across that they failed if we don’t get our bullpen piece.
In that area, it would be a fail. If I didn't think that, I would have never asked for it to begin with.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would y’all feel about Trent Grisham for left field?

I am not in the anything-is-better-in-left-field-than-Josh-Smith camp. That is especially true for a guy putting up this in 2022:

Eli White could do better.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok you come across that they failed if we don’t get our bullpen piece. You and I are on the same page overall for LF. I do think Otto goes to the pen due to the surplus which I don’t think you like. Odorizzi may be in the pen as well due to surplus of starters. But I do think we need guys ready to step in due to the guys we got injury history. I hate losing Englert and would be glad to have kept him ahead of Howard.

Re Bullpen again I am trying to keep an open mind and think the pen will not be as hard pressed but one closer would be enough for now. Still wonder if we make a trade for a CF

Also trying to keep open mind on Garver. Both of us would like a better catcher me more so defensively. If I am out of mine I apologize.
Do think the Rangers are doing their best to make an impact and do hope they finish the job
Overall, I will say that I am never going to decide to like some decisions of the front office just because I like a lot of the other things they have done. I am always going to judge things individually.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder why folks are willing to have hopes when it comes to injury prone veterans and other veterans, but lack hope with young players. Like I said before, I am calling for consistent hope.
I don’t get this. We have had some good signings thus my original point. I am rooting for Josh but he has not proven to be the best option as of now. It comes across a bit biased as he is your obvious favorite.
I 100% get not trying to get Trent G and for me Profar is not much of an upgrade
So I would rather let LF play out internally for new and may e Josh or Duran breaks out

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of offseason left BTW

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00