• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get this. We have had some good signings thus my original point. I am rooting for Josh but he has not proven to be the best option as of now. It comes across a bit biased as he is your obvious favorite.
I 100% get not trying to get Trent G and for me Profar is not much of an upgrade
So I would rather let LF play out internally for new and may e Josh or Duran breaks out
Then you are who I have in mind, I guess. You have given up on Smith after his first 200 AB. To me that is you predetermining the he will never amount to enough to be a starter. That is just silly to me.

A guy who hits as well as Smith did in the minors deserves more than 200 AB to prove something at the big league level.

It is not just him though. I have seen the same sentiment toward Duran, Huff, Otto, and Dunning by some folks. Before them it was directed toward others.

The whole idea by some fans and some media members that guys like Peralta and Grisham would be better in LF, than what we have, is ridiculous. Bubba would be better than that. Even though I think Duran needs to get some more time at AAA I think he would be better than those two even without more AAA time.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you are who I have in mind, I guess. You have given up on Smith after his first 200 AB. To me that is you predetermining the he will never amount to enough to be a starter. That is just silly to me.

A guy who hits as well as Smith did in the minors deserves more than 200 AB to prove something at the big league level.

It is not just him though. I have seen the same sentiment toward Duran, Huff, Otto, and Dunning by some folks. Before them it was directed toward others.

The whole idea by some fans and some media members that guys like Peralta and Grisham would be better in LF, than what we have, is ridiculous. Bubba would be better than that. Even though I think Duran needs to get some more time at AAA I think he would be better than those two even without more AAA time.
Smith to me liked enamored to get a MLB homer but he lacks the strength and perhaps talent
I like Duran from a physical standpoint. Smith is superior defensively

You have to make choices who to start and there is a lot of competition Josh has not earned the start as of yet. But yes he is a better option to me than Profar or Grisham mainly because of gamesmanship. Maybe the strength will come or he may be more a more contact hitter and gets used to the high velocity in the majors

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Then you are who I have in mind, I guess.”

I have not given up but he is not my first choice as of now. I do not like Leody and Bubba both starting. One should be the 4th OF

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t really want Grisham or Peralta
I have seen us linked to both though. I was just curious what y’all thought about him

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want the closer. If we get Reynolds and the ask is reasonable i am good with that otherwise we roll internally for LF

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really want Grisham or Peralta
I have seen us linked to both though. I was just curious what y’all thought about him
I have seen a fan on Twitter suggesting Grisham and Evan suggested Peralta.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want the closer. If we get Reynolds and the ask is reasonable i am good with that otherwise we roll internally for LF
I have refrained so far from reminding Evan how sure he was last year that the Rangers would trade for Matt Chapman.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rangers do trade for a LF the St Louis Cardinals would be a good partner.
They’re loaded with outfielders.
Pretty much their entire pitching staff is slated to hit free agency after the year too.
They may be interested in someone like Dane Dunning..

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rangers do trade for a LF the St Louis Cardinals would be a good partner.
Pretty much their entire pitching staff is slated to hit free agency after the year too.
Make Howard part of any deal.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the thinking is, that Dunning is not good enough to start for a contending team, why would a contending team trade for him?

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the thinking is, that Dunning is not good enough to start for a contending team, why would a contending team trade for him?

That’s not the thought
The rangers have a surplus of pitching.
Dunning is more established than Otto and under control longer than Odorizzi.
They could use him as a 5th starter and work with him to get better going into 2024,25&26

Something like Dunning, Figuereo & Hauver for Tyler O’Neil

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want a starter I do think we trade to a non contender but unfortunately they will want to unload a guy close to free agency

Reynolds to me is one we could get if price is right. Think patience is needed

I bet we have declared some untouchables. Maybe we have one added shrewdly that we can cave to seal a deal. At this point the team appears to be accelerating their window opening

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rangers have a surplus of pitching.
They have a sirplus of pitching, when you include Dunning and Otto, because the Rangers didn't think Dunning and Otto were good enough to be in the rotation of a contender. That sentiment was shared by almost everyone on this board. That is why everyone wanted the Rangers to acquire several pitchers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the offseason started, I believe I was alone on here, in being satisfied with the following rotation to start 2023.

Free Agent
Perez
Gray
Otto
Dunning

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the offseason started, I believe I was alone on here, in being satisfied with the following rotation to start 2023.

Free Agent
Perez
Gray
Otto
Dunning

I would have been satisfied with
Degrom
Perez
Gray
Heaney
Dunning
Otto

Even if they never added Eovaldi or Odorizzi I would have been pretty content with the fore mentioned 6

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been satisfied with
Degrom
Perez
Gray
Heaney
Dunning
Otto

Even if they never added Eovaldi or Odorizzi I would have been pretty content with the fore mentioned 6
They had Odorizzi early on though, so don't you need a slot for him, moving Dunning to 6 in a 5 man rotation?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Free Agent
Perez
Gray
Otto
Dunning
A top pitcher would have been nice but what we got is better so I am not complaining. I thought we might get one more but we got a lot.

Dunning and Otto are both ok starters but ….

However I don’t think you were expecting f a playoff team for this coming year as likely

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the results thus far of the Lone Star Ball Rangers prospect list poll.

1 — Evan Carter

2 — Jack Leiter

3 — Owen White

4 — Luisangel Acuna

5 — Kumar Rocker

6 — Brock Porter

7 — Justin Foscue

8 — Dustin Harris

9 — Cole Winn

10 — Aaron Zavala

11 — Thomas Saggese

12 — Cole Ragans

13 — Anthony Gutierrez

14 — Yeison Morrobel

15 — T.K. Roby

16 — Mitch Bratt

17 — Sam Huff

18 — Ricky Vanasco

19 — Zak Kent

20 — Jonathan Ornelas

21 — Gleider Figuereo

22 — Emiliano Teodo

23 — Marc Church

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However I don’t think you were expecting f a playoff team for this coming year as likely
Well, that would have depended on if we got a top pitcher and Perez or not. I wouldn't have doubted us having a chance at a playoff with the rotation I listed above as long as the free agent was a good one. I did make that list after hearing that CY had contending as a goal. You have to remember, I thought Otto was going to be a good pitcher next year and that Dunning would be just behind him. You see, I was very optimistic.