• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We set out this offseason to improve our starting pitching," said Texas general manager Chris Young, who presented Heaney with a No. 44 Rangers jersey. "We feel like at this point, going into the end of 2022 and the beginning of 2023, that we have accomplished that by adding Jacob and obviously Andrew, Martín, Jake Odorizzi. We feel very good about where we are as an organization in addressing a big area of need, and we couldn't be more happy that Andrew has chosen to be a member of the Texas Rangers."
Sounds like they are done with starting pitching

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I never understood why folks thought they would pursue another starting pitcher.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we almost to the point where we can say if the Rangers sign anyone from this point forward that they will be looking for bargains? Or is that still a week or two away? In other words, is this lull the Rangers waiting out the market so they can save some on the rest of their acquisitions?

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we almost to the point where we can say if the Rangers sign anyone from this point forward that they will be looking for bargains? Or is that still a week or two away? In other words, is this lull the Rangers waiting out the market so they can save some on the rest of their acquisitions?

We are never at the point where we, the fans, can say anything one way or the other. We don't know who they have been in contact with and to what extent. For all we know the Rangers have been in touch with all the players and have made them reasonable offers.

Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as free agents I think yes but even until after Jan 1. But for the trade Market I have no idea this could easily ongoing

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are never at the point where we, the fans, can say anything one way or the other. We don't know who they have been in contact with and to what extent. For all we know the Rangers have been in touch with all the players and have made them reasonable offers.
Lol. I know we can never be for sure. I am just wondering when the signs are beginning to point in that direction. Is it now or later?

Besides what you just stated about them being in touch with them and making reasonable offers, and what I am wondering about could both be true. I mean they aren't mutually exclusive by any means.

If we could only discuss what we were sure of, then this board would be a very lonely place.

Your statement, "We are never at the point where we, the fans, can say anything one way or the other. We don't know.," could be said about the majority of the posts on this thread.

Last edited:

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I know we can never be for sure. I am just wondering when the signs are beginning to point in that direction. Is it now or later?

Besides what you just stated about them being in touch with them and making reasonable offers, and what I am wondering about could both be true. I mean they aren't mutually exclusive by any means.

If we could only discuss what we were sure of this board would be a very lonely place.

Your statement, "We are never at the point where we, the fans, can say anything one way or the other. We don't know.," could be said about the majority of the posts on this thread.

They probably have multiple fair/bargain offers out to a handful of guys. Not trying to over pay but get the best fit/deal

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as free agents I think yes but even until after Jan 1. But for the trade Market I have no idea this could easily ongoing
Yeah, mostly talking about the free agent market. And that doesn't mean they won't sign anyone after that time, whenever it is. The Jan 1 date might be the close to the division between the different tactics they could take in pursuing free agents.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably have multiple fair/bargain offers out to a handful of guys. Not trying to over pay but get the best fit/deal
Right. And if that doesn't work out, then shifting to waiting for a bargain could happen fairly soon.

All that being said, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they still tried something more bold over the next few days.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, mostly talking about the free agent market. And that doesn't mean they won't sign anyone after that time, whenever it is. The Jan 1 date might be the close to the division between the different tactics they could take in pursuing free agents.
Hey they have held onto their prospects overall. Surely that is a surprise to you right?

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Understanding the direction, the trajectory of the team, the organization, the way they viewed me as a pitcher -- they understood who I am, what I do, what I do well, but also understood what I want to do better and how they can help me do that. For me, that was a huge part of [choosing the Rangers]," Heaney said.

I would think that a former pitcher CY wooing a present pitcher would absolutely know his strengths, weaknesses and just how to use him going forward... :nod:

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we could only discuss what we were sure of, then this board would be a very lonely place.

Especially mine LOL.

Overall the market has cooled across the league and there are still names out there. I would like get a couple of relief arms signed ASAP but CY has earned my patience.

Still a lot of winter left.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with that.

Hey they have held onto their prospects overall. Surely that is a surprise to you right?
That's a big plus to how they've addressed improving the team.
Add a couple of solid relievers and this team looks (health permitting) primed to make a run at a wild card spot this year, with plenty of the top prospects coming up through AA and AAA.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Video of CY. Dunning mentioned as a starter but not Otto. Wonder if he is thinking of him as a reliever this year

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope the starters are good enough to get into the playoffs. I have little faith in Odorozzi. Hopefully some of our young pitchers step up.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To begin the offsrason i thought there was a path to be taken that would not require us to lose any top 20 prospects. So far we have taken that path, with the exception of Englert. I knew there was a lot of chatter rhar we would not take that path though.