• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Survivor

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, one of the tribes has multiple people who don’t belong in the game at all. Both Jess and Jeblinsky have no business being on the island, and they both are on the same tribe. This seems to be a trend the last few seasons.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I thought the 2 hours flew by. They did a pretty good job of assembling an odd mix of characters.

Sweat challenge : if you notice over half your bucket is gone after one trip, why not have two people carry one full bucket and plug all the holes? Or they could have held one bucket over the other while walking and preserved some of the water.

I liked the simplicity of the three card journey challenge. Great move to force the hand of Jelensky, who caved immediately.
His decision to curry favor with the two other tribes for later in the game would be a great choice, but you absolutely cannot tell your own tribe exactly what happened. You're basically saying I picked them over us. If he had come up with anything half decent about how he lost his vote, I think he could have skated by, especially with Jess struggling.

Maybe Jess has some Emily vibes going if she can recover from these early struggles?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, one of the tribes has multiple people who don’t belong in the game at all. Both Jess and Jeblinsky have no business being on the island, and they both are on the same tribe. This seems to be a trend the last few seasons.
One major takeaway from last night… trying to BS your way through this game ain’t gonna get you very far at all. It’s one thing for the game to hit you square in the face and you come to the realization that “this might be harder than I thought”… but a BS artist with little accountability gets exposed pretty damned fast.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again, it doesnt matter, the game doesnt start until the tribe swap...

pre tribe swap, all that we need to know is how soon the tribe swap will be.... and the weaker the weakest tribe is, the sooner the tribe swap is....

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nobody wants to throw a guess out after week 1. Ha ha.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I thought the 2 hours flew by. They did a pretty good job of assembling an odd mix of characters.

Sweat challenge : if you notice over half your bucket is gone after one trip, why not have two people carry one full bucket and plug all the holes? Or they could have held one bucket over the other while walking and preserved some of the water.

I liked the simplicity of the three card journey challenge. Great move to force the hand of Jelensky, who caved immediately.
His decision to curry favor with the two other tribes for later in the game would be a great choice, but you absolutely cannot tell your own tribe exactly what happened. You're basically saying I picked them over us. If he had come up with anything half decent about how he lost his vote, I think he could have skated by, especially with Jess struggling.

Maybe Jess has some Emily vibes going if she can recover from these early struggles?

The three card challenge. Was there any way Jablenski could have gotten the extra vote ??? Or was he doomed once he drew the skull ?? I mean im sure Jablenski is taking all kinds of heat on Survivor message boards , twitter , etc. What looked like two terrible decisions on his , I really didnt have a problem with either of them. Now telling his tribe what happened - thats a different story. Then in tribal saying WE quit the SWeat challenge. Television made it look like he quit and the other guy wanted to continue but Q ( may be his name ) never really said anything so maybe he quit too. Like i said , they werent filling those 2 tanks up. The 3 card game - he lost his vote but he chose to tell the truth to help the other 2 players. Since the extra vote has to be used whenever the others go to tribal, it shouldnt affect his tribe at all. Im just trying to see it from his side.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would have gotten the extra vote if the girl (no clue about names yet) picked him as the “vote”. Then the other two would have lost their vote and Jablansky would have gotten the extra vote. I am not certain, though, they really didn’t explain it very well.

The narrative the producers told for that episode, though, accurate or not, was that Jablonsky was a quitter. He quit the sweat, he quit the journey, he quit in trying to tell his tribe a tall tale.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would have gotten the extra vote if the girl (no clue about names yet) picked him as the “vote”. Then the other two would have lost their vote and Jablansky would have gotten the extra vote. I am not certain, though, they really didn’t explain it very well.

The narrative the producers told for that episode, though, accurate or not, was that Jablonsky was a quitter. He quit the sweat, he quit the journey, he quit in trying to tell his tribe a tall tale.

Yes names are tough right now. I believe Maria was the girl that won the card challenge. Obviously I remember Venus too. She is obviously easy to remember.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three card challenge. Was there any way Jablenski could have gotten the extra vote ??? Or was he doomed once he drew the skull ?? I mean im sure Jablenski is taking all kinds of heat on Survivor message boards , twitter , etc. What looked like two terrible decisions on his , I really didnt have a problem with either of them. Now telling his tribe what happened - thats a different story. Then in tribal saying WE quit the SWeat challenge. Television made it look like he quit and the other guy wanted to continue but Q ( may be his name ) never really said anything so maybe he quit too. Like i said , they werent filling those 2 tanks up. The 3 card game - he lost his vote but he chose to tell the truth to help the other 2 players. Since the extra vote has to be used whenever the others go to tribal, it shouldnt affect his tribe at all. Im just trying to see it from his side.
If I'm Jablenski, I'm telling her that I don't have the skull.
Then, I'm hoping my opponent goes into a long, winding discussion on why they should be chosen.

My final statement : Are you going to trust the one that talked the least or the most?
Then hope the psychology/paranoia kick in so that I get picked.

My job wouldn't be to convince her, but to make my opponent seem the least trustworthy.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venus is “Parvati-lite”?

Venus is really nice as was Parvati. I might even go with Venus over Parvati. But my number 1 all time appeared in season 3 i believe. The year Ethan Z won. Her name was Kim Powers. I have never even seen her mentioned when polls or articles are wrtitten about the beauties of Survivor. There was a older country man on there with her. She flashed him towards the end of the season.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jelinsky was excellent casting. The only shame is he was so goddamn dumb he couldnt even survive one round when he started with allies

He woulda been great tv for a few more eps.

Jess seems pathetic though. Treating ADHD like its borderline terminal

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the game at the island was classic new era survivor stupid idea that should not have made it off the cutting room floor

What the hell.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the game at the island was classic new era survivor stupid idea that should not have made it off the cutting room floor

What the hell.

I thought it was kind of weak as well. Im not even sure it showed the guy that got the extra vote explain to his tribe what happened. Imagine though being a tribe member and somebody came back and told you there were 3 cards. A torch, a skull , and whatever it was. I wouldnt have believed a word of it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks like that tribe is going to be the weak tribe... which is awful for Q, the only strong player on that tribe... he is not going to be able to play the game of survivor.... his tribe is either going to vote him out because he is the strong one, and they can't beat him, or when the tribe swap happens, he will be an easy target since he will never have numbers...

this is the only thing I don't like about this game, being thrown into a bad situation, is almost impossible to get out of...

Sure YamYam and his trio survived, but that is only because they were able to be seen as expendable during the the tribe swap and early on during the merge...

but a guy like Q, is all but done...

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure do like the harsher, more cutting Probst this season…

That is all.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say for now in case some havent watched it yet - that may have been the hardest group immunity challenge Ive seen. The physical toll it must have taken. I wonder how long it really took.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say for now in case some havent watched it yet - that may have been the hardest group immunity challenge Ive seen. The physical toll it must have taken. I wonder how long it really took.

Not sure if it was more difficult than any other team competition.

But I did not like the last leg at all. As it wasn’t about the puzzle, it was about the strength. The entire competition is about strength. Let the puzzle be about the mental aspect of the game.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on how they got rid of the girl ?? Not sure they needed to do all that bullshit.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on how they got rid of the girl ?? Not sure they needed to do all that bullshit.

It was unnecessary. But they were afraid she would use the shot in the dark. If she stayed, someone else would have gone home.

Only problem was that once they gave her the fake idol, they had to send her home. So the edit that made us think that the other two had a chance to go home was just to create drama. Especially Kelcey.