• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Summer 2014 FA , aka PG/PF watch

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the Lebron decision affects the Warriors:

1) If Bosh signs with the Rockets, it cements them as a top 4 team. Warriors still may not be able to get into the top 4 spots in the West even if they improve on last year.

2) If Cleveland is able to put together a more attractive offer than the Dubs, they will land him. I don't think the Warriors can truly compete without another star piece next to Curry.

3) What do the Warriors now do with Klay? Do they extend him? Do they trade him?

1) Rockets, traded LinSanity to LAL, that basically means Gasol isn't resigning there I would imagine. Not sure where Bosh ends up, I'm thinking it will be MIA probably since they have all that cap space to throw at him?

2) Dubs will be in the mix, I don't know if they need "another star" , if they have progression from their current players and a "healthy roster", they will be in the mix down the line

3) Dubs hold onto KLay until the trade deadline now, and if we aren't buyers, we can be sellers for the highest bidder, maybe a S/O to LAL for LInsanity? LOL

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Woj, Chris Bosh agrees to stay with Miami Heat. 5 year deal worth 118M.

GREAT news for the Warriors. Houston with Bosh on the team would have been filthy.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Woj, Chris Bosh agrees to stay with Miami Heat. 5 year deal worth 118M.

GREAT news for the Warriors. Houston with Bosh on the team would have been filthy.

Not only great news for the Warriors but to everyone in the West. Bosh must love the city of Miami b/c Houston would give me MAX.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Hill just got a 2 year, 18M contract from the Lakers. LOL.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem becomes if they trade Wiggins for Love as speculated. We've been able to be strong with our not trading Klay so far, this weakens our position if we really want Love.

Let's get real. We're not getting Love without offering Thompson, especially if the Cavs are willing to put up Wiggins.

How about a 3-team trade; we get Wiggins, Minnesota gets Thompson, and Cleveland gets Love. :)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No? I'd trade just David Lee. I don't see why we need to include Barnes in that deal.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During last night's Summer League broadcast, Reggie Miller was asked if he would include Klay in a trade for Kevin Love, and he was emphatic about not doing it. The Warriors can work out salary with Thompson down the road, but they need to keep their best two-way player who is already a top tier talent and is still on the rise.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During last night's Summer League broadcast, Reggie Miller was asked if he would include Klay in a trade for Kevin Love, and he was emphatic about not doing it. The Warriors can work out salary with Thompson down the road, but they need to keep their best two-way player who is already a top tier talent and is still on the rise.

If we keep klay over love our ceiling will
Be limited to 55 wins

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we keep klay over love our ceiling will
Be limited to 55 wins
I don't at all know that Love is the super 4 that can take the Dubs to the next level. He never took his previous team anywhere, and he is only marginally better than Lee on defense. I reject the notion that his acquisition represents the one chance for the team to take the next step.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't at all know that Love is the super 4 that can take the Dubs to the next level. He never took his previous team anywhere, and he is only marginally better than Lee on defense. I reject the notion that his acquisition represents the one chance for the team to take the next step.

Word

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telfair off the board, not like he was going to come here anyway.

I heard rumors on KNBR this am, Dubs might be looking at B. Rush and JO again. I liked B rush when before he got hurt. He actually played the stretch 4 for a bit under Coach Smart. Rush could always shoot, and was showing ability to drive to the hole before ZBO put him out of commission

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors that after Casspi is waived by the Pelicans that the Warriors might be suitors. Don't know if we'll have enough to offer depending on interest from other teams.

Also Boozer was just amnestied but I don't think he'll make it to the unrestricted free agent market. Teams with cap space can bid on him first.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors that after Casspi is waived by the Pelicans that the Warriors might be suitors. Don't know if we'll have enough to offer depending on interest from other teams.

Also Boozer was just amnestied but I don't think he'll make it to the unrestricted free agent market. Teams with cap space can bid on him first.

Boozer might be interesting, he isn't the Allstar 4 he was 5 years ago, but he could be valuable off the bench if he's willing to do that.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj reporting the Warriors signed Brandon Rush to a 2 year deal. Second year of the deal is a player option.

If he can be anywhere near the player he was with us previously, it'll be a huge steal.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Rush Back, that means no more Bazemore celebrations on the Dubs? :doh: