• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Summer 2014 FA , aka PG/PF watch

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we have one of these threads each summer.

I'll start it off, Jameer Nelson is available. Since the WIZ resigned Andre Miller, I wouldn't mind Nelson backing up Steph.

We can keep the "trade rumors" outside of this thread, which FA would you guys like the Dubs to go after?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for making this thread. I tried a few times but got sidetracked every time.

Couple of free agents that I would like to see the Warriors go after. I've only included guys around the MLE line that the Warriors could sign. (Not including guys like Lowry or restricted FA's that would be hard to obtain like Patty Mills or Grevis Vasquez)

Channing Frye - He opted out of his contract to secure a more long term deal. He could be the player the Warriors were hoping Speights would be. Kerr has said he wanted a stretch 4 and they don't get much better from deep than Frye. He'd be a nice backup F/C to have.

Rodney Stuckey - He made 8M last year and would likely take a dip on that annually in a new contract. I think he'd be a perfect fit as a backup G. Could play either the SG or backup PG.

Ramon Sessions - Another guy who could provide a spark off the bench. He's an adept scorer and has a willingness to take the ball to the hoop. Not much of a defender though.

Jordan Hill - Very good offensive rebounder and hustle guy. He has a decent midrange shot as well. Could be a nice backup big.

Chris Kaman - The Warriors lack a real low post scoring option and he's one of the better guys that can do that on the free agent market. He's great with both hands. A few negatives on him would be he's slow, not a great defender and he's also a bit injury prone.

Spencer Hawes - This guy was the definition of Jekyl and Hyde last year. Played great to start the year on the 76ers. When he was traded to Cleveland he took a nose dive. Hard to say which guy you'd get. On good days he can be a very productive big with 3 point range. On bad days he completely disappears.

Andris Biedrins - Former Warrior legend and one of the best freethrow shooting bigs on the market. Just wanted to see if you're paying attention by now.

Thabo Sefalosha - Tough defender. Was once able to be a 3-D player and if he could be come a decent one again, that would help solidify the backup Guard/Swing position.

Those are just a few I'd like to have off the top of my head. Personally I'd love to have Frye and Stuckey as the 1st and 2nd choices, but there might not be enough money to go around.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for making this thread. I tried a few times but got sidetracked every time.

Couple of free agents that I would like to see the Warriors go after. I've only included guys around the MLE line that the Warriors could sign. (Not including guys like Lowry or restricted FA's that would be hard to obtain like Patty Mills or Grevis Vasquez)

Channing Frye - He opted out of his contract to secure a more long term deal. He could be the player the Warriors were hoping Speights would be. Kerr has said he wanted a stretch 4 and they don't get much better from deep than Frye. He'd be a nice backup F/C to have.

Rodney Stuckey - He made 8M last year and would likely take a dip on that annually in a new contract. I think he'd be a perfect fit as a backup G. Could play either the SG or backup PG.

Ramon Sessions - Another guy who could provide a spark off the bench. He's an adept scorer and has a willingness to take the ball to the hoop. Not much of a defender though.

Jordan Hill - Very good offensive rebounder and hustle guy. He has a decent midrange shot as well. Could be a nice backup big.

Chris Kaman - The Warriors lack a real low post scoring option and he's one of the better guys that can do that on the free agent market. He's great with both hands. A few negatives on him would be he's slow, not a great defender and he's also a bit injury prone.

Spencer Hawes - This guy was the definition of Jekyl and Hyde last year. Played great to start the year on the 76ers. When he was traded to Cleveland he took a nose dive. Hard to say which guy you'd get. On good days he can be a very productive big with 3 point range. On bad days he completely disappears.

Andris Biedrins - Former Warrior legend and one of the best freethrow shooting bigs on the market. Just wanted to see if you're paying attention by now.

Thabo Sefalosha - Tough defender. Was once able to be a 3-D player and if he could be come a decent one again, that would help solidify the backup Guard/Swing position.

Those are just a few I'd like to have off the top of my head. Personally I'd love to have Frye and Stuckey as the 1st and 2nd choices, but there might not be enough money to go around.

Not a bad list, Fyre seems like a logical choice, apparently AI#9 has been lobbying for him.

I was watching CSN this evening, and Poole had this list

1) Pau "Alien arms" Gasol
2) Luol Deng
3) Chandler Parsons

Seems like great additions if the Dubs use their trade exceptions to land one of these guys. I'm guessing it would be a S&T vs just a straight up signing.

La Tax back on the Dubs? I don't know if Dub Nation could stand Part Deux, apparently Baze didn't get a qualifying offer from LAL, I wouldn't mind seeing him back on the team for the vet minimum.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad list, Fyre seems like a logical choice, apparently AI#9 has been lobbying for him.

I was watching CSN this evening, and Poole had this list

1) Pau "Alien arms" Gasol
2) Luol Deng
3) Chandler Parsons

Seems like great additions if the Dubs use their trade exceptions to land one of these guys. I'm guessing it would be a S&T vs just a straight up signing.

La Tax back on the Dubs? I don't know if Dub Nation could stand Part Deux, apparently Baze didn't get a qualifying offer from LAL, I wouldn't mind seeing him back on the team for the vet minimum.

The part of my post regarding Beans was obv a joke. He mentally checked out years ago.

I really don't think the Warriors have much wiggle room to add premier free agents. Gasol would need to sign for the MLE (not likely) or the Lakers would have to facilitate a S&T (again, not likely). Deng has too many options for the Warriors to be high on the priority list. He has teams looking to throw him big bucks and I doubt he would pass that up. Parsons is going to get a ton of offers.

For the Dubs, assuming our team stands pat, I'm looking for two solid free agent acquisitions to bolster the bench. If a trade happens, the free agents I would covet would change. The team as constructed right now, I would give the Warriors and A+ on the offseason if they could somehow manage to land Frye and Stuckey.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer Hawes rumored to be looking for a starting salary at 8M per year. Yikes.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Davis is available, I don't think they will get "premier FA', but if we can capture the Jack/Landry magic from a few years ago , I"ll take it.

Davis is a big body, and someone we had trouble with, mainly due to injuries, but he would provide rebounding, and stability.

I don't know if JO is coming back, but as is FE, Speights and Kuzmic are the only bigs under contract, we need more depth on the bench.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ed Davis too. I thought he was unrealistic with Memphis having his restricted rights but then then renounce them and make him an unrestricted FA. I think he would make a nice backup. I still think he needs to add more weight, but he's good around the rim and he's a good rim protector.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Woj, Jodie Meeks just got a 3 year 19M contract from the Pistons. Sets the market price pretty high for wings.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Woj, Jodie Meeks just got a 3 year 19M contract from the Pistons. Sets the market price pretty high for wings.

Meeks had a good run, but only really looked good because he was playing with an erratic Nick Young, and a often injured Lakers team.

3 years 19 mil seems about right for a spot starter. Jack got 4 years $25 mil last year.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the radio that the dubs signed Shaun Livingston for 3
Years. Nice pickup

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this signing, isn't GS's cap space pretty much gone? Meaning they are out of the running for guys like Hawes & Fry till they free up some space via trades? Unless they are going all they way to the tax cap threshold?

Last edited by a moderator:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the radio that the dubs signed Shaun Livingston for 3
Years. Nice pickup

Agree nice pickup. I thought Brooklyn was for sure going to bring him back. I am a bit concerned over his past injury history. Also hoping he can bring some scoring. Overall good move.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this signing, isn't GS's cap space pretty much gone? Meaning they are out of the running for guys like Hawes & Fry till they free up some space via trades? Unless they are going all they way to the tax cap threshold?

The warriors only had the mid level exception available as cap space. They do have a trade exception still which they could use in a sign and trade. They're about 6m away from the luxury tax. Could still be a player for a guy like frye.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this has Lacob written all over it, he wanted to push hard for K. Love , but since that stalled, he wanted the Dubs to be in the headlines.

3 years 16 million isn't a bad contract. Probably means Nedo will be reduced to D.League Bench warmer duties again.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this has Lacob written all over it, he wanted to push hard for K. Love , but since that stalled, he wanted the Dubs to be in the headlines.

3 years 16 million isn't a bad contract. Probably means Nedo will be reduced to D.League Bench warmer duties again.

If his intent was just to be in the headlines, I'm sure they are plenty of other moves they can make that would make more front page news.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his intent was just to be in the headlines, I'm sure they are plenty of other moves they can make that would make more front page news.

Possibly, but with Meeks siging with DET, and Mills getting hurt, out 6-7 months , the list of qualified "quality" back up FA PG's were slowly dwindling.

If you want to talk about S & T or trades, then that's another story.

Not saying Livingston isn't a good player, but I'll take a wait and see approach. He hasn't played a minute in Kerr's new system, and we don't even know how the current roster will perform under a new Coach.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the backup PG position is done, the Warriors can turn their attention to another backup big. From what I've read the Warriors can only offer the veteran minimum to other free agents, since they have used their MLE. They still have their trade exception to potentially grab another player. With the Warriors only being 6M from the tax, I think players like Frye, Hawes and Ed Davis are out of reach. It'll be interesting to see how the front office rounds out the roster.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon Hayward is rumored to be receiving a MAX offer from the Cavs.

If this is true and Hayward does receive the max, what does that mean for Klay? Hayward would essentially set the market price right?