• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Summer 2014 FA , aka PG/PF watch

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Ben Gordon just signed with the Magic. 2 years 9M.

Makes Livingston's contract look like a steal by comparison.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon Hayward is rumored to be receiving a MAX offer from the Cavs.

If this is true and Hayward does receive the max, what does that mean for Klay? Hayward would essentially set the market price right?

Someone help me out here, Hayward is a decent player, but I never thought of the guy as "elite" or top 10, he somehow gets the max deal?

These are the same owners who locked the players out a few months ago right? :doh::doh::doh:

I dont' think the Hayward deal affects Klay's deal with us, he was always going to get top money from the get go.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the backup PG position is done, the Warriors can turn their attention to another backup big. From what I've read the Warriors can only offer the veteran minimum to other free agents, since they have used their MLE. They still have their trade exception to potentially grab another player. With the Warriors only being 6M from the tax, I think players like Frye, Hawes and Ed Davis are out of reach. It'll be interesting to see how the front office rounds out the roster.

Here is my annual rant about bringing Drew Gooden home. He will bring energy rebounding and defense. Probably could be cheaper than any of the above listed as well.

I don't think we are going to get Frye/Hawes without a S & T. Unless LaGruber wants to shell out the $$$ to go into the tax this, the roster is almost set.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collison signed with Kings, Might be Thomas won't be resigning up there

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now we wait for the Lebron, Carmelo and maybe even Pau Gasol (now that Chicago is supposedly interested in him) chips to fall so we can determine who the true competition for Kevin Love is.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now we wait for the Lebron, Carmelo and maybe even Pau Gasol (now that Chicago is supposedly interested in him) chips to fall so we can determine who the true competition for Kevin Love is.

Yup. This is getting boring. Dudes need to get the show on the road.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caveman / aka Kaman signed with POR.

Seems like the type of deal that would have been perfect for us. 2 years 9.8 mil total per the WOJ.

Dubs still need a reliable big off the bench in case / when Bogut gets hurt.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaw off the market, 3 years 22.5 mil, wow.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Channing Frye just signed with the Magic. 4 years 32M.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Dubs are counting on D.Green / FE to fill in the back up 4/5 roles again this year.

Ugh, I would have thought the Dubs would grab a decent back up this offseason, I guess bring on the scraps, Udoh, Davis, JO?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Dubs are counting on D.Green / FE to fill in the back up 4/5 roles again this year.

Ugh, I would have thought the Dubs would grab a decent back up this offseason, I guess bring on the scraps, Udoh, Davis, JO?

I would be definitely surprised if the Warriors were able to get Ed Davis. All they can offer right now is the minimum or get someone through a S&T.

I don't think JO is coming back. I think he's ring chasing and probably didn't like Jackson's departure. I mean, who else is going to give him the iso touches in the paint?

The Warriors still have options by being able to trade their 2015 First RD pick and having a trade exception. They're about 5M+ away from the luxury tax.

Green will likely get all the opportunity to be the backup 4 this year. Same with Ezeli at the 5. One more solid 4/5 would be ideal though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be definitely surprised if the Warriors were able to get Ed Davis. All they can offer right now is the minimum or get someone through a S&T.

I don't think JO is coming back. I think he's ring chasing and probably didn't like Jackson's departure. I mean, who else is going to give him the iso touches in the paint?

The Warriors still have options by being able to trade their 2015 First RD pick and having a trade exception. They're about 5M+ away from the luxury tax.

Green will likely get all the opportunity to be the backup 4 this year. Same with Ezeli at the 5. One more solid 4/5 would be ideal though.

I still think Love is coming to GS. Ed Davis is a very nice young player though, and I agree that they would be lucky to get him. Udoh is a very good defender on the low block, so he'd be acceptable as a last resort.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Love is coming to GS. Ed Davis is a very nice young player though, and I agree that they would be lucky to get him. Udoh is a very good defender on the low block, so he'd be acceptable as a last resort.

I'm still hoping Love is coming too. Even if he does, we still need depth at that position. Speights is too inconsistent to be relied upon.

One player I wanted to give a shot to last year and would do again is Tyrus Thomas. He's still only 27 after amassing a lot of time in the NBA. He's not particularly skilled with the ball but as a backup big he could be a very nice piece to have on the roster. He's super athletic and in an up and down system with floor spacing and pick and rolls, he could be a good fit. Defensively he's a good rim protector, although his man to man defense is still not as good as it could be. If he wanted to play, and was in shape, I'd definitely try to get him in camp on a non-guaranteed contract.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bron returning to CLE to play with Uncle Drew and Wiggins.

Now the other Domino's can fall. The biggest remains, how much will the Cav's pay him? Max deal?

Will CLE just be Midwest LAL, I.E one max deal no talent to surround him? I'd imagine Irving and Wiggins will be better than what MIA would be able to field this year, but CHampionship? Hard to say.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now the other Domino's can fall. The biggest remains, how much will the Cav's pay him? Max deal?

Will CLE just be Midwest LAL, I.E one max deal no talent to surround him? I'd imagine Irving and Wiggins will be better than what MIA would be able to field this year, but CHampionship? Hard to say.

I'm sure Cleveland is going to try everything they can to get Kevin Love.

Kyrie is a good #2. His ability to score and knock down the 3 is going to immensely help. Lebron's never had a true PG to work with.

The Cavs are, at worst, a top 4 team in the east as of right now. That's how bad the East is, and how good Lebron is.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem becomes if they trade Wiggins for Love as speculated. We've been able to be strong with our not trading Klay so far, this weakens our position if we really want Love.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the Lebron decision affects the Warriors:

1) If Bosh signs with the Rockets, it cements them as a top 4 team. Warriors still may not be able to get into the top 4 spots in the West even if they improve on last year.

2) If Cleveland is able to put together a more attractive offer than the Dubs, they will land him. I don't think the Warriors can truly compete without another star piece next to Curry.

3) What do the Warriors now do with Klay? Do they extend him? Do they trade him?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Cleveland is going to try everything they can to get Kevin Love.

Kyrie is a good #2. His ability to score and knock down the 3 is going to immensely help. Lebron's never had a true PG to work with.

The Cavs are, at worst, a top 4 team in the east as of right now. That's how bad the East is, and how good Lebron is.

I'm not really sure I would call Kyrie, a "true PG" but Uncle Drew is talented.