• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Summer 2014 FA , aka PG/PF watch

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ed Davis deal is a friggin steal. Lakers just won Boozer off waivers. The Lakers also drafted Julius Randal and I'm sure they'll want to give him some time. They went from having a hole at PF to a glut. Interesting to see what they'll do here.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Stuckey also signed for the vet minimum with the Pacers. Absolute steal as well.

Pacers offer him a great opportunity to build his value. I'd be surprised if he wasn't immediately plugged in as a starter.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience is a virtue. If you can't get the deal you want in this market, wait. I think that the Wolves are a perfect example of that.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience is a virtue. If you can't get the deal you want in this market, wait. I think that the Wolves are a perfect example of that.

Problem is, you keep waiting, and eventually you'll get nothing. Time eventually isn't going to be on MINN"s side.

Love's trade value is highest now. You wait 6-8 months and teams can just say I'll sign him when he opts out of his contract vs giving up value for him as of 7/17/14.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, you keep waiting, and eventually you'll get nothing. Time eventually isn't going to be on MINN"s side.

Love's trade value is highest now. You wait 6-8 months and teams can just say I'll sign him when he opts out of his contract vs giving up value for him as of 7/17/14.

They'll get the same deals being offered now at the trade deadline. It can only get better (unless there's an injury).

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll get the same deals being offered now at the trade deadline. It can only get better (unless there's an injury).

Possibly, or like MIA losing Lebron this offseason, they get nothing in return. Deng is a nice player, but isn't Bron.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 7 FA left?

1) Bledsoe
2) Monroe
3) Blatche
4) Jesus Shuttlesworth
5) Matrix
6) Evan Turner
7) Jameer Nelson

I think its a given the Dubs roster (- Love deal) is pretty much set. It would be interesting to see if the Dubs could somehow steal Monroe from DET. S&T for D.Lee/HB? S&T for AI#9? hmmmm

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ivan Johnson off the board and signed with DAL

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ivan Johnson off the board and signed with DAL
'Sup amigo? This forum's been a bit dead of late. I'm still looking to see if there is one last piece of biz for the club, but if they decide to stand pat for now as opposed to either taking a big gamble or not getting a good deal, I'm fine with that and ready for the season to start.

That said, what did you do to our Giants?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Sup amigo? This forum's been a bit dead of late. I'm still looking to see if there is one last piece of biz for the club, but if they decide to stand pat for now as opposed to either taking a big gamble or not getting a good deal, I'm fine with that and ready for the season to start.

That said, what did you do to our Giants?

Not sure what happened to my Giants, they went to the Allstar Break limping to the line, and forgot there was a 2nd half of the season to play.

1) Pablo although better, isn't deserving of big deal that he's seeking.
2) Timmy was half decent, and then has returned to 2006-2010 Zito Form
3) Injuries, Injuries, and yes Injuries, did I mention Injuries? Pagan, Scutaro, Cain, Hector, Affeldt (for a few weeks), Romo (no longer the closer) , Belt (back, concussion, ego, finger)
4) Hudson was Cy Young form, although still pitching well, isn't getting run support
5) MadBum is tipping his pitches, or may just be a little heavy. Guy looks like he's put on 15-20 lbs this offseason. He is pitching his way into our next 1st Baseman. His bat could be more valuable than his arm at this point.
6) Dan Uggla, ugh.

-> I'll say I do like the Peavy pick up, even though we gave up 2 "high prospects", we need the pitching now. Petit as our #4/#5 isn't going to cut it.

I'm sure this board will pick up as soon as the Klay / Love situation gets worked out, and the Pre Season gets going. I'm just praying that non of our players get hurt in the USA Olympic trials.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what happened to my Giants, they went to the Allstar Break limping to the line, and forgot there was a 2nd half of the season to play.

1) Pablo although better, isn't deserving of big deal that he's seeking.
2) Timmy was half decent, and then has returned to 2006-2010 Zito Form
3) Injuries, Injuries, and yes Injuries, did I mention Injuries? Pagan, Scutaro, Cain, Hector, Affeldt (for a few weeks), Romo (no longer the closer) , Belt (back, concussion, ego, finger)
4) Hudson was Cy Young form, although still pitching well, isn't getting run support
5) MadBum is tipping his pitches, or may just be a little heavy. Guy looks like he's put on 15-20 lbs this offseason. He is pitching his way into our next 1st Baseman. His bat could be more valuable than his arm at this point.
6) Dan Uggla, ugh.

-> I'll say I do like the Peavy pick up, even though we gave up 2 "high prospects", we need the pitching now. Petit as our #4/#5 isn't going to cut it.

I'm sure this board will pick up as soon as the Klay / Love situation gets worked out, and the Pre Season gets going. I'm just praying that non of our players get hurt in the USA Olympic trials.

The Giants need Pagan back at the top. Having Pence lead off instead of being in a position to drive in runs is impacting their offense in a terrible way. Pagan also brings that energy that the Giants seem to be lacking these days. He's the catalyst to pushing this team back into the division lead.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants need Pagan back at the top. Having Pence lead off instead of being in a position to drive in runs is impacting their offense in a terrible way. Pagan also brings that energy that the Giants seem to be lacking these days. He's the catalyst to pushing this team back into the division lead.

Sushi, you just put the death blow on Pagan, he's out with surgery for the rest of the year :L

At this point, you think Sabean is regretting giving Pagan that deal?

Back to the topic, Baze and Brand signed with the ATL, interesting to see how that team looks without Josh Smith, Korver, Joe Johnson gone these last few years. Or is Korver still there? I suppose Jeff Teague is still there running the show, but they it doesn't look like a Hawk Roster I recognize.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sushi, you just put the death blow on Pagan, he's out with surgery for the rest of the year :L

At this point, you think Sabean is regretting giving Pagan that deal?

Back to the topic, Baze and Brand signed with the ATL, interesting to see how that team looks without Josh Smith, Korver, Joe Johnson gone these last few years. Or is Korver still there? I suppose Jeff Teague is still there running the show, but they it doesn't look like a Hawk Roster I recognize.

Well the Giants are officially in this thing. It definitely hurts them that Pagan is not in there to be a catalyst, but we have a puncher's chance.

I'm not sure if Sabean regrets the deal just yet. I think Marco Scutaro tops that list. Pagan is worth the money when he's healthy. Unfortunately he gets these nagging injuries the last few years and just can't stay on the field.

Korver is still with the Hawks. They still have Millsap, Teague, and I think Horford should be returning from his injury last year. I think Baze will be a nice fit for them. They have another clone in Demarre Carroll on the wing. If Baze can play solid D and continue to up his offensive game, he could be a nice piece for them.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Giants are officially in this thing. It definitely hurts them that Pagan is not in there to be a catalyst, but we have a puncher's chance.

I'm not sure if Sabean regrets the deal just yet. I think Marco Scutaro tops that list. Pagan is worth the money when he's healthy. Unfortunately he gets these nagging injuries the last few years and just can't stay on the field.

Korver is still with the Hawks. They still have Millsap, Teague, and I think Horford should be returning from his injury last year. I think Baze will be a nice fit for them. They have another clone in Demarre Carroll on the wing. If Baze can play solid D and continue to up his offensive game, he could be a nice piece for them.

20/20 hindsight I suppose. Pagan's only played more than 150 games 2x in his 8 year career. :L

When healthy you could argue he's a top 10 leadoff guy, and a key kog in our offense. Just haven't seen that much sadly.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3