• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strategic Rooting

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are in a bit of a pickle, but historically they pickle pretty well.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This OL thing can be fixed . We did it late last year . Here is to lightning striking twice .

This team is very much feared .

I still think we got a fair shot of winning the SB . It is all on the OL . Fix it we win the SB.

We get a RG we will be in the hunt .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Anderson ?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are in a bit of a pickle, but historically they pickle pretty well.

Haha, true. I recall as late as going into the Bengals game last year the Broncos were still in the running to claim the #1 seed all the way to miss the playoffs outright. Thankfully the best case scenario played out. This year I maintain a 10-6 finish is likely good enough to get them into the playoffs. There's a lot of W-L combos out there across the league that have the Broncos missing the playoffs even at 10-6, but considering the reliability of some of the teams involved a lot of other contenders would have to suddenly get consistently hot for a lot of these to come about.

Now here's the best thing: the Broncos need to finish 3-1 to reach 11-5. I can't find a single scenario that has them missing the playoffs at 11-5. 3-1 may seem daunting considering the remaining slate, but let's consider:

@ Titans: CD pointed out the Titans are a bit of a matchup nightmare for the Broncos and I agree. While an early look tells us this is the most winnable remaining game, it may actually be one of the hardest. The Titans have a great run game and a young QB who's finding some consistency. Defensively they're good enough to really put the skids on our offense. With all that said, look at their schedule. They really don't have any wins that jump out as impressive. Early wins against the Lions and Dolphins look okay now (both teams now playoff contenders), but that was before either of those teams found an identity. The Titans also smoked the Packers, but the Packers were in a bit of a funk at the time. A home win over the Broncos would without question be the single biggest win for the Titans likely in the past 5 years of the teams existence.

vs Patriots: Nobody will give the Broncos a shot in this one. Sound familiar? While the smart money will all be on the Patriots, the Broncos have a knack for humbling what many believe is the premier franchise of this era. The defense will have its hands full, and if it turns into a shootout the Broncos will go down in flames. But if they force it into their style of game the way they were able to do last year they have a chance.

@ Chiefs: Arrowhead is a tough place to play and this game is on Christmas Day. The atmosphere will be intense. But this isn't new to the Broncos, who haven't lost in Arrowhead since that disastrous 2010 season, and even that was a 4 point loss. The teams are evenly matched and after the way the Broncos lost that game in Denver you can bet they will come into this one ready to make amends. And remember: in a divisional game anything can happen.

vs Raiders: Once again, in a divisional game anything can happen. And like the Chiefs and Chargers earlier in the season, I think the encore matchup with a rival who's already beat the Broncos is going to have this Broncos team ready to play. The Raiders really have been looking better on defense than when the season started and their offense is still one of the top in the league, but can can be stopped. The Broncos did not look good against the Raiders in Oakland but every game is an entirely different animal. The Broncos have the hardware on both sides of the ball to beat the Raiders, especially at home in the season finale.

It's tough to sit here and say the Broncos will go 4-0 against this slate but when you look at each game individually you realize they are all winnable. The team's just gotta take it one game at a time. I really don't think a 3-1 finish vs this part of the slate is that absurd an expectation. And an 11-5 finish in the year the Broncos were supposed to be a .500 team would be quite an accomplishment.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fooking punt to Tyreek Hill. and make sure the camera wires are taken down at Arrowhead.

I think MIA is a pretender. Pitts will win the AFCN. Baltimore will lose two. If Denver gets to 10-6 they have a 95% chance to make the playoffs.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fooking punt to Tyreek Hill. and make sure the camera wires are taken down at Arrowhead.

I think MIA is a pretender. Pitts will win the AFCN. Baltimore will lose two. If Denver gets to 10-6 they have a 95% chance to make the playoffs.

There is even a chance the Broncos just need 9-7 to get in. I don't consider it out of the realm of possible either given some of the other bubble teams and their remaining slate. I'd much prefer 10-6 or better though. Hell, as long as the team only has 4 losses, I prefer 12-4!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still scenario Denver wins out and claims div and #1 seed. If your going to throw all the possible scenarios in there then you should add that one. Not like it's " totally " out of the realm.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, true. I recall as late as going into the Bengals game last year the Broncos were still in the running to claim the #1 seed all the way to miss the playoffs outright. Thankfully the best case scenario played out. This year I maintain a 10-6 finish is likely good enough to get them into the playoffs. There's a lot of W-L combos out there across the league that have the Broncos missing the playoffs even at 10-6, but considering the reliability of some of the teams involved a lot of other contenders would have to suddenly get consistently hot for a lot of these to come about.

Now here's the best thing: the Broncos need to finish 3-1 to reach 11-5. I can't find a single scenario that has them missing the playoffs at 11-5. 3-1 may seem daunting considering the remaining slate, but let's consider:

@ Titans: CD pointed out the Titans are a bit of a matchup nightmare for the Broncos and I agree. While an early look tells us this is the most winnable remaining game, it may actually be one of the hardest. The Titans have a great run game and a young QB who's finding some consistency. Defensively they're good enough to really put the skids on our offense. With all that said, look at their schedule. They really don't have any wins that jump out as impressive. Early wins against the Lions and Dolphins look okay now (both teams now playoff contenders), but that was before either of those teams found an identity. The Titans also smoked the Packers, but the Packers were in a bit of a funk at the time. A home win over the Broncos would without question be the single biggest win for the Titans likely in the past 5 years of the teams existence.

vs Patriots: Nobody will give the Broncos a shot in this one. Sound familiar? While the smart money will all be on the Patriots, the Broncos have a knack for humbling what many believe is the premier franchise of this era. The defense will have its hands full, and if it turns into a shootout the Broncos will go down in flames. But if they force it into their style of game the way they were able to do last year they have a chance.

@ Chiefs: Arrowhead is a tough place to play and this game is on Christmas Day. The atmosphere will be intense. But this isn't new to the Broncos, who haven't lost in Arrowhead since that disastrous 2010 season, and even that was a 4 point loss. The teams are evenly matched and after the way the Broncos lost that game in Denver you can bet they will come into this one ready to make amends. And remember: in a divisional game anything can happen.

vs Raiders: Once again, in a divisional game anything can happen. And like the Chiefs and Chargers earlier in the season, I think the encore matchup with a rival who's already beat the Broncos is going to have this Broncos team ready to play. The Raiders really have been looking better on defense than when the season started and their offense is still one of the top in the league, but can can be stopped. The Broncos did not look good against the Raiders in Oakland but every game is an entirely different animal. The Broncos have the hardware on both sides of the ball to beat the Raiders, especially at home in the season finale.

It's tough to sit here and say the Broncos will go 4-0 against this slate but when you look at each game individually you realize they are all winnable. The team's just gotta take it one game at a time. I really don't think a 3-1 finish vs this part of the slate is that absurd an expectation. And an 11-5 finish in the year the Broncos were supposed to be a .500 team would be quite an accomplishment.

What garbage or idiots do you listen to that the Broncos were supposed to be a .500 team? Seriously many of you listen or watch garbage. Remember everything is ready to click and last week the Broncos showed there ready to go on a run. Broncos 21 Titans 17 Peace.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What garbage or idiots do you listen to that the Broncos were supposed to be a .500 team? Seriously many of you listen or watch garbage.

But I've largely tuned you out and that's been a tremendous improvement. :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What garbage or idiots do you listen to that the Broncos were supposed to be a .500 team? Seriously many of you listen or watch garbage. Remember everything is ready to click and last week the Broncos showed there ready to go on a run. Broncos 21 Titans 17 Peace.

Well many of us read things from all over. AT least for me I listen to some of the local radio stations when I can but also like to listen to the more national perspective on the Broncos. Heck there are times I even listen to what some rival writers have to say about the Broncos. It isn't that I listen to them to gain knowledge per say but more just to see what others are seeing. It is also fun to listen to the predictions at the beginning of the year and see how far off so many of them are. Most years they have undervalued the Broncos and this year is no different. Again it is more about entertainment then me trying to find a new opinion.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does look like we have a bunch of tie breakers over some of the teams in the running for that final wild card spot if that is where we end up. So that is definitely a huge bonus for the Broncos. Still they control a lot of their own destiny on some things so just take care of business and not have to worry about whether we make it to the playoffs.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greater glory of the Denver Broncos will not be left for the weak to ensure.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With tie breakers over the Colts and Texans, but not the Titans, we should now be officially rooting for the Titans to win the South.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Dolphins win the game on a last second FG to pull to 8-5 and with a far easier remaining schedule than the Broncos. Definitely not good news.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With tie breakers over the Colts and Texans, but not the Titans, we should now be officially rooting for the Titans to win the South.
Tie breakers only if two teams are tied. Different with 3+ teams. Looks like a log jam for now for the #6 seed.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tie breakers only if two teams are tied. Different with 3+ teams. Looks like a log jam for now for the #6 seed.

Right. With multiple tied teams the H-to-H goes out the window and all kinds of different rules come into play. The league's tie breaking rules are actually pretty easy to understand and find if one is not familiar with them. My hope is the Broncos can win that last spot outright or it comes to a 2-way with a team they've beat.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAnnehill lost for Miami

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAnnehill lost for Miami

Saw that. Sucks for them but could be the difference between making or not making the playoffs for the Broncos.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to root for the Patriots tonight. Still definitely in this thing but man we needed that game against the Titans to make it a bit easier and put more pressure on other teams.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to root for the Patriots tonight. Still definitely in this thing but man we needed that game against the Titans to make it a bit easier and put more pressure on other teams.
Yeah it sucks to have to root for Pats but that is what is best for Denver. Had Denver beat TT's, would be dif story. Don't like either. Tie wouldn't be terrible either. :)