• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steph VS Westbrook

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, RW injured yet again, lets see RW has only played 36 games this year, vs Steph who has played 67)

Any folks still think RW is the better "longterm choice"?

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OKC does not win a title, Russ could be traded. RW is loaded and could return a near boat load back to OKC.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OKC does not win a title, Russ could be traded. RW is loaded and could return a near boat load back to OKC.

:noidea:

I'd imagine OKC would get a Brick Davis for Expiring contract type of deal in return, who would give up quality for a PG who plays less than %50 of games each year?

Without his legs, and explosiveness, how effective can RW be?

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without his legs? What? Russ will be fine. It's called modern medicine. Maybe he has chronic problems that I'm unaware but I think he'll be fine. RW was healthy for his entire career except for this and some of last year. You must be down on Westbrook or something. I'm just saying I wonder if OKC runs better w Reggie Jackson at Point?

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph all day long! With his deadly skill of shooting and his emergence at creating and getting to the bucket, there is no doubt Curry is the better of the two.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump RW out for the Summers World Cup / Basketball edition

1) Should Dubs let Steph tryout?

2) Do you want Steph to tryout?

3) Anyone still take RW over Steph?

1) I don't think its the Dubs call. They can persuade him, but flat out saying he can't participate would be incredible bad from the management side. There would be tons of negative PR, not to mention if Steph wanted to participate it would hinder his perspective on the organization. On the flip side if they give their blessing and encourage it, that gives Steph even more publicity and draws more attention to the Warriors organization. Can't be a bad thing.

2) I would encourage him to do so. He gets to play (and network) with the best players in the world. There's not a doubt in my mind that everyone would absolutely love playing with him. How do you think Lebron, Wade and Bosh ended up teaming together? They started talking at all-star functions, Olympic teams, etc. Big picture here.

3) I still stick by my assessment although the gap was never very big before. Curry and Westbrook are two very different players. You couldn't just swap either of them out for each other and believe OKC and GSW would be the same. The style of play would have to be altered to suit both.

Westbrook is a better defender and he attacks the rim. Curry is the best shooter and the game and a great distributor. Westbrook takes lots of questionable shots. Curry is careless with the ball and has to hide on defense. Both are great rebounders for their positions. As I said before, there's no right answer, it's just up to your preference of style of play.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3) Anyone still take RW over Steph?

I'd love to see them side-by-side. Westbrook is the best 2 guard in the league, Best at getting to the rim in the league, and Steph is a great distributor and the best shooter in the league. It'd be incredible to see them paired up.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) I would encourage him to do so. He gets to play (and network) with the best players in the world. There's not a doubt in my mind that everyone would absolutely love playing with him. How do you think Lebron, Wade and Bosh ended up teaming together? They started talking at all-star functions, Olympic teams, etc. Big picture here..

Just reread this, that goes both ways, players could try to convince Steph to leave the Dubs down the line aswell. I think better players around the league know who Steph is, his passing, shooting, ball handling, when he goes into El Fuego mode, he can score with the best of them.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see them side-by-side. Westbrook is the best 2 guard in the league, Best at getting to the rim in the league, and Steph is a great distributor and the best shooter in the league. It'd be incredible to see them paired up.

RW thinks he's the best Point in the League

I can't agree with this at all. Is RW top 10 probably. top 5? Debatable.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, RW is not the best. Most explosive, maybe. His decision making is not near the top. He is a lot to handle, a great #2 to KD and loaded w talent. But the PG top 7 is like thus: Tony Parker, CP3, Steph Curry, Damon Lillard, J. Wall, D. Rose, Drajic.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump

Going to bump this thread everytime RW gets hurt. Can you be the best PG in the league if you only play 60 games or less each year? OKC is could be a lottery team before this is all said and done. That may be taking it a little far, but I don't seem them being able to survive the 1st 2 months without their 2 best players. They don't even have Kevin Maritn or Harden to carry the load until they get healthy.

Dubs finish top 3?

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK, How long is RW out? If both are back by January they'll be in the top 8.