• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STEELERS / PACKERS

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouncey's injury hurts cohesion. But Wallace is a great spot starter. He plays with anger and I love it. Hopefully Pouncey goes on IR recall and comes back week 6.

Landry had an ok day. He's proving his QB3 status with little flashes of QB2 possibility. Its crazy how he can look good and so awful at the same time. Its all about his decision making, really. He looks very indecisive and skittish at times. Tyler Murphy is still wowing. Love what he brings to the table. Its going to be a very difficult decision if they cut Murphy.

The D had a pretty solid game. They looked awful early, but bounced back. Harrison, JJ, Dupree, Shamarko, Wild & Fort all notched sacks! Great pressure generated by the D-line. I think it was the units best showing so far this season. The secondary is still the problem though. A lot of missed assignments. But I'm glad they are happening now so they can get it on film to correct the mistakes.

Bryant had a quiet day. But that's because Wheaton & Brown were lighting up the highlight reel. The Packers' safeties were keying on Bryant which freed up Wheaton.

Another did not see...that reminds me I need to get with you soon on this streaming stuff...we're gonna have about 7 regular season games that I'm sure will not be on local TV and no longer have the Tkt.

Some of this is a repeat of my recent post in the offseason post.

Pouncey...my biggest fear...losing a starter. hopefully you're right on the 6 games...Wallace will be okay...but gotta have a replacement for him now and could have a ripple effect on the LBs...if they short them one and go 9 vs 10...Chick probably doesn't make it...I hope that does playout.

QB3...Landry has locked that up I think...but you wonder if Murphy has shown enough to make him the 6th WR.

DEF...I'm a little concerned the D is not further along, but I still feel this will be a better unit than last year...it might take 6 to 8 games for them to get it all going...OFC may have to put up 25-30 pts the 1st few games.

Bryant...the cat is out of the bag now...for him to continue of his upward trend, he's got to get better at the small things, and route running in the RZ...effectively he's doing what Wallace did...open up that underneath...he might not get 1,000 yd season, maybe 700-800, but he might make it possible for both Wheaton and Brown to get 1,200.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another did not see...that reminds me I need to get with you soon on this streaming stuff...we're gonna have about 7 regular season games that I'm sure will not be on local TV and no longer have the Tkt.

Some of this is a repeat of my recent post in the offseason post.

Pouncey...my biggest fear...losing a starter. hopefully you're right on the 6 games...Wallace will be okay...but gotta have a replacement for him now and could have a ripple effect on the LBs...if they short them one and go 9 vs 10...Chick probably doesn't make it...I hope that does playout.

QB3...Landry has locked that up I think...but you wonder if Murphy has shown enough to make him the 6th WR.

DEF...I'm a little concerned the D is not further along, but I still feel this will be a better unit than last year...it might take 6 to 8 games for them to get it all going...OFC may have to put up 25-30 pts the 1st few games.

Bryant...the cat is out of the bag now...for him to continue of his upward trend, he's got to get better at the small things, and route running in the RZ...effectively he's doing what Wallace did...open up that underneath...he might not get 1,000 yd season, maybe 700-800, but he might make it possible for both Wheaton and Brown to get 1,200.
Streaming... Yea any time you want to discuss it! I'll give you the sites and details you need!

Pouncey... In 2013 when Pouncey went down to injury Wallace started the final 4 games after Velasco went down. We went 3-1 in those games. The offense averaged 335 total yards per game (high of 412yds & low of 230yds). That was right on par with what the offense was doing the entire season. And also, if you recall, that was when Jack Bicknell Jr. was the O-line coach. We have a HOFer coaching them now. So I feel very safe with Wallace. We may have lost the best athlete on the O-line, but the offense shouldn't suffer much, if at all. If they IR-recall Pouncey, they can at least hold onto players like Chick and sign a new guy for that duration until he returns. Then make a tough decision at that point. And probably during that time, knock on wood, another injury could happen so Pouncey would just swap roster spots and not affect anyone else.

QB3... I'm thinking they go with Landry. It is concerning that Bruce can't seem to stay healthy. Bum luck for sure, but still has to worry the coaches enough to keep Landry around. I still want to see Murphy log some snaps behind center. If we don't see that against the Bills this week, then you can bet your bank account on Landry making the 53.

DEF... I'm hoping that Big Dan gets healthy and we see some 4-3 looks. Word around camp is that none other than Cam Thomas himself is making waves. Shocking but true. I still won't trust him though. I've been hearing that Thomas will move to DE in TUitt's absence. So that opens the door for younger guys to log some snaps on the inside. I'm thinking that Butler is playing pretty basic schemes right now. Throwing a few stunt blitzes in occasionally. But the real problem is that the secondary is still soft. Mitchell has yet to make his presence felt. Starting to think that he likes to talk big but carry a small stick. We need more from him. Shamarko did pretty well against the Packers. He looked like the most impressive player on the defense while I was watching.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Streaming... Yea any time you want to discuss it! I'll give you the sites and details you need!

Pouncey... In 2013 when Pouncey went down to injury Wallace started the final 4 games after Velasco went down. We went 3-1 in those games. The offense averaged 335 total yards per game (high of 412yds & low of 230yds). That was right on par with what the offense was doing the entire season. And also, if you recall, that was when Jack Bicknell Jr. was the O-line coach. We have a HOFer coaching them now. So I feel very safe with Wallace. We may have lost the best athlete on the O-line, but the offense shouldn't suffer much, if at all. If they IR-recall Pouncey, they can at least hold onto players like Chick and sign a new guy for that duration until he returns. Then make a tough decision at that point. And probably during that time, knock on wood, another injury could happen so Pouncey would just swap roster spots and not affect anyone else.

QB3... I'm thinking they go with Landry. It is concerning that Bruce can't seem to stay healthy. Bum luck for sure, but still has to worry the coaches enough to keep Landry around. I still want to see Murphy log some snaps behind center. If we don't see that against the Bills this week, then you can bet your bank account on Landry making the 53.

DEF... I'm hoping that Big Dan gets healthy and we see some 4-3 looks. Word around camp is that none other than Cam Thomas himself is making waves. Shocking but true. I still won't trust him though. I've been hearing that Thomas will move to DE in TUitt's absence. So that opens the door for younger guys to log some snaps on the inside. I'm thinking that Butler is playing pretty basic schemes right now. Throwing a few stunt blitzes in occasionally. But the real problem is that the secondary is still soft. Mitchell has yet to make his presence felt. Starting to think that he likes to talk big but carry a small stick. We need more from him. Shamarko did pretty well against the Packers. He looked like the most impressive player on the defense while I was watching.

Agree...not too too worried about Pouncey aside from the repetitive nature of it with him...my point on the ripple...if they get to replace Pouncey, with a C/G until he returns...okay, no big deal...I thought he would still count if expected to return.

Gradk...does pretty much cement a spot for Landry who would be the best option if it came down to him and Murphy...but having a guy like Murphy is a plus imo.

DEF...I'm not too worried...I don't have high expectations for the SS spot, but I'm hoping Mitchell can pull it together...the studs are on the front 7 of this DEF...hopefully the back end can feed off that.