• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starting Rookie QB's

Which Rookie QB's Will Start Game 1 in the 2024 Season?

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 30 100.0%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Jayden Daniels

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • Michael Penix Jr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JJ McCarthy

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Bo Nix

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Spencer Rattler

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams and Daniels with Nix having an outside shot.

Maye has all the talent but needs to work on a couple things like footwork and reading defences/decision making. He's only 21 turns 22 shortly. He'd have to have a great camp to start day 1. Needs to review a lot of tape IMO.

Let him sit and learn a year. We don't need another Mac Jones getting thrown to the wolves.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos brass are in love with Bo Nix. They had him as the 3rd best QB in the draft. Unless the wheels fall off in training camp, I think Nix will start.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t see the Vikings going with Sam Darnold to start the season, so I think JJ will start.
Penix will be the backup with the Falcons, he’s better than Heinicke.
I’d rather have Heinicke as my backup.

That Penix pick just makes no sense to me.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather have Heinicke as my backup.

That Penix pick just makes no sense to me.
I like Penix, I think he is a very good QB. I think the pick is questionable because the Falcons could’ve used help on defense but I understand the logic behind it, and I think Penix definitely can be the franchise QB of the future. Heinicke is nothing but an adequate backup

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've been wrong from time to time but i don't see it for Nix at this level. I see Brady Quinn.

As long as he's the Brady Quinn from Notre Dame days, I'm good with that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Penix, I think he is a very good QB. I think the pick is questionable because the Falcons could’ve used help on defense but I understand the logic behind it, and I think Penix definitely can be the franchise QB of the future. Heinicke is nothing but an adequate backup
Heinicke is definitely an adequate backup.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos brass are in love with Bo Nix. They had him as the 3rd best QB in the draft. Unless the wheels fall off in training camp, I think Nix will start.

:suds:

L
giphy.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t see the Vikings going with Sam Darnold to start the season, so I think JJ will start.
Penix will be the backup with the Falcons, he’s better than Heinicke.

Penix should be the backup to get practice reps, but should Cousins get hurt early, Heinicke might get the call first to protect Penix a bit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams and Daniels with Nix having an outside shot.

Maye has all the talent but needs to work on a couple things like footwork and reading defences/decision making. He's only 21 turns 22 shortly. He'd have to have a great camp to start day 1. Needs to review a lot of tape IMO.

Let him sit and learn a year. We don't need another Mac Jones getting thrown to the wolves.

Maye has the best vet to overtake (outside of Penix and Rattler of course). Brissett should start until Maye is ready.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix should be the backup to get practice reps, but should Cousins get hurt early, Heinicke might get the call first to protect Penix a bit.
I wouldn’t understand that - Penix was a top 10 pick, he should be ready to go if Cousins goes down, he would give us a better chance to win than Heinicke - the Falcons are ready to win this year. Hopefully Cousins stays healthy but if he doesn’t Penix should get the chance to step up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t understand that - Penix was a top 10 pick, he should be ready to go if Cousins goes down, he would give us a better chance to win than Heinicke - the Falcons are ready to win this year. Hopefully Cousins stays healthy but if he doesn’t Penix should get the chance to step up.

With the new coaching regime, maybe Penix does leap frog Heinicke entirely (no benefit from knowing the previous system). However, Tyler is fully NFL adjusted already. It would only be temporary if it happens.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 seem to be no-brainers. After that it gets a little hazy. I honestly think the Vikings start Darnold for 4-5 games and bring McCarthy in slowly but it's up in the air if McCarthy comes in and takes the job in camp. I can see Nix starting day 1 because the Broncos have such limited options. No way to know for sure but I think Nix will be a bust. However, I do think he will start over Stidham and Wilson, neither of which are anywhere close to being legitimate starters.
The Penix/ Cousins thing in Atl is weird on so many levels. The Falcons have no choice but to start Cousins if he's healthy and ready due to what they are paying him which leaves Penix blowing in the wind. People are slamming the pick but they should be asking why did they give Cousins all that guaranteed money if they were planning on taking a QB in the top ten anyway. Makes no sense and Kirk and the team better hope to come out of the gates hot because if they struggle, the fans and media and probably the owner will likely not have a lot of patience to right the ship. Gonna be an interesting first month in Atlanta. Not predicting or wishing failure here but it is a dynamic worth watching.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 seem to be no-brainers. After that it gets a little hazy. I honestly think the Vikings start Darnold for 4-5 games and bring McCarthy in slowly but it's up in the air if McCarthy comes in and takes the job in camp. I can see Nix starting day 1 because the Broncos have such limited options. No way to know for sure but I think Nix will be a bust. However, I do think he will start over Stidham and Wilson, neither of which are anywhere close to being legitimate starters.
The Penix/ Cousins thing in Atl is weird on so many levels. The Falcons have no choice but to start Cousins if he's healthy and ready due to what they are paying him which leaves Penix blowing in the wind. People are slamming the pick but they should be asking why did they give Cousins all that guaranteed money if they were planning on taking a QB in the top ten anyway. Makes no sense and Kirk and the team better hope to come out of the gates hot because if they struggle, the fans and media and probably the owner will likely not have a lot of patience to right the ship. Gonna be an interesting first month in Atlanta. Not predicting or wishing failure here but it is a dynamic worth watching.
It’s always taken cousin Kirk a few games to get going in his career and now he’s in a new offense coming off an injury. Should be interesting. He’s a slow starter