• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Johnson makes it official

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great day to be a Cat as Stanley Johson has picked Arizona. He was a 'must get' for us with some possible early departures after this season. BTFD SJ and welcome to the fam!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup baby hes a 5 star recruit! You already know hes going to be a star. ONE AND DONE BABY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO @ 3 STAR RECRUITS THEY ALL SUCK! HAHA 5 STAR BABY!!!!!!!! JUST LIKE RONDAE JERFFERSON WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! RONDAE ONE AND DONE!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously good pick up.

Haha thanks man. We are all excited to watch this kid play. This was yet another big time recruit for Miller. We'll see who stays and who goes but I'm guessing RJ will be staying for at least a couple years. Already excited for next years team! Bear down!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah, nice get for Miller and co. I couldn't really care less, but it's funny to me how ESPN does a story a few days ago highlighting that 4 of the top 10 ranked recruits are going to pick a school today, and of course, one of the players they spotlight is SJ, saying that he will probably go to UK. Then, today, when he picks AZ, they mention him once, in the very last sentence of the article talking about the signing day. They mention about 20 players before him, and he's #9 overall! To top it all off, they say that SJ is the second top 100 recruit that Miller got in the class. How about he is the third in the top 60 for AZ, and the fourth guy we got is considered by many to be the nation's top JC transfer. You'd think that Miller would get more respect in recruiting, but I guess not. Fuck it though, let the playing do the talking.

BTFD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every kid at the rec is gonna be rocking these kicks watch! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats espn for ya. They act like Brett Hundley is a god from UCLA because they need to while USC is having a bad year. Meanwhile Kelly is playing great. And they act like Hundley will go in the top 5.

If someone on Kansas went off for 30 they wouldnt show him. They would show Wiggins scoring 10 points and would show all his buckets.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is a company that was purchased by Disney over a decade ago. Ever since then they are very transparent in their corporate goals. They are all about synergy, and cross promotions. They own the rights to broadcast SEC Football and ACC basketball? Guess what? that means they are going to print articles on their website about those conferences 10 times more than they do articles about Fox-Sports-broadcasted conferences... because they are attempting to drive viewership and therefore revenue to their parent corporation. Mickey is very, very hungry.

As far as the Pac12 QBs go, Hundley gets press because he is a very good football player, the same for Mariota. These are the two Pac12 QBs who get the most national attention, because they are two of the top NFL prospects. Kelly is playing well, but he isn't even one of the top-5 rated QBs in the conference:

(National Ranking)
Mariota (7)
Mannion (15)
Hundley (20)
Price (22)
Hogan (35)
Kelly (38)
Kessler (40)

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is a company that was purchased by Disney over a decade ago. Ever since then they are very transparent in their corporate goals. They all about synergy, and cross promotions. They own the rights to broadcast SEC Football and ACC basketball? Guess what? that means they are going to print articles on their website about those conferences 10 times more than they do articles about Fox-Sports-broadcasted conferences... because they are attempting to drive viewership and therefore revenue to their parent corporation. Mickey is very, very hungry.

As far as the Pac12 QBs go, Hundley gets press because he is a very good football player, the same for Mariota. These are the two Pac12 QBs who get the most national attention, because they are two of the top NFL prospects. Kelly is playing well, but he isn't even one of the top-5 rated QBs in the conference:

(National Ranking)
Mariota (7)
Mannion (15)
Hundley (20)
Price (22)
Hogan (35)
Kelly (38)
Kessle (40)

Hundley holds the ball to long, leads the nation in getting sacked. Kelly also had a much tougher schedule. Stanford, Wisconsin, Notre Dame. That is fucking tough defense. Come on man. Watch Hundley tonight he has no feel at the qb positions. He played 2 cup cake non conference and a overrated Nebraska team.

Kelly has had a much tougher schedule.

You also got to put into the mix that Hundley has gotten to play New Mexico State, Cal, Nevada some of the worse pass defenses in the nation. When UCLA finally played some tough competition Hundley looked lost. Then he played Stanford who has a good pass rush and they literally rocked his world.

2 interceptions vs New Mexico State? An easy schedule is saving his stats.

Its just because he plays for UCLA he wont be a good NFL qb. Not saying Kelly will, but that bull shit quarterback rating is so far from the truth.

I love Disney so idgaf what they do. :laugh3::suds:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox Sports One shit the bed with there launch. Really some terrible personal and analyst.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just because he plays for UCLA he wont be a good NFL qb. Not saying Kelly will, but that bull shit quarterback rating is so far from the truth.

"Just because he plays for UCLA he won't be a good NFL qb" = Incredibly ignorant butchering of the transitive property.

Quarterback Rating = Based on fact.

It is so hard to pick, Such a tough choice for people to ponder:... the opinion of an 18 year old Junior College student? or that of the facts... hmmm

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Just because he plays for UCLA he won't be a good NFL qb" = Incredibly ignorant butchering of the transitive property.

Quarterback Rating = Based on fact.

It is so hard to pick, Such a tough choice for people to ponder:... the opinion of an 18 year old Junior College student? or that of the facts... hmmm

I think he holds the ball to long. You cant do that in the NFL. He has no feel at the qb position alot like EJ Manuel last year really doesnt know when to step into the pocket or when to take off, no internal clock on when to get rid of the football, lacks touch on his throws, and cant pick up a 2nd read, hes bailed out in Mazzones spread offensive system lots of motions and swing passes. Its easy to find a guy wide open we saw it with Brock Osweiler except Brock had no line and no running game. Kelly is a system qb but he should get some attention.

More like a sick af opinion from a cool kid. :suds:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like TJs game great pick. Good riddance for you guys Mark Lyons. We feel the same way about Evan Gordon guy has been awful for Indiana early on.

TJs style of play really makes me miss Glasser, I love Jahii but I do love pass first pgs like Glasser, Larry Drew II, TJ. Over these last couple of years. TJ is stocky and strong but I feel if he shedded some weight he would gain some quickness which would elevate his game further.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although, all of that being said, AZ moves back into the top ten in class rankings, and I don't think that Miller is finished, quite yet. Still, I wonder who redshirts or leaves next year. Fuck it, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can still land Justice, if not then no biggie... we're still so stacked.

Stanley Johnson is a beast, and has really improved over the last year, but me personally I have always liked Winslow a little more at the 3.. if I had to pick between the two. Hopefully both will be Cats next year.

Winslow isn't the slasher, or open court player that Johnson is, but he is clearly one of the best rebounders for his size to come out of HS in a long time, and he is a great defensive player. All of the coaches at the U19s said that Winslow and AG were the hardest workers.

Having Stanley Johnson commit today is epic, he is the best player on the West Coast, other than maybe Ivan Rabb (who will be a Wildcat in 2015), but if we were to land JW also, IMO that would be the best two SFs to ever commit to the UofA in the same class... and I'm including such classes as Iguodala and Hassan Adams in that statement.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley didnt look NFL ready tonight but yea basketball. Okay bye.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley had a higher QBR against every team that ASU and UCLA have both played (Colorado, Utah, UW), with the exception of Stanford, where Kelley had the better of two pretty bad ratings (39.4-37.4).

Against the same competition:

Hundley- 73-112 (65.1%) 835 YDS (11.4YPComp, 7.4 YPAtt) 6TD, 3INT, 9 sacks: Rushing 50 for 199 (3.99YPC) 3TD

Kelley- 74-147 (50.3%) 1075 YDS (14.5YPComp, 7.31 YPAtt) 8TD, 3INT 11 sacks: Rushing 38 for 107 (3.55YPC) 5TD

Again, different players around each QB, but the same defenses.
Oh, and Hundley is only a sophomore, while Kelley is a junior; so Hundley still has more than half his college career left in front of him.

Just thought I'd throw some facts out there, and let them speak for themselves... since I don't have a dog in the fight.

But yeah, it's college basketball season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I said was:

"As far as the Pac12 QBs go, Hundley gets press because he is a very good football player, the same for Mariota. These are the two Pac12 QBs who get the most national attention, because they are two of the top NFL prospects."

I have been a UofA fan for 30 years. I do not like UCLA, I would never root for a Bruin to do well in college, or in the pros. I never said I was a fan of Hundley or that I personally thought he was going to be a good pro. What I said was: ESPN is hyping him more than the QB that you are slobbering over because they believe he will be a better pro, and that UCLA was more hype-worthy than asu. Corporate reasoning was the topic at hand, not which player I believe is better.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said Kelly wasn't going to be a good pro. Listen much? Or can you not understand what I'm typing? You probably can't understand what I'm saying because my grammar is shit.