• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Stadium Series Anaheim Ducks Vs LA Kings Jan 25, 2014

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Kings at least score a fucken Goal so all those LA Kings fans at Dodger Stadium can cheer for something.

PATHETIC!!!

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for showing up Kings... Hope you enjoyed a national televised red carpet FAILURE - :finger:

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter has wide open net.. Misses. :yell:

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who gets traded.. the Kings need to make a move and bring in someone with offensive skill. Good grief.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke. KINGS ARE A JOKE

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry.. but this team blows at the moment. Forget Sochi, the Kings have gone to Sucky.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely atrocious, thanks a lot Kings for making my Saturday great you fucken BUMS!!!

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't even score a goal in a game like this????? Dumbo should be proud.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What idiots paid $250+ for tickets that were horribly far from the ice and saw that??????????

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talent but very reminiscent of the LA Kings team of 1985/86. But then the 2012 team didn't look a lot different either. And that team won the Cup. They sure how hard to watch though.

Ox

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know where this team went, on an extended Christmas break it seems since they haven't been the same sine they beat the Sharks shortly before Christmas, but am staring to get sick watching them play.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hnic guys were saying the Kings have had the toughest schedule in January but at least they could do is try.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all jazzed to see this game after my hockey game but as I'm dressing down in the locker room the woman sends me a text and says we are having company and I need to stop at the store.

I did, got stuff, and since they have kids too they dominated the TV with Madagascar 2. Just saw the score and reading this thread, it doesn't sound like I missed much.

On the plus side, I scored more goals than any King tonight, and mine was a rocket that went glove side high.

From the point.

Goalie waved at it after it hit the netting and came back out.

In OT.

Game over.

=)~~

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't miss a thing Puck. A lot of hype with nothing much else to follow. Even the Ducks didn't play that well. Got the first goal by driving to the net creating a lot of traffic in front of Quick with little Kings presence in response. The second Ducks goal was a lucky bounce off the glass/boards behind the net but once again the Ducks were driving to the net. Didn't see a lot of that from the Kings side the entire game. After those 2 early Anaheim goals though it was a rather boring hockey game. Not fun to watch at all. For sure I'm glad I didn't spend upwards of $200 to go.

Ox

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough game for the Kings last night. I loved seeing the outdoors play though! Kings fans don't worry, you all still have a quality team with highly skilled players at all ends of the ice. Don't let this game get you all down. At the end of the day, all great teams will have set backs but they are still great teams. The Kings are one of those teams that will find a way to not only get into playoffs but to get far into them. I think this year's talent here gets them far! Good luck fans!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the game, you all had two great musical bands there! Was great to see Kiss & the other guy is a great Kings fan! If the Bolts ever play in a stadium game, who will play? Jimmy Buffet? He probably doesn't even know what hockey is & still looking for his lost jigger of salt! :laugh3:

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so for those of you who didn't go to the game, you truly missed an experience. Yes the Kings lost and 54000 fans didn't get the chance to shout when the Kings scored, but just being outside in that environment was worth the price of admission (no I didn't pay 200 or anywhere close to that). If they were to hold another, I would be there again.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you had a good time. And happy for you that you got a deal on the tickets. I never really looked for any deals after the early offer for season ticket holders. I suppose it would have been a nice experience but it just didn't appeal to me.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't miss a thing Puck. A lot of hype with nothing much else to follow. Even the Ducks didn't play that well. Got the first goal by driving to the net creating a lot of traffic in front of Quick with little Kings presence in response. The second Ducks goal was a lucky bounce off the glass/boards behind the net but once again the Ducks were driving to the net. Didn't see a lot of that from the Kings side the entire game. After those 2 early Anaheim goals though it was a rather boring hockey game. Not fun to watch at all. For sure I'm glad I didn't spend upwards of $200 to go.

Ox

That's kind of where I am at, I'm not into these Winter Classic/Stadium Series games at all. I don't know why, but I would much rather prefer to just go to Staples or another arena and watch the game. Thus, I wasn't overly disappointed that I didn't watch much of it but am disappointed the Kings couldn't pull it off when the platform for massive exposure was there.

The Kings don't get a lot of credit around the league, and this could have been a major statement game. Well, it was, but on the flip side, that they suck and can't score goals. That statement was sent out loud and clear.

Back at it tonight against a Sharks team that has been playing well since their last meet up.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Agree with ouedan1, the experience was like none other though 2nd to the skating the cup on home ice. Being there and seeing all the fans was great, and it was a mud on your face moment for those who said it wouldn't work or there aren't hockey fans in CA.

As for the game, the Kings did win majority of the stat category but overall the Anaehim D had everything covered, lots of shots from the wings and no real attempts to get bodies in front of the net. The penalty shot was the moment of the game, if Kopi scores it's a different game all together. Just a poor effort on execution again, passes not being crisp (ice was a issue but it will always be and Anaehim skated on the same ice) defensive breakdowns and missing scoring chances.

Question on the game, why at 5 mins in the 3rd did they not switch sides, I thought at the classic you switched sides at 5 mins left in the 3rd period? Also, there was no handshake at the end? Something I have seen when watching other classics.