• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LA Kings Vs Anaheim Ducks Jan 23, 2014

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely all of them that haven't switched over to the Clippers because the Lakers are down this year. But then the Clippers are an LA team also. Then they are all no doubt Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fans.

Ox

Yeah, probably Angel fans, but no doubt Laker/Clipper fans as well. I think that was an odd chant considering.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic yet again, making mistakes they made in 2009. This team should be better than this but all it's taking is one or two bonehead mistakes and it ends up in the net. WTF was Mitchell thinking?

I also agree with Ox, something needs to be done. I don't think a huge shake up is necessary but change is due nonetheless.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than interesting it's kind of silly. The Angels owner (Artie Moreno I think) wanted to tap into the Dodgers fan base while they were down a few years ago. Magic Johnson and his group kind of ruined that idea when they bought the Dodgers and invested big time to get the team back into contention. They should have went back to the original name the Angels had; California Angels.

Ox

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than interesting it's kind of silly. The Angels owner (Artie Moreno I think) wanted to tap into the Dodgers fan base while they were down a few years ago. Magic Johnson and his group kind of ruined that idea when they bought the Dodgers and invested big time to get the team back into contention. They should have went back to the original name the Angels had; California Angels.

Ox

Yeah, California Angels, Anaheim Angels, & Los Angeles Angels all sound better than the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim LOL

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Pathetic yet again, making mistakes they made in 2009. This team should be better than this but all it's taking is one or two bonehead mistakes and it ends up in the net. WTF was Mitchell thinking?

I also agree with Ox, something needs to be done. I don't think a huge shake up is necessary but change is due nonetheless.

Problem is Sutter doesn't think it was a bad game. Specifically talking about the physical aspect of the game here is what he said.

Last edited by a moderator:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Adding to this further, at least Kopi knows there is an issue, they just can seem to fix it:

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is Sutter doesn't think it was a bad game. Specifically talking about the physical aspect of the game here is what he said.

I'm thinking TM's influence was more important than what Sutter did.

TM definitely set the table, but he just couldn't get beyond or the players quit listening to him. I'm wondering if Sutter's lackadaisical approach is hurting them.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm thinking TM's influence was more important than what Sutter did.

TM definitely set the table, but he just couldn't get beyond or the players quit listening to him. I'm wondering if Sutter's lackadaisical approach is hurting them.

Completely agree, I wonder if his influence has worn out the team. It was great having in come in and win the cup but we aren't playing consistent hockey like other teams out there.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't been that long, how could they be running Sutter out so quickly? Besides from what I read he is a hardass. He telss the player how it is, pulling no punches.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't been that long, how could they be running Sutter out so quickly? Besides from what I read he is a hardass. He telss the player how it is, pulling no punches.

But by being just a hard-ass, isn't gonna teach the young stiffs like Muzzin how to play the game correctly.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding to this further, at least Kopi knows there is an issue, they just can seem to fix it:

Checked out Williams' post game interview after the game and when asked what the Kings need he said "more jam".

That's what I am seeing too, the Kings are losing the wall and one on one battles that they were winning when they had that 10 game hot streak. I see a lack of effort and mental lapses more than before.

Blake also said the Kings need to put more pucks in the net, which is obvious, but I don't know if that means the Kings will try and squeeze more from this group or make a move to get more offense.

I don't see too many players who could be traded for a Moulson, Vanek, etc. without hurting another area. The guys who we would like to see moved - Muffin, Martinez, Fraser, Frattin, etc. - are not going to net this type of player.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not like Carter opportunities happen all the time. As Puck said there aren't even that many guys to even go after and even fewer that play as hard in the defensive zone as they do in the offensive zone. The lineup can win when they put forth the effort but that seems to be the problem and that does come down to the coaches/C/A's to do what ever they can to refocus this team. No body has mentioned Richards playing poorly but he has been the cause of many turnovers and lack of hustle that leads to goals as well. He has put up points but the effort isn't quite there IMO.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Checked out Williams' post game interview after the game and when asked what the Kings need he said "more jam".

That's what I am seeing too, the Kings are losing the wall and one on one battles that they were winning when they had that 10 game hot streak. I see a lack of effort and mental lapses more than before.

Blake also said the Kings need to put more pucks in the net, which is obvious, but I don't know if that means the Kings will try and squeeze more from this group or make a move to get more offense.

I don't see too many players who could be traded for a Moulson, Vanek, etc. without hurting another area. The guys who we would like to see moved - Muffin, Martinez, Fraser, Frattin, etc. - are not going to net this type of player.

Yeah something just seems amis, the small elements of the game are missing. The fight for the puck isn't there. I don't think a trade would work, especially given the pieces (as you mentioned) what the Kings have to offer. They just need better execution from the current roster. I am going back to what you and I agree on, Brown being the captain needs to set the tone and just has not done so. Maybe the Kings need to dangle his name out there again to fire him up?

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No body has mentioned Richards playing poorly but he has been the cause of many turnovers and lack of hustle that leads to goals as well. He has put up points but the effort isn't quite there IMO.

He probably got pissed that Carter was removed from his side. The first year with the Kings, before Carter, he was 20 pts less.