• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Hokie potential Offensive Coach Tracker

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were only planning to take a hybrid guy that would most likely be slotted elsewhere. I guess that changed when we hired Loeffler? Makes sense.

Like 46 said, Park will most likely be our 2014 guy.

Jacob Park

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Offensive success in the red zone comes from mainly 2 things. An accurate QB that makes smart decisions and an O-line that can get a push. O-line is a huge failure at VT in that area so it's usually up to the QB. It's no surprise that VT had one of the best red zone offenses in the nation in Tyrod's SR year when he finally got his entire game together. When Beamer and staff go almost exclusively after dual threat QBs which are usually inaccurate at least at the start of their careers AND have a weak O-line you're going to end up kicking plenty of FGs regardless of playcalling. I would rather have had Anthony Jennings or Hackenburg than Hodges and Parker because they are more proven and polished passers. Maybe now with a QB coach who knows what he's doing VT will develop the passing game of these dual threat QBs faster and more thoroughly

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crying-oklahoma-state-player-sports-crying-gifs.gif

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could get both kinlaw and park... Esp since we have a connection with kinlaw

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a strong arm. The first few throws were off his back foot.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Cain on being fired:

“It’s just part of this business,” O’Cain said Thursday night. “It’s not a part that you look forward to at all. Sometimes you don’t understand why things happen when they do. Frank’s in charge of this thing. He has to do what he thinks is best for this football program.”

“I think we were pretty good,” O’Cain said. “I’m not a big stat guy. I don’t look at how many yards we have. I really don’t care. We all get caught up in that.”

Here's some stats for you Mike:
Passing Yards - 65th in the country
Rushing Yards - 81st
Scoring - 83rd

“There was never any indication during the season that anything was going to happen,” O’Cain said. “I’ve been in this profession for 36 years. You know when things aren’t going good and you’re struggling and there’s a disgruntled bunch out there, for whatever the reason, that that could happen. But I had no inclination that it was going to happen.”

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

^^ My Cocaine during the season. No wonder we did so shitty.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
O'Cain must not read much press coverage, because they overwhelmingly predicted his departure.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
O'Cain on being fired:

“It’s just part of this business,” O’Cain said Thursday night. “It’s not a part that you look forward to at all. Sometimes you don’t understand why things happen when they do. Frank’s in charge of this thing. He has to do what he thinks is best for this football program.”

“I think we were pretty good,” O’Cain said. “I’m not a big stat guy. I don’t look at how many yards we have. I really don’t care. We all get caught up in that.”

Here's some stats for you Mike:
Passing Yards - 65th in the country
Rushing Yards - 81st
Scoring - 83rd

There was never any indication during the season that anything was going to happen,” O’Cain said. “I’ve been in this profession for 36 years. You know when things aren’t going good and you’re struggling and there’s a disgruntled bunch out there, for whatever the reason, that that could happen. But I had no inclination that it was going to happen.”

BS

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In an alternate universe OCain replies: "Yea, I knew halfway through the season I was getting canned. If it weren't for Angry Birds on the iPhone I'd have never made it through those November meetings. Made some wicked gains on Sporcle in December too."

Who knows if he really didn't expect to get fired (like the guy who's the last to realize his wife is leaving him)? It matters little. He probably did but just doesn't want to get into that publicly. Atleast he's not AlGrohing us.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In an alternate universe OCain replies: "Yea, I knew halfway through the season I was getting canned. If it weren't for Angry Birds on the iPhone I'd have never made it through those November meetings. Made some wicked gains on Sporcle in December too."

Who knows if he really didn't expect to get fired (like the guy who's the last to realize his wife is leaving him)? It matters little. He probably did but just doesn't want to get into that publicly. Atleast he's not AlGrohing us.

seemed classy at first but now its starting to sound like he is trying to say he was blindsided. These guys knew that there was a good chance they wouldnt be around next season before the end of october, which is why they were all out trying to "sell" themselves to other programs. Too bad Mikey didnt get picked up but its time to move on.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So was LT... a lot.

Jeez I will never understand the defense of his performance this year. Yeah he's a great guy and I'm rooting for him but every game was not like Rutgers where he was under pressure almost every snap. Dropped passes, wrong routes (this isn't a certainty as far as I know), no running game, blah blah blah...a good QB adjusts to that and makes some plays happen anyway. At the end of the year at BC and UVA he had essentially been in the program for 4 years and still looked horrible. You've got to draw the line with the excuses somewhere

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You've got to draw the line with the excuses somewhere

I'll never understand how you can complain so much about everybody associated with Virginia Tech.

It gets old. Seriously, it's time to vote you off the island.

Beamer has made some changes. LT knows he needs some improvement. Yet they did something this year. They went 7-6 and won their bowl game. When are you going to do your part and shut up about it?

Is there any possible way you don't realize that you are just a hamster on a squeaky wheel at this point? Seriously, you've used up your portion of the whine spectrum.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand how you can complain so much about everybody associated with Virginia Tech.

It gets old. Seriously, it's time to vote you off the island.

Beamer has made some changes. LT knows he needs some improvement. Yet they did something this year. They went 7-6 and won their bowl game. When are you going to do your part and shut up about it?

Is there any possible way you don't realize that you are just a hamster on a squeaky wheel at this point? Seriously, you've used up your portion of the whine spectrum.

can i get an AMEN!!